• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

sorry i missed your AIM earlier birdman, i need to stop leaving my aim on when i am away.

post in here whenever is good meetup for today if you can go..im around all day.

Shurs

So once the league starts will player ratings be locked in, or will they rise based on play in the real NBA? In other words, when Beasley starts beasting, in real life, will his ratings rise in our league?

DCX

DCX
Shurs said:
So once the league starts will player ratings be locked in, or will they rise based on play in the real NBA? In other words, when Beasley starts beasting, in real life, will his ratings rise in our league?
No.

DCX

Mrbob

Ecnal I could squeak a game in now if you want. Or relatively soon, have a little time free right now. Probably can't play later tonight.

Smokey

Shurs said:

they'll be locked in.

one reason why waiting for the roster update this week that comes with the start of the season.

Shurs

21jrvvo.jpg

Shurs

Smokey said:
you are going to regret this during league play lol

Have you seen my centers?

Did you see who I gave up? They weren't going to play anyway.

I'm just trying to have fun, man.

I suck at this game.

My team is no good.

I might as well make it interesting for myself.

Smokey

Shurs said:
Have you seen my centers?

Did you see who I gave up? They weren't going to play anyway.

I'm just trying to have fun, man.

I suck at this game.

My team is no good.

I might as well make it interesting for myself.

im just givin ya a hard time

Shurs

Smokey said:
im just givin ya a hard time

I know.

You wouldn't believe how much wheelin' and dealin' I was trying to do today. I almost landed a "big gun" but it fell through.

This goes out to everyone:
2zs5vtw.jpg

I'm pretty excited to get started.

ecnal

i'll give you dwight for everyone on your team minus darko.

edit: seriously tho, i am kinda interested in a player on your team, i'll pm you.

bob: if you can't get any games in tonight, we basically have to bang out the majority of the series tomorrow. i'm going to be extremely busy tues/wed, but i'll likely be able to get a game in either of those days.

Birdman02

Smokey said:
sorry i missed your AIM earlier birdman, i need to stop leaving my aim on when i am away.

post in here whenever is good meetup for today if you can go..im around all day.

I'm playing my madden game at 9 cst tonight. You wanna try to knock out a game or two after it's done?

Shurs

The Timberwolves have reached a trade, in principle, with the Clippers:

welcome-back-kotter-cast2.jpg

Minnesota receives:

Randy Foye
randy-foye-draft-portrait.jpg

The Clippers receive:

Corey Brewer
corey-brewer-dunks-on-derek-fisher2.jpg

I'll miss Brewer.

It's Homecoming 2010, and I'm not done bringing back some of the best players in T-Wolves history.

I'm looking at you, Gerald Green.

Edit: This trade has been amended to a simple one for one swap of Brewer for Foye.

Telfair and Gomes no longer part of the deal.

Birdman02

Smokey, I'm gonna be about an hour later than I thought. My wife is really into some movie on TV right now, so I can't play Somnia until 10 cst.

Smokey

Launching league this week. The roster update is supposed to go live sometime during the week to go along with opening week of the NBA. Soon as they put it out I'll create league and send out invites.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Anyone else see/get the latest ESPN the Mag issue with all of the comic book cover representations for each team? Quality of the art/concept for each ranges from great to terrible. I'm not sure if I can (or want to) post all of them, but I thought I'd post one for the commish:

WeaponYao.jpg

Apologies for the crappy-quality iPhone 3G snapshot.

Let's get the league rollin'! Bibby and Horford are being shopped, and Crawford could be gotten for the right deal. You'll likely have to "overpay" to get JJ or JSmoove, as they are nearly untouchable.

daw, if you are open to that proposed trade I offered a week or so ago, hit me back.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Just saw this on the 2K Forums:

Ronnie said:
Hey guys,
As many of you that booted up your PS3 this morning discovered, there is a new patch for NBA 2K11. This patch is to help address a couple online stability issues exclusively and does not touch anything else. We wanted to get this out there as soon as we could to see if we could knock them out so this patch was submitted much earlier in the process than usual and greenlit for immediate release (explaining why it's not available for 360 yet).

There will be the normal "kitchen sink" patch that will deal with much of your contributed feedback to Gameplay, My Player, etc. in the usual late November / early December timeline for the 360/PS3/PC. Let me repeat that nothing was changed in the patch that went up today that you will outwardly notice except maybe improvement to overall matchmaking. Do me a favor and keep me posted on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Ronnie2K) how online is the next few days!

The 360 patch will hit in the coming days. I will try to get a better timeline. Thanks!

Ronnie
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273921

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Anyone else see/get the latest ESPN the Mag issue with all of the comic book cover representations for each team? Quality of the art/concept for each ranges from great to terrible. I'm not sure if I can (or want to) post all of them, but I thought I'd post one for the commish:

WeaponYao.jpg

Apologies for the crappy-quality iPhone 3G snapshot.

Let's get the league rollin'! Bibby and Horford are being shopped, and Crawford could be gotten for the right deal. You'll likely have to "overpay" to get JJ or JSmoove, as they are nearly untouchable.

daw, if you are open to that proposed trade I offered a week or so ago, hit me back.

HOT

and the league is going to get rolling.. I'm just waiting on the roster update that hopefully comes this week. If it doesn't then :(, but regardless I will create it this week.

ecnal

i imagine the roster update would go up tomorrow... how else would their NBA Today shit work if they're missing a bunch of rookies and, according to ronnie, a bunch of players are rated incorrectly?

although, this is 2K we're talking about here :lol

Mrbob

Ecnal I'm very under the weather right now.. I'll be going to bed as soon as I get home tonight. Sorry. Maybe we can get them in tomorrow and Wed.

ecnal

okay. i dunno how many games im gonna be able to play tomorrow and wed... probably 2/3 games between both days.

Shurs

In online franchise, is it possible to edit your players' primary and secondary positions, or is player editing completely locked out?

I ask because I'm going to have a lot of guys playing out of their "natural" positions, and if I use auto-subs, it could really confuse things.

For example, I plan to start Beasley at the 3, even though he's listed as a 4. Either Wes Johnson or Martell Webster will be my starting 2 even though they're both listed as 3's.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think the only thing you can do online with rotations is mess with the minutes each player gets.

Or you could use manual subs like the cool people

Smokey

Shurs said:
In online franchise, is it possible to edit your players' primary and secondary positions, or is player editing completely locked out?

I ask because I'm going to have a lot of guys playing out of their "natural" positions, and if I use auto-subs, it could really confuse things.

For example, I plan to start Beasley at the 3, even though he's listed as a 4. Either Wes Johnson or Martell Webster will be my starting 2 even though they're both listed as 3's.

You can change your rotations. I believe it's called situational under substitutions or something like that. If you want Beasley to be in the starting lineup you can insert him into your starting group or make whatever changes you like. Then you can cycle through the various other groups (Bench, Tall, Quick, 3pt, FT) and move people around how you'd like. Once you're finished press start to save changes and you don't have to worry about it.

If you still wanted to use auto subs then you'd need to go into the rotations screen and adjust the players minutes to whatever you wanted. Press start when finished and it should save.

Shurs

Smokey said:
You can change your rotations. I believe it's called situational under substitutions or something like that. If you want Beasley to be in the starting lineup you can insert him into your starting group or make whatever changes you like. Then you can cycle through the various other groups (Bench, Tall, Quick, 3pt, FT) and move people around how you'd like. Once you're finished press start to save changes and you don't have to worry about it.

If you still wanted to use auto subs then you'd need to go into the rotations screen and adjust the players minutes to whatever you wanted. Press start when finished and it should save.

I know all about the rotations and shit.

It just makes it easier for me (and this is how I do it in the Association) to straight up change the players' primary and secondary positions to what I want them to be. I'd change Beasley from a 4 to a 3 and Webster from a 3 to a 2.

Not a big deal if that can't be changed, though it would have been nice.

I think I'll go with manual subs.

Smokey

Shurs said:
Not a big deal if that can't be changed, though it would have been nice.

I think I'll go with manual subs.

Yeah I don't think that can be done online.

Just do what you said...be a MAN and use manual subs!

Birdman02

Smokey, I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to play at 5 cst today. I've got a sick wife and kid at home, so I have to take care of them. If I can get them to bed early, then we might be able to get a game in before the Rockets game. If not, I can probably play one after the game.

I'll hit you up on AIM if something changes.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Smokey, I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to play at 5 cst today. I've got a sick wife and kid at home, so I have to take care of them. If I can get them to bed early, then we might be able to get a game in before the Rockets game. If not, I can probably play one after the game.

I'll hit you up on AIM if something changes.

ok cool, just let me know whatsup

Top Bottom