• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

BobLoblaw

Banned
That injury took me from "F Yeah basketball is back to completely dejected and I'm not even a Celtics fan.
This. I had just got home, turned on the game and was like "Yus! B-ball back!" Five seconds later I see this shit. I turned the game off and I don't even plan on watching the Warriors game. The joy is gone. I'm sure it'll be back in a week or so. Hold it down for me til then Basketball GAF.

Meanwhile ESPN suspends Jemele Hill and Skip posts that and will get nothing.

That's because FS1 knew full and well what they were getting when they hired Skip. This is in no way excusing the tasteless shit he's said, but Skip has spent the majority of his career double downing on audacious and illogical shit because that's his character.

It's not a coincidence that he tweets out stupid shit like this and then it becomes a topic of conversation on The Undisputed. It's all calculated.

SCChappy

Banned
It's not even this for me, seeing someone get so completely and utterly fucked playing normally has damped (rightfully) the hype for the season for me.

In the first game

In the first quarter of the first game

i don’t think ill ever be able to get that image out of my mind

I watched almost every Cavs preseason game and now with today's game and Crowder just looks like a completely different player compared to when he played in Boston. Where was this in the Playoffs last season? It's like joining Cleveland and suddenly he's a better player now.

Players sometimes get reinvigorated once they're on a new team.

Also he's playing with Bron. Anyone would be hyped.

ViciousDS

Banned
injuries in basketball are normal......the paul george thing was due to stantion being poorly placed and was still a freak accident.......... but holy shit I never thought just a contested dunk would end like that

the entire night of basketball was ruined just like that

warriors vs rockets don't even matter to me anymore.....im going to go play some south park to cheer me up

Combine that with bobby portis being a fucking asshole for my bulls

YES......this sucks

injuries in basketball are normal......the paul george thing was due to stantion being poorly placed and was still a freak accident.......... but holy shit I never thought just a contested dunk would end like that

As fast and vertical the game is it's sort of amazing shit like that doesn't happen more often.

yuraya

Damn what a fucked up injury for Hayward. Coming off the best year of his career and big FA move too. He should be back for the start of next season I think. Suck for Celtics fans.

Cornbread78

Got the text from my wife, then WEEI in the middle of a board meeting.... Legit shook..

I was really looking forward to watching this team grow this season.

Lebron is gonna take the regular season off now.

Umbooki

so are Celtics really no better at this point than Kyries Cavs when he was by himself?
They're not too good. They gave up depth to make Hayward work, but now they're in a position where they must rely on Al Horford and Kyrie.

They're a Vet SF away from the Joe Johnson Hawks.

Foreal though: They're a middling playoff team.

They're not too good. They gave up depth to make Hayward work, but now they're in a position where they must rely on Al Horford and Kyrie.

They're a Vet SF away from the Joe Johnson Hawks.

Foreal though: They're a middling playoff team.

Maybe Danny can trade Hayward for some depth.

Maybe Danny can trade Hayward for some depth.

Dion + Kelly Olynyk + Justise Winslow for Gordon Hayward

(return of the Dion vs Kyrie show after Dion's best season + return of Kelly + Justise Winslow, who Ainge famously was supposedly gonna put a bunch of picks down for)

Then Miami conditioning leads to Hayward having a great recovery + Heat get a star.

Remember the Celtics have Marcus Morris coming back in a week or two as well. Not that it's a huge deal but he's a serviceable starting forward who adds depth so they don't need as much from Tatum

FTF

Holy shit, just heard and saw the vid of Hayward injury. Just horrible. Feel really bad for him and hope he makes a full recovery.

Top Bottom