• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ph33nix said:
gg dy. sorry it was kinda laggy, i messed with my router because my ipod touch wasn't connecting and i forgot to set it back what it was before so that might be it

anyways, i didn't know that isiah thomas played for the bobcats

i also didn't know you could have 5 players and a coach on defense
gg, Isiah Thomas can't even be mad

Matt Carroll 0-8

I'd like to think that I play good defense if nothing else, but wtf Lebron

DY_nasty

Birdman02 said:
Dude, you are way off base here. I wasn't doing any of that dual player control BS. You were guarding me all game. Roddy B was getting buckets like that because he play waaay better than his overall rating. I was running set plays all game long to get him and Jet running off screens. I can give you the play names if you like...they reverse course on a few them and run off multiple screens. It's all in the play art!
Maybe I'm trippin

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
nbasep2-1204.ART_GGJVAK8G.1+76ers-Iverson-Basketball.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

"all i want to do is play basketball man"

Vestal

My bad then.. I guess I miss read the rules.. i would have put up a zone lol.. CP3 was killing me.

Dont know what got into jackson cause usually he cant make a shot for me.

Smokey

Vestal said:
Livewire when we playing? ill be on Wed morning after 10am till 3pm.. then late night after 12:30

I need to play him too, he said he should be available later on today (Wednesday)

Vestal

Smokey said:
I need to play him too, he said he should be available later on today (Wednesday)

If not lets hook up later for a scrim. I still need to get some practice playing Online.. Getting better but still making some dumb mistakes.

DY_nasty

Vestal said:
My bad then.. I guess I miss read the rules.. i would have put up a zone lol.. CP3 was killing me.

Dont know what got into jackson cause usually he cant make a shot for me.
damn sure wasn't doing shit for me...

I got twice as much out of Pietrus and Nelson

Smokey

Vestal said:
If not lets hook up later for a scrim. I still need to get some practice playing Online.. Getting better but still making some dumb mistakes.

I'll probably be around starting at 10-11am central tomorrow if you want to get a scrim in.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
gg my man it was a close game through 3 qtrs and very entertaining. I just tend to turn it up a bit in the 4th in games, and that's where I pulled away.

that was the craziest game I've been apart of in 2k11

AB 12-19 fgs, 8-12 3pt 38 pts, 13 assits
KMart 12-19 fgs 3-4 3pt 27 pts
Chase Bud 8-10 fgs 3-4 3pt 20 pts
Yao 5-9 12 pts 11 rebs

Melo 15-19 33 pts
Afflalo 7-12 17 pts
JR Smith 7-14 15 pts

insane game :lol
Shiiiii ... either team bother to cross half court to play defense? Granted the Nuggets are a George Karl team, but daaaaaaang.

Mrbob

Me and Hey Low had a great game last night. Lost by a couple points but it was exciting. I was giving up way too many open 3 looks that game and getting crushed on the boards, but almost pulled off an amazing comeback. Down 80 to 71 with one minute left I mounted a furious last push. Made it to 80 to 78 with the ball and Durant missed a layup at the end. I should have kicked it out to Harden for a 3 point shot because he was open but I played it conservative and lost the game! Probably for the best though since I had to head out right away. Sorry about pausing it in the middle of action in the 3rd for like two minutes. I got a call from one of my friends saying he got pulled over by a cop. So I'm like OK what did you do? It isn't anything major, but he tells me that he didn't renew his license so he needed someone to pick him up. Yeah that was fun heading out from home about one in the morning to go get him! What a fool I can't believe he didn't renew it. Lucky he didn't get his ass thrown in jail for the night.

Mrbob

Still have the:

Warriors
Jazz
Magic

On the schedule. Me and Luke will play tonight or tomorrow. CharsAce and Ecnal I should be home tonight to play until I may or may not have to leave for the Kinect midnight launch!

ecnal

Mrbob said:
Still have the:

Warriors
Jazz
Magic

On the schedule. Me and Luke will play tonight or tomorrow. CharsAce and Ecnal I should be home tonight to play until I may or may not have to leave for the Kinect midnight launch!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Shurs said:
You gonna start jumping online before midnight my time and asking for games?

Bro I've been asking all day. I think my first post was at 4 Or 5 pst. So chill out skippy

DCX

DCX
Nothing wrong with Kinect hype. Although a midnight launch is a bit much. Amazon prime with release date shipping ftw.

DCX

Shurs

CB3 said:
Bro I've been asking all day. I think my first post was at 4 Or 5 pst. So chill out skippy

You said you could play after the Lakers game, which ended at what time last night?

I'm chill, bro. You're the one bitching about not being able to find games, not me.

If you want to play our game, let's set a time.

ecnal

Dark FaZe said:
Just lost a scrim to cb3

we need an admin to erase it because it was sent as a league match

wtf... it counted for week 5... how is that even possible.

im not at home, but if it's still not reset ill do it later tonight.

Mrbob

I need some help regarding recovery of tipped passes. Honestly I wish my defense wouldn't go for tipped passes at all. It puts my defense out of position as my guys scramble for the ball but then I don't pick it up. Am I supposed to hit another button after a tipped pass to go get the ball? I gave up like 4 three point shots in the game last night because one of my players would tip a pass, then 3 of them go for the ball but none pick it up. Then it leaves a guy open at the three point arc to drain an open jumper.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Me and Hey Low had a great game last night. Lost by a couple points but it was exciting. I was giving up way too many open 3 looks that game and getting crushed on the boards, but almost pulled off an amazing comeback. Down 80 to 71 with one minute left I mounted a furious last push. Made it to 80 to 78 with the ball and Durant missed a layup at the end. I should have kicked it out to Harden for a 3 point shot because he was open but I played it conservative and lost the game! Probably for the best though since I had to head out right away. Sorry about pausing it in the middle of action in the 3rd for like two minutes. I got a call from one of my friends saying he got pulled over by a cop. So I'm like OK what did you do? It isn't anything major, but he tells me that he didn't renew his license so he needed someone to pick him up. Yeah that was fun heading out from home about one in the morning to go get him! What a fool I can't believe he didn't renew it. Lucky he didn't get his ass thrown in jail for the night.

Sounds like Durant in real life to me, NOT CLUTCH

ecnal said:
wtf... it counted for week 5... how is that even possible.

im not at home, but if it's still not reset ill do it later tonight.

I reset it. It looks like 2k website is working again, so I just reset it from there. And the game counted for week 5 because the league is on flex. It's on flex because of those times when people know they're going to be out of town etc ahead of time, and they can knock out a few games in the upcoming week. That's the only time I'd like to see it get used otherwise the league records will be all over the place with people trying to play 2 weeks worth of games in 1 week.

So:

When doing a scrim you need to select "Challenge to Custom Match".
Deadline Sat Nov 6th
Trade Deadline is game 15 (week 3)

Mrbob said:
I need some help regarding recovery of tipped passes. Honestly I wish my defense wouldn't go for tipped passes at all. It puts my defense out of position as my guys scramble for the ball but then I don't pick it up. Am I supposed to hit another button after a tipped pass to go get the ball? I gave up like 4 three point shots in the game last night because one of my players would tip a pass, then 3 of them go for the ball but none pick it up. Then it leaves a guy open at the three point arc to drain an open jumper.

Try lowering the help defense slider. I dunno if that will lower people jumping into lanes or if that's just for teammates helping you out on dribble penetration but you can try that.

DY_nasty

Defensive Pressure is what effects that more than anything. Help will mean that another defender will rotate over after someone gets beat... pros and cons for each

LiveWire

Is there a way to better understand players' unique shot releases? A particular setting or something in practice mode that slows it down so I can see the right release point? I swear I'm not that bad at driving to the basket or setting a pick or passing to the open man outside, but every time I try to take a shot, *CLANG* Is there a set # of different release points (10, 20, 50) or is there really a unique release point for every single player in the game?

Vestal

LiveWire said:
Is there a way to better understand players' unique shot releases? A particular setting or something in practice mode that slows it down so I can see the right release point? I swear I'm not that bad at driving to the basket or setting a pick or passing to the open man outside, but every time I try to take a shot, *CLANG* Is there a set # of different release points (10, 20, 50) or is there really a unique release point for every single player in the game?

Use the shot Indicator to help u figure out were u are screwing up.. Each player has a very different shot release..

For example in my case.. Stephen Jackson basically has a very quick release as opposed to Rip whos shot release is pretty high. It takes alot of getting used to, moreso Online due to lag.

BTW.. Can you play tonight? 12:30am EST? or Tommorow between 10am and 2pm EST?

Smokey

LiveWire said:

Unique release points for the major players. Pros and Cons. Pro: authenticity, Con : Can be hard to learn everybody's shot.

The best way to learn them is to go into practice mode and just start shooting. Go by the visual cue up to that shows you if you released too early, just right (green), or too late and adjust accordingly until you can get green consistently. Do this for awhile and eventually you will get the timing down. There's no way to slow it down. Through repetition (5 mins or so of shooting from various spots around the court) you should eventually get it. Once you get comfortable with a player go into the sub menu, pick another and repeat the process until you're comfortable with that guy. Rinse repeat!

ecnal

Smokey said:
I reset it. It looks like 2k website is working again, so I just reset it from there. And the game counted for week 5 because the league is on flex. It's on flex because of those times when people know they're going to be out of town etc ahead of time, and they can knock out a few games in the upcoming week. That's the only time I'd like to see it get used otherwise the league records will be all over the place with people trying to play 2 weeks worth of games in 1 week.

ah, sweet.

this should come in handy for my inevitable durring season vacation :lol

LiveWire said:

players do have multiple release points.

(1) release for a normal, set, jumpshot
(2) release for a contested jumpshot (typically when the defender is right on you)
(3,4,5,6,etc) releases for all specialty shots (fades, runners, floaters, step backs, etc)
(7, 8, 9, etc) releases for various post shots (hooks, fades, running hooks, etc)

and ya, the release points will varry between players.

also, some players (rose comes to mind) have special shot animations that are enacted when you're in a certain position on the court. so when rose is close to the basket, you can't do a regular jumpshot -- he does a signature floater/push shot kind of thing, and that has its own release timing as well.

and as smokey said, practice -> freestyle is your best way to learn releases.

daw840

@ Sacramento Kings
San Antonio Spurs
@ Chicago Bulls

Anyone around? I can probably play here in a bit. Just post here, I won't be online.

daw840

daw840 said:
@ Sacramento Kings
San Antonio Spurs
@ Chicago Bulls

Anyone around? I can probably play here in a bit. Just post here, I won't be online.

So, who are the owners of these teams? Just curious, posted a few times and haven't seen much activity.

Nightz

daw840 said:
So, who are the owners of these teams? Just curious, posted a few times and haven't seen much activity.
DM has the Bulls. The other two seem to be newcomers, but have posted here. The owner list is in the OP.

Top Bottom