• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

Just a quick reminder on the eve of the street date, declaration of a team(s) deadline is no past than 12:01AM PST tuesday morning. That means you can't change your declared team(s) after that time.
Some gaffers have the game already and i dont want people changing their minds about teams in a middle of a series. So im locking declared teams at the appointed time.

another heads up.
as for all decisive/challenged games. its first come first serve.

example:
Because of the 1 team can only be challenged rule.
in the event if there are 3 players challenging for the same team, first two available to get the series started gets dibs and by posting the winner here. the 3rd player is left out to challenge another team (assuming he still has his 1 challenge to give). if not. then he is defaulted to a team not taken yet.
basically i want to promote getting their preliminaries done asap. First come first serve.
you snooze, you lose.
im not responsible for you to get your series started. PM, aim, or whatever to connect with your challenger.

edit: in the other thread i created, the list of players/teams will be updated on the fly, so please refer to that list if you have to play someone else.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17781803&postcount=1

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
Just a quick reminder on the eve of the street date, declaration of a team(s) deadline is no past than 12:01AM tuesday morning.
You going Eastern, Central, or Pacific TZ on that? Either way, you mean no more than 14.5 hours from now, right?

Also, please check your PMs, Smokey and Viakado.

anachronous_one said:
You going Eastern, Central, or Pacific TZ on that? Either way, you mean no more than 14.5 hours from now, right?

Also, please check your PMs, Smokey and Viakado.
sorry, its PST.
yes correct, in about 14.5 hours

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
kgpsyched.gif

:D :D :D

the greatest sports gif ever. this is my face whenever i get ready to enter battle.

Smokey said:
hmm..dark faze has made numerous posts saying he wants the crown. maybe i should put him in my division (along with cloudy) and viakado.

maybbbbbbe

We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

anachronous_one said:
Alright, Dark Faze . . . when are you going to have the game? I've been sleeping with my KG Topps Rookie card under my pillow for the last three nights, looking for all the karma I can get. Meanwhile, you're standing between me and my guys, KG and Sheed, and you lament taking them!

4zxfmh.gif

:lol

The man sleeps with the very image of tyranny and douchebaggery and thinks he'll be awarded something for it.

You might as well go ahead and get ready for your challenge with the Mavs. I saw how much of a coward you were when you would rather take Cubans bitches than chance a match against me for the shit stained but sharp weapon that are the Boston Celtics.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Dark FaZe said:
The man sleeps with the very image of tyranny and douchebaggery and thinks he'll be awarded something for it.
Hey, my wife's an attorney, but let's not go and call her --- oh, you mean the KG card. Yeah, I knew that. :lol

You might as well go ahead and get ready for your challenge with the Mavs. I saw how much of a coward you were when you would rather take Cubans bitches than chance a match against me for the shit stained but sharp weapon that are the Boston Celtics.
Cannot. Wait. :lol

So do you already have the game, FaZe?

Got the game at midnight and planned to play some games but my girl called me and that was that. Just got a chance to play for maybe 45 minutes at 5 something this morning :\

I will say this off of the one online game I played and the one teamup match I played:

Thank god Walmart has returns no questions asked with receipt!!!

CB3 said:
Gamefly: we've shipped NBA2K10

Smartest man in this thread.

Its not viva la revolucion or even 2k TRADITION this year...it's a no b-ball game future!!!

I'll probably feel better when I nice run through tomorrow but what I played was awful. Lag, exploits, and etc. Basically 2k9 with a new GUI, and roster updates. Actually scratch the roster updates because I was playing a quickmatch with the Grizz and A.I wasn't there :\.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I'm keeping the game, but some problems I've noticed:

• Playing an online game, there were times for both my opponent and I, where the inbounding team had to call timeout because the "A" button would not result in a pass!
  • You cannot change your default camera and save it to your profile. You must ALWAYS change your camera once in-game.
  • From the Main Menu, under Options>My NBA>Coach Settings you can adjust Coaching Mode On/Off, Substitutions/Timeouts/Off and Def Playcalling Auto/Manual. However, whether you use auto-save or manually save you settings file and/or your profile file, your changes WILL NOT be saved when you go to a Quick Game, NBA Today game, or online game.
    EDIT: WTF, I've deleted every file, turned off autosave, verified my modified Coach Settings and Gameplay Settings, then created a new Settings File as well as a new User Profile file. After both new files are verified saved, I go back to the Xbox dash, and then relaunch the game. The game starts up, says that it's loading both the Settings and the User Profile, but when I check Game Settings and Coach Settings, the Game Settings are correct (HoF/7 minutes), while Coach Settings are back to default. Either Coach Settings are saved to a different file than what I'm experimenting with, or this is just flat out broken. Dammit, I *hated* having to stinking pause at the beginning of every game in 2K9 to get my settings just right.
  • At the end of an online game, Gametrack and stats are available, but none of the other features available in an offline potgame are there. Signature Moments and Pressbook, for example, are both MIA from the online game post game feature set.
  • Playing online, there was a one minute stretch, starting with the back end of a pair of free throws, where the entire game ran like it was underwater --- slow, floaty, and laggy. Finally, after an offensive possession for each of us, I called a timeout, desperate to try anything to fix the issue. Fortunately, after the timeout, the game resumed its normal speed and stayed that way for the rest of the game.
  • While the fast break defense is "improved" from last year, that is not to say that it's good. Now, rather than running into the restricted area and parking himself there, the first defender back runs down to just above the restricted area and still lacks the ability to commit to the ball handler in a timely manner.
  • Still seeing a few instances where bodies and ball "phase" or "warp" right through one another. At one point, I saw a ball get handed from one team mate to another, passing directly through a defender's torso on the way.

Positives:
  • I was able to kill the obnoxious defensive rotation by using the coaching quick menu in-game (where you can also adjust tempo and other options) and turning the defensive help slider all the way down.
  • Jumpers feel much more natural to me than in previous iterations.
  • Putting a hand up and contesting shots without jumping is great, if a bit inconsistent.
  • Getting into an unranked match with a friend was very quick and painless, unlike last year at launch.
  • Where appropriate, depending on player and offense, off ball movement is really nice.
Basically, if you were there at the launch of 2K9, you should already have a good idea of what this feels like, quality-wise. It feels like there's a solid game there again, but there are plenty of bugs that need squashing, and this is clearly not a finished retail product at this time.

"You knew what this was about." :lol

Despite these issues, and I'm sure there are more, I'm in for the league and I'm holding out hope or a quick (crossing fingers for launch day) patch to fix a majority of these issues. There's no way they didn't know about most of these.

Mrbob

I won't have it until the weekend hopefully! Amazon is prepping my game for shipment, which means it should go out today.

Also, does 2K only have around 4 people working on each year iterations? They made a decent base game, but it has hardly evolved from the xbox days. I can't understand why some of these same online issues still plague the game to this day.

Mrbob said:
I won't have it until the weekend hopefully! Amazon is prepping my game for shipment, which means it should go out today.

Also, does 2K only have around 4 people working on each year iterations? They made a decent base game, but it has hardly evolved from the xbox days. I can't understand why some of these same online issues still plague the game to this day.

I smell blood?

Mrbob

Take your head start and get your practice time in! You lose your Heat to me you are officially shamed forever!

I have nothing to lose.....you have everything to lose! :D

Mrbob said:
Take your head start and get your practice time in! You lose your Heat to me you are officially shamed forever!

I have nothing to lose.....you have everything to lose! :D

practice? i don't need practice. i'd kick your ass in my sleep

Mrbob

My game shipped this morning, so I should have it tomorrow or Thursday. I love having an amazon distribution center only two states away, makes free super saver shipping one or two days to get my games!

ecnal

is 2K serious with the 3 minute game boot up still?

why does it have to check leagues, crews, game content, etc for 3 minutes before it fucking boots to the game????

STOP THIS SHIT 2K.

FOR ALL DECISIVE GAMES..

i dont care what teams you are using, but there is one rule to abide by.
50 Points in the paint is the maximum allowed if you score less than 100.
If it goes to OT, the max is 60.
if another OT, its 70.
plus, 9mins quarters

if a player goes over the threshold. thats automatic loss.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
ph33nix said:
can you?

I bet 2k's down!
Actually, last night it was broken as hell
(lawl, at least four reboots for the 360 server by my count)
, but this morning with over 2,300 people online, it was running fine.

Now if lag would be addressed and, oh I don't know ... maybe we could actually SAVE COACH SETTINGS, we could call this a step in the right direction.

I'm done with ranked matches!!!

After losing a couple yesterday due to cheesers rushing the paint with LBJ and me not even being able to contest due to a BULLSHIT FUCKING FRAME RATE I end up getting a warm up in this morning with Nugz vs Mavs. Was a GREAT game without cheese or anything and he's winning by 1 in the last 10 seconds of the game with all my guys tired but Big Shot. I was on the phone earlier though for a bit and I didnt notice my time allowed was really low. I pass the ball into big shot who hits an utterly vicious 3 pointer to take the lead.

I immediately go into player matchups via coaching to get a double on dirk b/c I know he was going to him and that shit times out offering him a free fucking win. I was trying to back out real quick when I saw the time was low but it was too late.

The fucker hovers on quit and continue like 20 times to taunt me then takes the win.

140hymc.gif

Dark FaZe said:

After losing a couple yesterday due to cheesers rushing the paint with LBJ and me not even being able to contest due to a BULLSHIT FUCKING FRAME RATE I end up getting a warm up in this morning with Nugz vs Mavs. Was a GREAT game without cheese or anything and he's winning by 1 in the last 10 seconds of the game with all my guys tired but Big Shot. I was on the phone earlier though for a bit and I didnt notice my time allowed was really low. I pass the ball into big shot who hits an utterly vicious 3 pointer to take the lead.

I immediately go into player matchups via coaching to get a double on dirk b/c I know he was going to him and that shit times out offering him a free fucking win. I was trying to back out real quick when I saw the time was low but it was too late.

The fucker hovers on quit and continue like 20 times to taunt me then takes the win.

140hymc.gif

there's this game called nba live

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
there's this game called nba live
dont be mad cause i beat you again...i own you, say it...DCX is my owner and operator, i don't stand a chance against him, praise DCX.

:D

DCX

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Dark FaZe said:

140hymc.gif

Sorry what? You were winning and he takes the win by calling a time out?

Cloudy

Banned
Sorry for not responding to some invites last night but I won't have the game till later today. I was just finishing my draft combine games :p

if you haven't already, create an account on 2ksports.com.
you'll be able to see league stats, player stats, crew stats, standings, etc.
plus you'll be able to to send and accept/deny trades.

To link your new account to your gamertag, click on your "Edit my account", then click on "link account", and provide your sign-in info.

Top Bottom