• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
I'm just letting you guys know that LeBron's not on the block. Especially for Chris Kaman and Randy Foye.
Curry, Gallo, Douglas+ second round pick in Madden and a five star recruit in NCAA.

DCX

ecnal

gg's cb, we can finish tomorrow night if you're around.

rashard is unstoppable versus traditional 4/5's in this game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I noticed

When Dwight hit that almost 3 point spot up buzzer beater i figured it was pretty much a wrap this series

ecnal

CB3 said:
I noticed

When Dwight hit that almost 3 point spot up buzzer beater i figured it was pretty much a wrap this series

when i took the shot i was saying "damnit i thought that was.... OH SHIT" :lol

Smokey

WITNESS2K9 said:
first ever win vs Smokey...good game, finally stopped you from shooting all them threes like you did in game 1 :lol

good win for you. saw some key things in game 2 that stood out to me. Adjustments will be coming for game 3:D

Smokey

Cloudy said:
When do we start the league again?

Supposed to be today, but maybe next week now. Still trying to figure out sliders and want to finish the tourney first (we're in 2nd round). Also since next week is start of NBA season, there may be a patch that hits.

viakado said:
seattle6418 said:
I just realized, after seeing some other box scores, that some games are being played on 9 minute quarters, instead of 10.

What could be causing that?

I thought the league settings were saved and we didn´t need to change it... so apparently we have to set options before each challenge? I´m a little confused.
holy shit you're right.:lol
some games are 9mins.
some are 10mins.
another bug. fuck you 2k.
1zvtsty.jpg
:lol

ecnal

you know, i noticed some crazy shit last night playing a couple quick games versus the CPU.

it may not actually be the quarter length changing, but an error with time tracking. at around ~1:50 left in a quarter, the shot clock would turn off and the time stopped for roughly a minute.

aka the game clock stuck @ 1:50 and the shotclock was not counting down, all the while i was still playing the CPU. the time eventually began to run down again but the shot clock remained off for the last ~1:50 of the quarter.

happened in both of my games offline yesterday... maybe it's happening online now too?

charsace

Smokey said:
Supposed to be today, but maybe next week now. Still trying to figure out sliders and want to finish the tourney first (we're in 2nd round). Also since next week is start of NBA season, there may be a patch that hits.
Thank god because I don't have gold yet. Anyone see a good deal for gold can just holla at me.

ecnal said:
:lol

kmart strikes again

solid defense...then he shoots from the hip, and somehow my player can't contest shot...he literally converted every "and one" shot..somehow i missed that Kmart was that good of a player:lol

ecnal

his set-shot release (the weird from the hip shot) is basically impossible to contest online.

i traded for him in 2K10 and shot over 50% from inside and behind the arc with him.

he used to have a 99 tendency to draw fouls too, so i assume it's probably still pretty high in 2K11.

he is easily one of the most underrated offensive players in the game. he has superstar offensive tendencies (take shot, draw fouls, isos, catch and shoot, etc) with a money release.

ecnal said:
his set-shot release (the weird from the hip shot) is basically impossible to contest online.

i traded for him in 2K10 and shot over 50% from inside and behind the arc with him.

he used to have a 99 tendency to draw fouls too, so i assume it's probably still pretty high in 2K11.

he is easily one of the most underrated offensive players in the game. he has superstar offensive tendencies (take shot, draw fouls, isos, catch and shoot, etc) with a money release.

what do you guys use for Defensive assist strength in the the controller settings, because mine is at 0, so that means i truly have to guard the player one-on-one.....does any body else use these settings?

ecnal

zero.

the help d will just slide you around the court and put you into horrible animations.

it's pretty easy to lock people down this year.

check your PMs heylow

ecnal said:
zero.

the help d will just slide you around the court and put you into horrible animations.

it's pretty easy to lock people down this year.

check your PMs heylow

well zero sometimes causes the opposition to blow right past you with simple crossovers...im not bad at defense, just a lot of times, you can do whatever you want , but they will still shoot over you:lol

DCX

DCX
WITNESS2K9 said:
well zero sometimes causes the opposition to blow right past you with simple crossovers...im not bad at defense, just a lot of times, you can do whatever you want , but they will still shoot over you:lol
Want do you want for Rasual Butler?

DCX

ecnal

WITNESS2K9 said:

i dunno, use the LT + right stick to cut them off. that's probably one of the best deffensive moves this year. it either cuts them off and they lose their dribble or they go in to a contact animation where the defender has a super high steal success rate.

it's extremely difficult to just waltz past someone, even online. the only times i've been destroyed through isomotion moves are when (1) there's a delay related to latency or (2) the ball-handler has significantly better offensive stats than the defender (aka kobe demolishing jj redick).

also too, this year, holding LT while on D drains your turbo bar. maybe you're holding that the entire time?

Mrbob

Nightz I should be able to play a game or two tonight...get home around 9 cst. I should be free around the same time tomorrow night as well.

Nightz

Mrbob said:
Nightz I should be able to play a game or two tonight...get home around 9 cst. I should be free around the same time tomorrow night as well.
Ok, I should be getting home around the same time or 7:30 PST at the latest.

can't we just start the league now so we don't spend that time period waiting for people to sign in? set the sliders later when you're actually gonna start shit

ecnal

ph33nix said:
can't we just start the league now so we don't spend that time period waiting for people to sign in? set the sliders later when you're actually gonna start shit

roster update next week though :/

pretty sure there are still a number of missing rookies.

Top Bottom