• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Smokey

Hey guys I updated the site (top story, rules, etc) and some other fun stuff. Here it is:

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&t=NBA2K8&l=234604

Remember you can do everything from the league site. You can propose or deny trades, adjust your lineup, see league leaders in specific categories etc.

I hope to keep it updated with just fun stuff. I've always liked using the website just as an added extension of the league.

I also put up a poll about the difficulty of the league. Just take a second and pick which ever you'd prefer.

Smokey

Since it's week 1 deadline for first game is Saturday 11pm Central. After that we can get on the 3-4 day time frame to play games like the last season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nice front page and thanks for reminding me of my playoff failures Smokey :lol :p

Dcx,when will you be free today to play? Im home all day today so you name a time and I should be able to play then.

Smokey

Is anyone able to get into the website?

It will not let me sign in. It's giving me a "unable to verify login" error? wtf is this horseshit I was on it last night. It's been doing it to me all day.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I cant log in either :\

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Nice front page and thanks for reminding me of my playoff failures Smokey :lol :p

Dcx,when will you be free today to play? Im home all day today so you name a time and I should be able to play then.
Hey man, sorry about last night. the baby was cranky. I can play tonight after American Idol.

DCX

Matrix

Np man.

Im busy doing some work,but im free to play at 11 pm eastern tonight.

Let me know in here if thats good and ill be on then.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Np man.

Im busy doing some work,but im free to play at 11 pm eastern tonight.

Let me know in here if thats good and ill be on then.
can you make it earlier? i gotta get up early tomorrow for work.

DCX

Matrix

I can play at 10,in 30 mins.

Matrix

Np,see ya then.

Matrix

dcx,it connected.

Im in the league lobby.

Smokey

hope you guys are able to play. I emailed 2k earlier and they responded with:

"Our Xbox 360 servers were down for part of the day and thus no one was able to access the game online or through the league pages. We have corrected the servers for online play and are currently working on restoring the servers for the online league pages."

*sigh*

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey Bones said:
hope you guys are able to play. I emailed 2k earlier and they responded with:

"Our Xbox 360 servers were down for part of the day and thus no one was able to access the game online or through the league pages. We have corrected the servers for online play and are currently working on restoring the servers for the online league pages."

*sigh*

that shit happens like every week. its getting really annoying

Matrix

GG DCX.

<3 Brooks!

CB3

GCQuinton said:
CB, looks like I just missed you online but I'm off for tonight. What's the earliest you can go tomorrow?

like the same time i PM'ed you today

Houston (1-0) 23 18 21 19 81

New Orleans (0-1) 18 22 17 17 74

-Shawn and I will be playing later tonight in an Old-West shootout, Nuggets vs. Lakers.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AirBrian said:
True, I can't play tonight, but tomorrow evening or Thursday evening works great. Let me know what works for you.

Thursday evening will work for me. I'm mountain time. I can play after 7 my time.

if we could finish the week by tonight so i can play my week 2 game with brian tonight, that'd be great. i won't be here this weekend

i also misclicked something when i was browsing this thread, something about a post having reputation points and that i have 10 of them. what is that and how did i get there??

Matrix

I cant see this week finishing tonight when the deadline is Saturday night and with the servers being up and down.

edit- everyone has 10 reputation points to start with.If a mod likes one of your posts he can give you more or take away points if he hates you.It means nothing in the long run,Id say over 90% of people are at 10.

AirBrian

Truelize said:
Thursday evening will work for me. I'm mountain time. I can play after 7 my time.
OK, I'm in Central time, so that will work. Can we play after 9 PM (8 PM MST)? Lost is on! If that doesn't work, how about 10 PM (9 PM MST)?

pheeniks, we can play our game after that if you're available.

Matrix

Nm,maybe the week will finish tonight.It just depends on the servers.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Nm,maybe the week will finish tonight.It just depends on the servers.

Yeah if they can fix their shit. I couldn't log on to 2k servers a few mins ago and I still couldn't get into the webpage. Sounds like we have at least 2 games left and if those get played tonite then the league can go ahead and move.

Matrix

I think we have 3 games left.I was able to view the webpage earlier this morning and no score was showing up for the Chris/Shawn game,so I assume they didnt play.

I cant log in now either,so F U 2K!

Yeah, Shawn never showed up last night and I don't know his schedule for today...

Maybe we could move to week 2 for an hour tonight so Pheeniks and Brian can play their week 2 game, but I don't know if that messes up the schedule or what.

CB3

crazy ass game. GC. I swear to god every foul was a 3 point play. BTW stopping pressing A during timeout's i had to burn like 2 extra timeouts just to get my guys in, and i couldnt get theme in at the end because i didnt have any left. extremely frustating

GCQuinton

CB3 said:
crazy ass game. GC. I swear to god every foul was a 3 point play. BTW stopping pressing A during timeout's i had to burn like 2 extra timeouts just to get my guys in, and i couldnt get theme in at the end because i didnt have any left. extremely frustating

Good game, man. About the timeouts, I thought it only skipped ahead when I called it after I was done subbing. Was that happening when you were calling them, too? If that's what happened I'll keep it in mind for the future.

CB3

yeah. i would get into my sub menu and like 2 seconds later it would skip.

man my second unit came through like a motherfucker to put me back into that game. stupid defense let me down :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AirBrian said:
OK, me and Truelize are going to play on Saturday. :-(

Or tonight if we can play around 6ish. Sorry about that. I was hoping you were gonna be around a bit sooner than I had said. Wife and I had friends come over to watch Lost. We had the premiere recorded and were planning on watching that and this weeks. We only got to the first one. :( So I'm still a week behind.

Sorry to delay things guys.

AirBrian

Truelize said:
Or tonight if we can play around 6ish. Sorry about that. I was hoping you were gonna be around a bit sooner than I had said. Wife and I had friends come over to watch Lost. We had the premiere recorded and were planning on watching that and this weeks. We only got to the first one. :( So I'm still a week behind.

Sorry to delay things guys.
It's no problem at all. pheeniks was just wanting to get our Week 2 game in last night because he'll be out of town this weekend. But there's one more game for Week 1 besides us, so it didn't matter anyway. I won't be able to play that early tonight, so Saturday it is! What time works for you? I'll play just about any time assuming you don't want to play at 8 AM. :lol

EDIT: I'm going to have to go into the office for a few hours tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to play until after 1 PM or so. :-(

Smokey

Deadline is tonight and we still have:

Denver @ Lakers

Detroit @ Bulls

Are you guys going to be able to play tonight? After week 1 is over we'll go to 3 day intervals since we don't have as many people in this season as last. Try and get those games in though.

AirBrian

True, I should be home in about 2 hours or so, and I'll be able to play any time after that. If I'm not on XBL, you can hit me up on AIM (AirBrian14).

Chirs James is unavailable for most of today...we tried playing last night but 2K and their wonderful servers f'd that up...

We may need to move week and move it back so we can play tomorrow or something...

I should be able to play tonight at ~10 EST, if that works for you Shawn. I'll look for you on AIM.

I'm on my lunch break right now...

Top Bottom