• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

aznpxdd

CB3 said:
My challenge isnt to the lakers because i think everyone on that list has used them before. Im there to start with. As well as vidako and Shawn and Chaotic.

If i lose that my one challenge is to you. which is all ill need.

This isnt madden friend! you cant just go around like a tyrant making rules as you go and kicking people out on a whim!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i hope you lose to the lakers so i can kick your fucking ass in when you challenge me for the bulls!

2ith53c.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Please. In basketball your like pheeniks and I'm like whoever pheeniks plays in the first round. Its just a non issue

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This is really going to be an exciting first season.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Birthday was a good day and tonight we had some friends over and had a great time playing some games (non video) and just hanging out.

Airbrain: Yes I look forward to our intense games. They have all been heartbreakers man. Epic.

Ouch! That chick goes down hard in that video.

charsace

Now that I got my xbox back I can play the demo some more. It feels like 2k9, but wrong some how. They changed foot planting, but now the sliding is more apparent. Animations were better in 2k9 because they have weird stuttering to them now. L trigger ball handling is just terrible.

charsace said:
Now that I got my xbox back I can play the demo some more. It feels like 2k9, but wrong some how. They changed foot planting, but now the sliding is more apparent. Animations were better in 2k9 because they have weird stuttering to them now. L trigger ball handling is just terrible.

I don't know why you're upset. You can still pull your patented spin move with the PG pretty easily

Despite all of the BS that 2k still provides the one saving grace is the game's speed. Although it kinda feels like I'm chopping lumber it sure as hell beats giving offensive players a speed/animation advantage, I can actually stay in front of my guy now cause you bitches can't abuse isomotion no more!

when the fuck can I get my hands on live :(

charsace

ph33nix said:
I don't know why you're upset. You can still pull your patented spin move with the PG pretty easily

Despite all of the BS that 2k still provides the one saving grace is the game's speed. Although it kinda feels like I'm chopping lumber it sure as hell beats giving offensive players a speed/animation advantage, I can actually stay in front of my guy now cause you bitches can't abuse isomotion no more!

You can't abuse iso motion? That isn't what I've seen in the draft combine and demo. Its easier to get past people now because the dice role on the "dodge the steal" animation sends people flying past you. There was a play in the demo where I threw the ball to VC on the wing and sent two guys flying out of bounds while on my way to dunk on Bynum.
The post game is still over powering. The only thing that slowed me down is that they have added more auto animation. If you barely touch the stick to try and do a pump fake you get sucked into a ridiculous Jordan-style fall away jumper. It seems like the shot stick get more worthless with every new 2k release.

On defense I can't get the dice roll on the hands in the face to work.

ecnal

ph33nix said:

i would say general iso motion abuse is down considering that the L-tap move is gone and you can't spam turbo all game anymore.

however, i would say the basic iso motion moves have become more powerful. i mean the same fucking dumb R-triger tap with kobe still puts the defender into that weird animation (anyone with a 90+ handle can do this). and there are a handful of other moves that now warp you to the side of a defender almost instantly.

and i really really really really really hope the help-d is SIGNIFICANTLY better in retail or is patched. there is a 'sweet spot' on the court where you can just dribble to (on offense obviously) and the entire defense will collapse the same way every time--leaving the same person open for an incontestable 3 or long mid range shot.

The time for words is over.

For or Against.

If there is anything that is clear it's that history repeats itself and always in subtle ways. Years ago Live dominated the living room until a certain company formed and erased tyranny from the corners of the earth with the creation of NBA 2k. Unfortunately as is all too often in peace time those who sought to protect us have grown complacent and have turned into the very things they sought to destroy.

Neither game is perfect this year so I will embrace my final seasons in NBA 2k by winning every crown here on GAF and then moving my dominance over what will surely be the best basketball game ever made in NBA LIVE 11 produced by EA Sports.

I know that treason is not for the squeamish so I suggest everyone prepare this entire year for the transition to Live 11 next year. We cannot be cowardly my friends. The seeds of the rebellion have been sown and we'll all require true bravery to stab an old dear friend in the back. Wang will wield the dagger first such as Brutus did with Caesar and we will all follow suit!

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
HEY...I've had enough drama this week to last me through the rest of the year! >_<

"I don't want a war, I just want peace...say you'll stooooop the waaaar"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Vaz9jW054

I just realized...you were the last person who beat me in a GAF 2k championship game (was last season in 2k8 i think). It's ok though I'm still leading our champ series 2-1. But what this really means is it's war. It's time for my revenge, and you will NOT like it.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Made a Pheeknicks icon for help during meltdowns, etc

pheeknicks_emote.png
It can be used for good or evil! :lol
pheeknicks_emote.png

Cloudy

Banned
Umm, I'd like to switch up and get the Mavs if they are available. No reason to take Bobcats if there are better teams open :p

Cloudy said:
Umm, I'd like to switch up and get the Mavs if they are available. No reason to take Bobcats if there are better teams open :p
updated. you face WITNESS2k9 for the mavs.

Raging Spaniard said:
Made a Pheeknicks icon for help during meltdowns, etc

pheeknicks_emote.png
It can be used for good or evil! :lol
pheeknicks_emote.png
all sorts of win:lol

Cloudy

Banned
viakado said:
updated. you face WITNESS2k9 for the mavs.

Not that there's THAT much difference btw the teams. I might even decide to go with the Bobcats cos they have better depth at PG. But I wanna have a chance to test teams and compete for the best possible :D

Cloudy said:
Not that there's THAT much difference btw the teams. I might even decide to go with the Bobcats cos they have better depth at PG. But I wanna have a chance to test teams and compete for the best possible :D

not that much difference between dallas and charlotte?

wat

Cloudy

Banned
ph33nix said:
not that much difference between dallas and charlotte?

wat

Talent-wise, not really IMO. If Gerald Wallace didn't get hurt last year, Charlotte would have made the playoffs. Unlike Dallas, they actually beat the Lakers last year (both games!)

I dunno about videogame rankings but IRL, the Mavs aren't much better..

ps: How do you have the game already? How are both teams ranked?

CB3

Cloudy said:

You just tossed yourself into smokeys division. nice job

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
viak just keep my 2nd team as the warriors.

goodbye mcgirk my sweet prince :(

o_DIRK_NOWITZKI_ROOKIE.JPG

md_42978126_Dirk_Nowitzki.jpg
And good riddance. Dirk was fucking retarded in 2k9. He scored from everywhere and could dunk on multiple people. I saw this firsthand. :mad:

ecnal

Smokey said:
hmm..dark faze has made numerous posts saying he wants the crown. maybe i should put him in my division (along with cloudy) and viakado.

yes, i will put them in my division

FIXT

160d26d.gif

Smokey said:
hmm..dark faze has made numerous posts saying he wants the crown. maybe i should put him in my division (along with cloudy) and viakado.

maybbbbbbe
[16:45] viakado: when are you getting the game?
[16:45] dboythagr8: tuesday
[16:46] viakado: when are you getting odst?
[16:46] viakado: lol
[16:48] dboythagr8: stfu
[16:50] viakado: put me in the opposite conference and i'll create a "buy odst for smokey foundation"

Smokey

viakado said:
[16:45] viakado: when are you getting the game?
[16:45] dboythagr8: tuesday
[16:46] viakado: when are you getting odst?
[16:46] viakado: lol
[16:48] dboythagr8: stfu
[16:50] viakado: put me in the opposite conference and i'll create a "buy odst for smokey foundation"

keep talking.

you just don't want to be in my conference so you can actually get past the 2nd round, since I put a stop on every attempt you made in 2k9.

keep it up madenko!

Smokey

dboythagr8 (8:33:24 PM): heres ur problem
dboythagr8 (8:33:32 PM): u have the will to win
dboythagr8 (8:33:37 PM): but u dont have the heart
viakado (8:33:43 PM): nope
viakado (8:33:45 PM): agreed
viakado (8:34:02 PM): i like the competition yes, but not the dedication to win
dboythagr8 (8:34:10 PM): dont come here with that pansy talk
dboythagr8 (8:34:13 PM): get some nuts
viakado (8:34:18 PM): heatbench
viakado (8:34:33 PM): i didn't bother with set plays, nor did i make any coaching sliders
viakado (8:34:45 PM): do i like competiting?
viakado (8:34:47 PM): yes.
viakado (8:34:53 PM): do i have the dedication to win it all?
viakado (8:34:59 PM): im guilty of that, its no
dboythagr8 (8:35:38 PM): wat is wrong w/ u
dboythagr8 (8:35:41 PM): r u not a man?
viakado (8:35:49 PM): im ok with losing
viakado (8:35:54 PM): part of life

viakado has been exposed!
5-30 season ix record confirmed.

Mrbob

dboythagr8 (8:33:24 PM): heres ur problem
dboythagr8 (8:33:32 PM): u have the will to win
dboythagr8 (8:33:37 PM): but u dont have the heart
viakado (8:33:43 PM): nope
viakado (8:33:45 PM): agreed
viakado (8:34:02 PM): i like the competition yes, but not the dedication to win
dboythagr8 (8:34:10 PM): dont come here with that pansy talk
dboythagr8 (8:34:13 PM): get some nuts
viakado (8:34:18 PM): heatbench
viakado (8:34:33 PM): i didn't bother with set plays, nor did i make any coaching sliders
viakado (8:34:45 PM): do i like competiting?
viakado (8:34:47 PM): yes.
viakado (8:34:53 PM): do i have the dedication to win it all?
viakado (8:34:59 PM): im guilty of that, its no
dboythagr8 (8:35:38 PM): wat is wrong w/ u
dboythagr8 (8:35:41 PM): r u not a man?
viakado (8:35:49 PM): im ok with losing
viakado (8:35:54 PM): part of life

shawnhann said:
Respect +100 Viakado, winning is so 2000andLate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAU0l7325w0

(pheeniks playing nhl10 online)
[21:00] pheenikz: i scored on a hockey backdoor cut
[21:08] viakado: too bad you can't backdoor into the 2nd round
[21:08] pheeniks: fuck you
[21:08] pheenikz: im goign to kill you if we meet in the playoffs
[21:08] viakado: lol

man down!:lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
viakado said:

Pheenicks now:
pheeknicks_yapping.gif

Pheenicks after losing in the first round due to 20 missed dunks:
pheeknicks_fullrange.gif

CB3

viakado said:

god damn you ethered pheeniks

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Alright, Dark Faze . . . when are you going to have the game? I've been sleeping with my KG Topps Rookie card under my pillow for the last three nights, looking for all the karma I can get. Meanwhile, you're standing between me and my guys, KG and Sheed, and you lament taking them!

Dark FaZe said:

Let's get this thing done. I want to roll with my guys and you're in my way. I'll be ready first thing in the morning --- LET'S DO THIS!

kgpsyched.gif

:D :D :D

Gamertag: Anachronous One
(When sending a friend request for the league, please mention the GAF 2K league, viakado's legendary GM skills, or that Dark Faze doesn't deserve the C's ... SOMETHING so I know who you guys are!) :lol

Top Bottom