• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

Now you're posting pictures of yourself in Koreatown?!? :lol

Here's something for the grown and sexy...

nike-kobe-bryant-4-rings-nba-championship-mvp-t-shirts.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
And if Shawn loses the Lakers I am not playing him for the Cavs. I don't know what team he will get, but I will pull rank on that.
I have the Cavs until I decide to step away from them.
I will take my 50% record for the year and watch you guys battle in the playoffs.

I have my team cause I'm old and cranky. Not because I am skilled at all. :D

It's my birthday today too. 35 years young. Made it through the first third of my life already. Hooray!

Truelize said:
And if Shawn loses the Lakers I am not playing him for the Cavs. I don't know what team he will get, but I will pull rank on that.
I will take my 50% record for the year and watch you guys battle in the playoffs.

It's my birthday today too. 35 years young. Made it through the first third of my life already. Hooray!

Happy birthday

And if we're playing by that rule then I shouldn't have to play Bob for the Heat right?

Truelize said:

:lol

I'm surprised it took you this long to object to that notion. Don't worry, I didn't really plan on taking your beloved Cleveland LeBrons from you anyway.

EDIT - Pheenixs does bring up a good point though. Who's technically "set in stone" vs up for grabs via a tournament? Let's figure this thing out as I suspect others may have the same reaction True has when someone wants to compete for the right for their team.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Happy bday True.

I think Bob and I should play for the Bucks....loser gets the Bucks.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ph33nix said:
Happy birthday

And if we're playing by that rule then I shouldn't have to play Bob for the Heat right?

Not until you offered to play him. I didn't think you should have to had to play him at all until you threw down the gauntlet.

Now I don't know what to think.

Shawnwhann said:

I'm surprised it took you this long to object to that notion. Don't worry, I didn't really plan on taking your beloved Cleveland LeBrons from you anyway.

I always thought you were joking and knew I didn't have to say anything. It was Viakado that put you down for them in the list. Then FMT asked about it. So I was just making it clear. Thanks though. I have enough issues with playing against you without having a nervous breakdown, I couldn't handle losing to you if you had my team.

Do not want. :D

Truelize said:
Not until you offered to play him. I didn't think you should have to had to play him at all until you threw down the gauntlet.

Now I don't know what to think.

I always thought you were joking and knew I didn't have to say anything. It was Viakado that put you down for them in the list. Then FMT asked about it. So I was just making it clear. Thanks though. I have enough issues with playing against you without having a nervous breakdown, I couldn't handle losing to you if you had my team.

Do not want. :D

Viakado told me earlier that "me, smokey, and truelize all acknowledge bob as a vet and that you have to play him"

viakado is a fucking liar. this man is in charge of league personnel? wow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

I swear this is the most drama I have seen before a GAF NBA league has even started

happy birthday true.

i should have mentioned this earlier, but in the small possibility decisive games might go out of hand, im putting a limit on how many times you can challenge for a team.
if you currently have to play someone right now according to the list in the other thread, you would still have 1 challenge to give.

- if your a vet and lose a challenge, you must:
-either go back to your original team
or
-pick a team that hasn't been taken by a vet.

- if you're a rookie, if you currently have a team, same rules apply. you are given one challenge, but to only another rookie. but if you wish to challenge another rookie and you lose that challenge, you lose you're original team, and you will be defaulted to a team by me or by vote of co-commishes.

btw, the limit for a challenge is 1
beware though, i can see someone not liking his team, challenging a team, losing and end up with a shittier team. that can easily happen so there are ups and down to challenging for a team.

ph33nix said:
Viakado told me earlier that "me, smokey, and truelize all acknowledge bob as a vet and that you have to play him"

viakado is a fucking liar. this man is in charge of league personnel? wow.
stfu. you're just mad bob might have a small minute chance of stealing away you're heat.

viakado said:
happy birthday true.

i should have mentioned this earlier, but in the small possibility decisive games might go out of hand, im putting a limit on how many times you can challenge for a team.
if you currently have to play someone right now according to the list in the other thread, you would still have 1 challenge to give.

- if your a vet and lose a challenge, you must:
-either go back to your original team
or

- if you're a rookie, if you currently have a team, same rules apply. you are given one challenge, but to only another rookie. but if you wish to challenge another rookie and you lose that challenge, you lose you're original team, and you will be defaulted to a team by me or by vote of co-commishes.

stfu. you're just mad bob might have a small minute chance of stealing away you're heat.

Thanks for this. Perhaps it'd be helpful for you to throw a quick (V) by the vets on the list. I missed Season 8 so I'm not sure who's been around, but are new to me.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
wow @ the lulz and drama already ensuing. this ought to shape up into something special.

Happy B-day, True, ya anti-social-no-headset-wearin' jerk! :lol

I still remember playing you for the first time in Season 6, and sending you a chat invite. You jump on long enough to say hi, then bust out, "Yeah, I'm getting out of chat. It distracts me."

SERIOUS BUSINESS!!! :lol :lol

Can't wait to see how this all shakes out team-wise so that we can get this league going!

Smokey --- are we going to keep the conferences and divisions as they are in real life, as long as we maintain a full league of active teams?

Matrix said:

I swear this is the most drama I have seen before a GAF NBA league has even started
well, that's the idea.
competition breeds excelence, achievements, disasters, rivalry and of course drama.
an atmostphere of fair competition is healthy to any league.

here's my whole philosophy on picking teams before the start of a new leauge.
i think you should be granted a chance to fight for your team you desire. but of course there are limits (i.e., vets and rooks), but besides that i say fight for the team you want.
the whole notion of first come first serve didn't make sense. everyone has different schedules.
one person shouldn't be penalized with leftovers just because he may come home later than someone else.
i wanted to make the playing field (in terms of picking the team you want) as fair as possible.
breed a lil competiton and rivalry in the process.
there are plus and minus to the system i've implemented. so think critically before challenging a team. look at the thread i made (OP), look at the list. see if someone may potentially challenge you.

Shawnwhann said:
Thanks for this. Perhaps it'd be helpful for you to throw a quick (V) by the vets on the list. I missed Season 8 so I'm not sure who's been around, but are new to me.
in the other thread, i made a list of vets/rookies. players in red are vets.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375422

i will give an example on how decisive games system work. i'll be the example.
according to the list, i want the lakers first, magic 2nd. but i have to play chaotic, cb3 and shawn for the lakers. obviously, we'll have to have some kind of mini series and winner gets the lakers. the other 3 are bumped to their secondary team.
for myself, my secondary team is the magic. and the only other vet that has the magic on the list is chaotic, so i play him. if by sheer luck he beats me (lol at that), im now forced to pick a team not taken by a vet.

i hope that makes sense.

****REMINDER TO ALL ROOKIES****
you are not settled with the team you have now. obviously all vets are not settled with a team yet. if a vet loses a challenge, he can easily take a team you currently are holding.

charsace said:
viakado is a league exec!?! He's a shady behind the scenes scammer/victim.
i do believe this gif is more effective with the above quote.
xap2jl.gif

please, some vet challenge this lowlife. he currently owns the nuggets.

Thanks for that Kado.

Now that I've got a firm grasp on the system, I want to make my final alterations to my team preferences.

Lakers > Blazers > Clippers

Night!

So you're telling me if i lose the Heat then I can challenge for the lakers? (since oh, apparently no vet's team is safe)

lets do it!

Takuan

Guys, I'll be in Asia until November. Could someone kindly volunteer to play for me? I dunno if anyone's wild about playing as the Wolves or the Kings, though. :lol

I don't really mind forfeiting the games until I return home, either, since I'm a pretty casual player.

Well given that there is a week before the league starts I don't see any reason why guys can't challenge for what they want. If a rook doesn't want the bucks then let him challenge another rook for a team if there isn't a challenge there for it.

Its another way to seed out the reliable from the unreliable also. It may look like a whole storm of shit but you should be able to get one series or game over with against another player to get the team you want in a weeks time. In someways it'll be something like a preseason.

ph33nix said:
So you're telling me if i lose the Heat then I can challenge for the lakers? (since oh, apparently no vet's team is safe)

lets do it!
uh, i mentioned in the other thread a team can only be challenged once. i can talk to the other co-commishes to see their views on how many times should a team be challenged.
but at this point in time, its only 1. this system isn't meant for one team to be train wrecked over and over again til every player has challenged for said team, but to give an opportunity for player to fight for their favorite team.

plus you wouldn't beat me anyways.
(see what i did, quadruple headshot)

Takuan said:
Guys, I'll be in Asia until November. Could someone kindly volunteer to play for me? I dunno if anyone's wild about playing as the Wolves or the Kings, though. :lol

I don't really mind forfeiting the games until I return home, either, since I'm a pretty casual player.
find someone that might substitute for you while you're gone. or post your request in the other thread.

Dark FaZe said:
Well given that there is a week before the league starts I don't see any reason why guys can't challenge for what they want. If a rook doesn't want the bucks then let him challenge another rook for a team if there isn't a challenge there for it.

Its another way to seed out the reliable from the unreliable also. It may look like a whole storm of shit but you should be able to get one series or game over with against another player to get the team you want in a weeks time. In someways it'll be something like a preseason.
thats the intent, but with limitations in place to forbid abuse. and yes its something like preseason and good practice!

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
wow @ the lulz and drama already ensuing. this ought to shape up into something special.

Happy B-day, True, ya anti-social-no-headset-wearin' jerk! :lol

I still remember playing you for the first time in Season 6, and sending you a chat invite. You jump on long enough to say hi, then bust out, "Yeah, I'm getting out of chat. It distracts me."

SERIOUS BUSINESS!!! :lol :lol

Can't wait to see how this all shakes out team-wise so that we can get this league going!

Smokey --- are we going to keep the conferences and divisions as they are in real life, as long as we maintain a full league of active teams?

Haven't decided on conferences yet. I could leave it as default and have the same conferences/divisions in real life. HOWEVA..there is a lot of opportunity lost by taking the standard approach. Alot of rivalries have been built up over the past few seasons, so it's always fun to put those teams in the same division/conference.

Also about the team situation, I talked to kado about it and I think he has a good solution worked out. Like Faze said it may seem like shit now, but we have 3 weeks until the league starts. I'm sure we can get it sorted out by then.

AirBrian

Truelize said:

Happy Birthday, True!

I'm out for the first season, but hopefully we'll get some Bulls-Cavs action in the next season!

Matrix

I'm throwing a challenge down....

DM AND I FOR THE THUNDER!

Matrix

Laugh all you want, you know I can beat you in 2k unlike Madden. You don't have Captain Kirk on your side anymore.

Durant will be mine.

Matrix said:
I'm throwing a challenge down....

DM AND I FOR THE THUNDER!
you've been bumped to vet status. after another consideration, you've played enough seasons for you to qualify as a vet.
so therefore, you're challenge to DM for the rights to play the Thunder is official.

guantlet thrown!

Matrix

'you've been bumped to vet status. after another consideration, you've played enough seasons for you to qualify as a vet.
so therefore, you're challenge to DM for the rights to play the Thunder is official.

guantlet thrown!"

DMczaf said:

nba_a_jordan2_sw_400.jpg

- if your a vet and lose a challenge, you must:-either go back to your original team
or
-pick a team that hasn't been taken by a vet.[/QUOTE]

lol adios CB!

your 1 challenge is for the lakers. after you lose, you can pick a team that hasn't been taken by a vet. sorry brohem

viakado said:

- if your a vet and lose a challenge, you must:-either go back to your original team
or

lol adios CB!

your 1 challenge is for the lakers. after you lose, you can pick a team that hasn't been taken by a vet. sorry brohem

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol adios CB!

fail. read highlighted part. he can still use his one challenge against you. it doesn't count against the lakers.

edit:
each player has one challenge to give. a team can only be challenged once.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
suck it down motherfucker. If i lose the lakers you might as well start practicing with McGirk

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
and his "challenge" is to shawn, the rightful owner of the lakers and the #1 true lakers fan on this board.

you lose CB!

My challenge isnt to the lakers because i think everyone on that list has used them before. Im there to start with. As well as vidako and Shawn and Chaotic.

If i lose that my one challenge is to you. which is all ill need.

This isnt madden friend! you cant just go around like a tyrant making rules as you go and kicking people out on a whim!

CB3 said:
My challenge isnt to the lakers because i think everyone on that list has used them before. Im there to start with. As well as vidako and Shawn and Chaotic.

If i lose that my one challenge is to you. which is all ill need.

This isnt madden friend! you cant just go around like a tyrant making rules as you go and kicking people out on a whim!

i hope you lose to the lakers so i can kick your fucking ass in when you challenge me for the bulls!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i hope you lose to the lakers so i can kick your fucking ass in when you challenge me for the bulls!

336.gif

Top Bottom