• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Smokey

Truelize said:
Detroit and Chicago is done my friends.

nice.

pheeniks said:
I've officially found my niche with JAX. True can tell you all about it.

Want to scrimmage in like a hour? I've been itching to play this game but not in the mood to play random people.

The week is finished.

Shawn and Kobe absolutely raped my team. I played right into his hands with my up-tempo offense and his transitional D killed me, not to mention that my guys didn't play worth half a shit.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My bro is over and is playing 2k!

I'm free tomorrow night.

Smokey

Alright week 2 is open and the site has been updated:

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&t=NBA2K8&l=234604

For whatever reason I tried changing the main pic on the front page (wanted to put Kobe in it) but the stupid site won't save it. It keeps going back to Dwight. I even removed DH's picture from my computer and it STILL does it. Just another day in the life of a NBA2K player. Bugs upon more bugs.

Also, check out the little fun interview with AirBrian.

Annnd week 2 deadline is Tuesday night!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can you play at 11? in 20 mins?

Matrix

I'm almost done with some work,ill be on in 10 mins! :(

I know im going to lose,I hate playing the Celtics.

Matrix

GG CB.

Holy shit Brooks <3 :lol

32 pts 8 assists 1 BLOCK

aaron_brooks.jpg

Matrix

Man I wish I had kept Brooks in season one,I love his shot and good god he's super fast *like real life* and was causing Yao to lose stamina real quick.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX: you gonna be around Tuesday night?

Wednesday wont work good for me cause I'm taking the wife out for Valetines Day (yes it's a day early but she is going out of town for the weekend and that doesn't mean I'm off the hook for V-Day).

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
DCX: you gonna be around Tuesday night?

Wednesday wont work good for me cause I'm taking the wife out for Valetines Day (yes it's a day early but she is going out of town for the weekend and that doesn't mean I'm off the hook for V-Day).
I'll be around Tuesday night.

DCX

GCQuinton and I are playing at 3 EST tomorrow.

And I can attest to Brooks' greatness since Matrix traded him to me last season - he was pretty impressive and a great backup for Chauncy.

Hey Smokey, I just got home from a 14 hr. work day. I tried catching you online but you weren't on. We'll get in our game tomorrow night! Ciao!!

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Hey Smokey, I just got home from a 14 hr. work day. I tried catching you online but you weren't on. We'll get in our game tomorrow night! Ciao!!

Damn that sucks. It's no biggie.

Good with me. Just lemme know what time is good for you.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Send me a message on AIM or Live. I should be able to play a bit after 10est.
Ok, i can play around that time. I have tomorrow off so i can play and actually concentrate :) I need a win big time. I played my heart out against the MVP Brooks and come up short. I'm really excited to play with this team, Paul is awesome, but i need to shoot better with him. Peja is going to be John Starks streaky. The X-factor is going to be David West. As goes him, goes my team.

DCX

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Let's shoot for sometime around 2-3 hours from now. What's your AIM name?

dboythagr8

10pm central good for you? If that's too late let me know. I'm gonna go play real basketball and workout but like I said if that's too late lemme know.

Smokey said:
dboythagr8

10pm central good for you? If that's too late let me know. I'm gonna go play real basketball and workout but like I said if that's too late lemme know.

Well I'm heading home early now so I'll catch you soon!!

Smokey

gg shawn but there is a few things...

I understand you are trying to win and thats cool but the way you go about it wasn't cool.

1.) I was often double teamed out of the paint. Numerous times I was doubled on the wing or at the free throw area no where near the paint.

2.) The whole throw the ball from the other end of the court every time really isn't fun or cool. Not to mention you had 60 points in the paint and the limit is 50.

3.) After last season it was said that you could not FC press unless you were down and to wait until after 1/2 court because of the animation that would send you into the backcourt. That animation never hit me but you were pressing the entire game.

4.) I dunno if you were trying to get 45 with Kobe but you were clearly up by quite a bit. There's no need to shoot a 3 every single time down the court especially when you already have the game wrapped up.

5.) Everytime I call timeout you would skip ahead after you were done. I'm trying to change my players and adonal foyle ends up in the sg or I don't get a sub in because you pressed the button and skipped. This happened quite often.

It was like that in the championship game but I figured you were playing like that b/c well it was the ship. If we want to play certain ways I can certainly change my style like I do when I play random people and be a cheesy player but that defeats the whole purpose of playing in a league.

Like I said gg but c'mon man.

Smokey said:
gg shawn but there is a few things...

I understand you are trying to win and thats cool but the way you go about it wasn't cool.

1.) I was often double teamed out of the paint. Numerous times I was doubled on the wing or at the free throw area no where near the paint.

2.) The whole throw the ball from the other end of the court every time really isn't fun or cool. Not to mention you had 60 points in the paint and the limit is 50.

3.) After last season it was said that you could not FC press unless you were down and to wait until after 1/2 court because of the animation that would send you into the backcourt. That animation never hit me but you were pressing the entire game.

4.) I dunno if you were trying to get 45 with Kobe but you were clearly up by quite a bit. There's no need to shoot a 3 every single time down the court especially when you already have the game wrapped up.

5.) Everytime I call timeout you would skip ahead after you were done. I'm trying to change my players and adonal foyle ends up in the sg or I don't get a sub in because you pressed the button and skipped. This happened quite often.

It was like that in the championship game but I figured you were playing like that b/c well it was the ship. If we want to play certain ways I can certainly change my style like I do when I play random people and be a cheesy player but that defeats the whole purpose of playing in a league.
Like I said gg but c'mon man.

I'll quickly address your points one by one here...

A couple of times I accidently hit the double team button outside of the paint, but the times I did do it was because it made sense when I knew you were going to go up with Howard. I'll be more careful about it next time.

Second, I didn't have 60 point in the paint. It was in the mid 50 range as I checked before I ended the game. If I recall correctly, your ratio of paint points to your final score was on par with what I had

And the whole throw the ball down the court thing was a sympton Kobe typically being near half court because the game decides to put Lamar in the back court to bring the ball up. On the full court you were playing I tossed the ball where I had open guys, and as a result, I got some layups.

The pressing thing you mentioned is embellished quite frankly, maybe there was two or three times where I was too early with locking on to you, but I usually waited until you got past half court...And ask Chris James, if you were called on a back court penalty I would have taken the 5 sec. violation. I had a bullshit turnover where I was call out of bounds when I inbounded the ball, yet you took the bullshit call and on you went...

Kobe is my main focal point on offense. It's no coincidence alot of my offense goes through him. The fact I was up about 15 towards the end of the third and throughout the fourth did not give me comfort especially with your ability to hit a crazy amount of threes...Speaking of threes, you shot more threes than I did bro...

Regarding the skipping the timeout scenario, I had my woman patiently waiting for the game to be over so we could eat dinner and spend time together. My bad there...

And yes, after playing you 5 times now I have a pretty good read on what you like to do. I figured a high tempo run and gun style makes you uncomfortable, so until you prove you can play that kind of game... I'm going to stick with it...

But please dont distort my style as pure cheese because I took you out your game and made you play an uptempo style...

EDIT-GG

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I'll quickly address your points one by one here...

A couple of times I accidently hit the double team button outside of the paint, but the times I did do it was because it made sense when I knew you were going to go up with Howard. I'll be more careful about it next time.

Second, I didn't have 60 point in the paint. It was in the mid 50 range as I checked before I ended the game. If I recall correctly, your ratio of paint points to your final score was on par with what I had

And the whole throw the ball down the court thing was a sympton Kobe typically being near half court because the game decides to put Lamar in the back court to bring the ball up. On the full court you were playing I tossed the ball where I had open guys, and as a result, I got some layups.

The pressing thing you mentioned is embellished quite frankly, maybe there was two or three times where I was too early with locking on to you, but I usually waited until you got past half court...And ask Chris James, if you were called on a back court penalty I would have taken the 5 sec. violation. I had a bullshit turnover where I was call out of bounds when I inbounded the ball, yet you took the bullshit call and on you went...

Kobe is my main focal point on offense. It's no coincidence alot of my offense goes through him. The fact I was up about 15 towards the end of the third and throughout the fourth did not give me comfort especially with your ability to hit a crazy amount of threes...Speaking of threes, you shot more threes than I did bro...

Regarding the skipping the timeout scenario, I had my woman patiently waiting for the game to be over so we could eat dinner and spend time together. My bad there...

And yes, after playing you 5 times now I have a pretty good read on what you like to do. I figured a high tempo run and gun style makes you uncomfortable, so until you prove you can play that kind of game... I'm going to stick with it...

But please dont distort my style as pure cheese because I took you out your game and made you play an uptempo style...

EDIT-GG

I'm not talking about your uptempo style of play. That's your style, I don't care about that. You had 60 points in the paint. 50 in paint, and 8 fast break. Ok so that's 58 points in paint it's still over 50.

I'm also not complaining about you using Kobe. He's the best player in the game you should use him. But when you're up by 15-20 to come down on fast breaks and just pull 3s like you were down by 15...

If you couldn't play tonight then we could've played some other time when you and your girl didn't have plans. Or you could've told me on AIM what the deal was instead of consistently skipping through the sub screen which directly results in me wasting a timeout because you skipped it.

Of course I had to pull 3s like crazy because I was down by 15-20 going into the 4th. You on the other hand were not. I'm not saying don't pull 3s if you get up but you were on fastbreaks actually stopping with Kobe and lettin em fly.

I'm not having sour grapes here my complaints are legitimate. I lost and that's fine. After last season trying to get the best record during the regular season only to be for nothing since the league was simmed and I lost HC in playoffs I'm fine with losing. Just as long as I get into the top 8 for playoffs I'm good.

But to think I'd be mad or whatever because of your style of play? No. Has nothing to do with that. You played the same way in the 'ship in season 3.

Matrix

Wasnt the last season 60 points in the paint?

I'm not talking about your uptempo style of play. That's your style, I don't care about that. You had 60 points in the paint. 50 in paint, and 8 fast break. Ok so that's 58 points in paint it's still over 50.

I'm also not complaining about you using Kobe. He's the best player in the game you should use him. But when you're up by 15-20 to come down on fast breaks and just pull 3s like you were down by 15...

If you couldn't play tonight then we could've played some other time when you and your girl didn't have plans. Or you could've told me on AIM what the deal was instead of consistently skipping through the sub screen which directly results in me wasting a timeout because you skipped it.

Of course I had to pull 3s like crazy because I was down by 15-20 going into the 4th. You on the other hand were not. I'm not saying don't pull 3s if you get up but you were on fastbreaks actually stopping with Kobe and lettin em fly.

I'm not having sour grapes here my complaints are legitimate. I lost and that's fine. After last season trying to get the best record during the regular season only to be for nothing since the league was simmed and I lost HC in playoffs I'm fine with losing. Just as long as I get into the top 8 for playoffs I'm good.

But to think I'd be mad or whatever because of your style of play? No. Has nothing to do with that. You played the same way in the 'ship in season 3.

I didn't know we were counting fast break points in the "paint points" category as they typically resort from a breakaway with an advantage of sorts (3vs1 2vs1 etc). Now I know...

I was asking what how long you'd be up because I thought you said the week was advancing tonight. But I already apologized for that so we should be good...

Regarding the fast break 3 pointers, I was looking to put the game away but I shot like shit from three point range anyway.

I'll resolve to account for the annoyances you aired out here in the next game we play. I take your feedback very seriously....see you on the court again soon!

Smokey

Matrix said:
Wasnt the last season 60 points in the paint?

No, it was 50.

Points in paint include fast breaks but does not count 2nd chance baskets.

It usually takes a loss like this one to wake me up. Last season it was against AKA when the game decided to let KG run point guard even though AKA didn't set it that way so my PG was stuck guarding him the whole game. That irked me and that's when I went on the winstreak, this could be the same type of game..

Only game left is Golden State vs. Chicago.

Matrix

:lol

Damn my short term memory sucks.

I wish it was 60 :(

With my run and gun style against Quinton today I had 40 pts. in the paint at the half (out of 58) and had to significantly change my game plan.

Matrix, I have week 3 circled on my calendar.

And didn't we subtract second chance points from points in the paint last season?

Matrix

So do I,you beat me last season and I want revenge!

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
I wish it was 60 :(

With my run and gun style against Quinton today I had 40 pts. in the paint at the half (out of 58) and had to significantly change my game plan.

Matrix, I have week 3 circled on my calendar.

And didn't we subtract second chance points from points in the paint last season?

Yes. They are subtracted from the points in paint. So if it says I had 52 points in paint, but 6 second chance points then overall I ended up w/ 46 points in paint overall.

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
me and brian have been trying to get this game in but time keeps conflicting. sorry guys, hell week at school now...

Yeah, I think we've missed each other by a half-hour or less twice now. :-(

I'll be around this evening any time after 6:30 PM (CST) if that works for you.

Matrix

I could play if it's like 11:00 pm eastern time tonight or later.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Yeah, I think we've missed each other by a half-hour or less twice now. :-(

I'll be around this evening any time after 6:30 PM (CST) if that works for you.

Are you guys going to be able to play tonight? I'm going to advance the league at 11pm central.

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
Are you guys going to be able to play tonight? I'm going to advance the league at 11pm central.
It's not looking good. pheeniks is having a nasty week at school and has communicated this since the week opened. We will play this game, but if you need to sim it or whatever to advance the week, that's fine with me.

Top Bottom