• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Season 4 Interest Thread: Screw RROD we wont fail

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ChrisJames said:
Yeah, that'll work. Want to plan on playing at midnight?

Yea midnight is good.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
It's not looking good. pheeniks is having a nasty week at school and has communicated this since the week opened. We will play this game, but if you need to sim it or whatever to advance the week, that's fine with me.

Understandable. I'll go ahead and sim the game and hopefully you guys can make it up sometime.

Week has been advanced. League website updated:

http://online.2ksports.com/league/index?p=360&t=NBA2K8&l=234604

Deadline is Sunday 2/17 @ 10pm central because of the dumbest day of the year (valentine's day).

Smokey

Won't be able to tonight. Going to work out with my girl and then I gotta do some reading when I get back. I'm good for anytime on Friday or Saturday though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
damn 2k boots chris and I for no reason in the 2nd quarter....

f-ing 2k!

Matrix

I had some shit lag on and off against Chris.I missed 10000 layups,this game pisses me off sometimes so much that I cant care about the game when its happening and want it over with as soon as possible.Figures im playing well the first game,no lag,and the game just boots for no reason.

GG Chris.

Also how the heck do you pass in the air soooo much and not turn the ball over? :\ that was Malley ball and it worked.

7/12 on threes....damn nice shooting from outside.

GG Matrix.

The first game I was going straight to the 360 (no router), second game I went through the router because we were booted the first time. I didn't really notice much/any lag in either game, but I apologize that you had to experience it. Damn 2k...

Really surprising game for me. Luckily I was able to keep McGrady, Yao, and Brooks in check which allowed me to pull away. In my game with Shawn he had a ton of steals, so I guess I was just fortunate in this game.

-and yeah you did have some really shitty breaks on offense. It seems like that happens a lot to the away team; Once you miss a few shots in a row even the most elementary shots won't fall.

Matrix

Must have been the router,our first game was butter smooth for me :( I stopped using my router awhile ago cause it sucks during 2k games.2k's servers are just garbage this year.

Yea the road team in this game misses far too many layups,oh well,I still shot crappy from outside.I also thought the patch that was put up awhile ago was suppossed to fix the layups hitting the front of the rim issue *sigh*

Yao was a big ughhh,4 turnovers in 21 mins of play and he would not post up when I wanted him to.I was just off on everything,I couldnt even get my D set half the time.

Well we play two more times this season, both in Houston, so you'll have your shot at revenge :D

I'm loving the Nuggets. They're so much different than the Pistons.

DCX

DCX
Good god. I was having a nice game against Wsv and the game DCed with my team up 15, what do we do? 2K seems down now. And i got a loss for it :/

DCX

GCQuinton

DCX said:
Good god. I was having a nice game against Wsv and the game DCed with my team up 15, what do we do? 2K seems down now.

DCX

Yeah, looks like it's been doing that at night a lot lately. What time can you play tomorrow?

Phew....Pheeniks gave me all I could handle. I win the game by scoring the game tying +1basket and winning free throw by Kobe Bryant!! :D

I will never foul a jump shooter again

Smokey

pheeniks said:

:lol

DCX said:
Good god. I was having a nice game against Wsv and the game DCed with my team up 15, what do we do? 2K seems down now. And i got a loss for it :/

DCX

Game has been reset.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:

CB3 has to feel your pain. With our game tied and 24 seconds left on the clock in the 4th he accidentally hit the intentional foul button and put Billups at the line. Billups is veryveryveryveryvery good at the line in this game. I hit both, he missed his next shot and then was forced to foul me again. Game was pretty much over from there. It was an awesome game too.

When this game is played well the drama can be incredibly intense.

AirBrian

gg, Smokey. Howard is just a beast. Outside of him having a monster game, I thought my D played pretty good. That 2nd quarter just killed me though (20-8). I couldn't hit shit with Deng all day, and it was quite apparent you were determined to shut Hinrich down (which you did very effectively). Gordon really kept me in the game...well, sort of in the game. :-(

Smokey

AirBrian said:
gg, Smokey. Howard is just a beast. Outside of him having a monster game, I thought my D played pretty good. That 2nd quarter just killed me though (20-8). I couldn't hit shit with Deng all day, and it was quite apparent you were determined to shut Hinrich down too. Gordon really kept me in the game...well, sort of in the game. :-(

GG Brian.

Howard IS pretty nasty. I got em averaging a double double right now(22 ppg, 10 rpg).

I was focused on Deng and Hinrich. I was trying to switch defenses on you constantly to keep you off balance because if Hinrich gets going in this game he's hard to stop.

Last game that needs to be played is Utah and New Orleans.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
How much is left in the season?

Is there already Memphis representation in the league? If not I would love to get in on next season. This game is awesome :D I suck but its still really fun. Love running plays this year.

Smokey

vumpler said:
How much is left in the season?

Is there already Memphis representation in the league? If not I would love to get in on next season. This game is awesome :D I suck but its still really fun. Love running plays this year.

We just started really. Our season is 24 games and we're on game 3. I can't add any teams once the season starts unless somebody drops.

DCX

DCX
We can play tomorrow afternoon/night. I'm also watching the NBA Saturday Night and i have to work 7am til 11am tm.

DCX

Matrix

I cant log into the 2k site,anyone know who I play for week 4?

Houston at Chicago (AirBrian)

But we can't play any week 4 games until the schedule is advanced. Does anyone other than Smokey have admin powers?

Matrix

Thanks.

I'm not sure Chris.

Matrix

I'm free anytime past 10 pm eastern Monday and on Tuesday I'm free 11 pm eastern on.

I'm also free tonight,all night oh yea!

Smokey, you need to give some other people admin rights if you haven't all ready. You're doing a great job with the league so far, but it would be helpful to have other people be able to move the week forward and reset games that need to be reset.

ColdBlooded, let me know when you can play our week 4 game.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Smokey, you need to give some other people admin rights if you haven't all ready. You're doing a great job with the league so far, but it would be helpful to have other people be able to move the week forward and reset games that need to be reset.

ColdBlooded, let me know when you can play our week 4 game.

League has been advanced.

Also: Truelize, matrix, and chrisjames have had full admin options since day 1...

Also everyone can add articles to the league webpage and add/edit recaps to games, it's just that know one chooses to take advantage of it.

Smokey Bones said:
Also: Truelize, matrix, and chrisjames have had full admin options since day 1...

:lol Wow, I feel like a dumbass now.

I never sign into the site so I was just assuming I didn't have admin powers.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
:lol Wow, I feel like a dumbass now.

I never sign into the site so I was just assuming I didn't have admin powers.

:p

Deadline for game 4 is Wed 2/20 @ 12 am central

Gonna try and pick up the pace a bit with the games so it doesn't feel as if the league is dragging on like it did for a little bit in season 3.

Matrix

I had no clue I had DA POWA!

Half the time I cant log into the website cause 2k sucks :(

CB and I just tried getting our game in, but we were disconnected after 1 qtr. and now the 2k servers are down.

This is starting to get ridiculous.

Yo DCX, holla when you wanna get after it! Kobe's itching to shoot for another solid outing! Hit me on AIM if I dont catch you first!!

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
CB and I just tried getting our game in, but we were disconnected after 1 qtr. and now the 2k servers are down.

It's depressing as hell cause last season we hardly had these issues,but the game wasnt as good.This year the game is better and the online stuff is fucked most of the time.

Smokey

GCQuinton can you run tonight or tomorrow?

ChrisJames said:

It was actually worse in season 3 with the d/c for me. I haven't had too many probs this year.

Top Bottom