• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

I still don't get this Lebron wants to go to LA. Who is there to win a championship with? Even if PG comes with him, they're not better than the Warriors in the same conference.

For once in Lebrons life he'll actually have to go through a real playoff conference too.

VeeP

They may not go, but at some point some superstar is going to end up signing there, especially if they have the cap room to sign two max guys. The allure of turning the Lakers back into a competent franchise has to be tempting.

Two superstars?

Nick Young, God Olynyk.

I still don't get this Lebron wants to go to LA. Who is there to win a championship with? Even if PG comes with him, they're not better than the Warriors in the same conference.

For once in Lebrons life he'll actually have to go through a real playoff conference too.

His early years in Cleveland didn't count as a playoff conference? It was literally just Lebron and mediocre players. Dude went up against good Bulls, Pistons, and Celtic teams. Or maybe my memory is just foggy.

There's no team LeBron can realistically join that is going to make him better than the Warriors.

Your not wrong, but I'd honestly love to see Lebron & one other superstar join the Spurs. WCF would be sick.

There's no team LeBron can realistically join that is going to make him better than the Warriors.

In this hypothetical scenario, whoever LeBron wants to bring with him with the extra cap space. The point is these guys do whatever they want. I don't know how many crazy offseason have to happen before people realize that.

Also Kyrie in 2013 was an unknown commodity. He played like 50 games a year and put up decent stats on garbage teams.

Kyrie was an all-star in 2013. Everyone knew he would be good.

200w.gif

Dre3001

I get the toxic culture thing leading to lakers trading Russell.

Only one game but still not sure Lonzo is the answer to luring future stars. Even at UCLA his game didn't jump out and scream superstar to me. He came across as a flashier Austin rivers with worse shooting.

I actually think Russell turns into a top guard in this league. He is a pure scorer and now has the keys to go all out on a bad nets team. Maybe the trade shapes him up.

mozfan12

Banned
This is the toughest Lakers team I've ever seen. We don't have a decent shooter in this whole team. Seeing this many bricks through the pre-season and now in this game....ufff..someone save us.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Only one game but still not sure Lonzo is the answer to luring future stars. Even at UCLA his game didn't jump out and scream superstar to me. He came across as a flashier Austin rivers with worse shooting.

I actually think Russell turns into a top guard in this league. He is a pure scorer and now has the keys to go all out on a bad nets team. Maybe the trade shapes him up.

Da fuq

A flashier Austin Rivers...
Russell turns into a top guard in the league...
Have you been drinking?

Considering Lonzo and Rivers are nearly nothing alike outside of being light skinned, and Lonzo shot better than Rivers in college, I'm still scratching my head at that fuckery.

Dre3001

This might legit be the worst comparison I've heard all year. The Hot takes are out in full force tonight.

A flashier Austin Rivers...
Russell turns into a top guard in the league...
Have you been drinking?

That was a great alley oop from Lonzo.

Edit: Oh wait nm that was Austin Rivers

I'll take the heat on my hot take but just not impressed with his game from what I've seen in college.

Great court vision but his shot is really slow/ugly and he doesn't seem quick enough to guard some of the top pgs in the league.

I don't think he will be a bust but rather not the second coming like he is hyped up to be.

Top Bottom