• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Vestal

Did livewire quit? hes only got 1 game played and umm week is pretty much up.. I still need to play him as im sure 3 others do aswell.

Vestal said:
Did livewire quit? hes only got 1 game played and umm week is pretty much up.. I still need to play him as im sure 3 others do aswell.

he quit madden and said he was thinking about quitting any other leagues he was in but i dunno

daw840

GG Atlus. You were right there in it until the very end. My next thing to work on is definitely shot selection, lol. 28/90 is not very good....

advance this shit now, none of these people are going to play anyways!

and why does the game rank me lower in power rankings than dcx? i have a better record than he does!

Smokey

charsace said:
So what time does the league advance?

10pm central

DCX said:
the pheeniks: bosh for amare
DCX: don't insult me
the pheeniks: :-(

pheeniks is a punk. I tried to work with him, he demanded Yao in a trade for Bosh. And was dead serious about it.

ecnal

ya, nash is really having his way with the league.

137 shots in 5 games, 35% shooting, 22% shooting from deep, and a measly 7 asts per game.

that's some viakado-esque nash stats.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
Read the thread cockface. Advance in a hour.

That was two and a half hours ago shit head.

Dont give me shit cause the spurs are waxing the rockets

ecnal

knsx0.gif

Shurs

Good game, Luke.

I thought it was all over for me in the 3rd quarter. I was worried about my points in the paint and kept launching threes.

You are really good with Ellis.

LukeSmith

Shurs said:
Good game, Luke.

I thought it was all over for me in the 3rd quarter. I was worried about my points in the paint and kept launching threes.

You are really good with Ellis.

I simply cannot transition from playing offline to playing online. There's even input latency on invoking the pause menu :lol

Don't know how long I'll be able to tolerate the combination of my and the game's ineptitude.

LukeSmith said:
I simply cannot transition from playing offline to playing online. There's even input latency on invoking the pause menu :lol

Don't know how long I'll be able to tolerate the combination of my and the game's ineptitude.

that's why i don't play this game singleplayer! just stick to online and there is never a difference

charsace

LukeSmith said:

Do yourself a favor and don't play single player on anything lower than all star sim. One thing I have noticed is that the tighter the defense is on you, the smaller the perfect release window is.

Shurs

LukeSmith said:

Yeah, I think I'm only going to play online from now on.

Also, video game Jeremy Lin is hideous.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Missing wide open looks gets frustrating after a while, but I still hold on to hope that it's not just because my team blows. Everyone has radically different timing in my starting lineup (except Udrih, my PG, who's a little b***h who can't hit anything no matter how wide open he is or how perfect my timing is).

More practice offline should help for folks struggling with lag. Sure, the lag ISN'T there, but knowing when in your shooters animation, since everyone is different, is the right spot, should help you adjust. I'm thinking I'll start forcing bad contested shots so at least I don't embarass myself with flat out wide open misses.

Smokey

Week has been advanced. Week 2 is now live

Standings:

1. Heat (5-0)
2. Rockets (5-0)
3. Jazz (5-0)
4. Hawks (4-1)
5. Mavs (4-1)
6. Nuggets (4-1)
7. Lakers (4-1)
8. Hornets (4-1)
9. Magic (4-1)
10. Suns (4-1)
11. Wizards (4-1)
12. Clippers (3-2)
13. Knicks (3-2)
14. Thunder (3-2)
15. Celtics (1-4)
16. Bobcats (1-4)

----

17. Bulls (1-4)
18. Pistons (1-4)
19. Warriors (1-4)
20. Grizzlies (1-4)
21. Bucks (1-4)
22. Wolves (1-4)
23. Spurs (1-4)
24. 76ers (0-5)
25. Blazers (0-5)
26. Knicks (0-5)

*Those above the dotted line represents those in the playoffs as of now

Deadline for week 2 advancement is next Saturday November 13th

My week 2 games:

@Thunder
@Wolves
Kings
@Blazers
Hawks

Let's get it in, I'm easily reachable!

Shurs

I hope there's some contingency in place to prevent people who get simulated wins from getting a higher ranking than those who get legit wins.

For example, I just got my first win tonight against the Warriors by actually playing against them, while (correct me if I'm wrong) the Pistons, Bucks, Spurs, Bobcats and Celtics got their first wins via simulation.

If they didn't actually win their games, there's no way they should be ranked higher than I am.

DCX

DCX
DCX said:
Philadelphia 76ers
@ Washington Wizards
Dallas Mavericks
@ Milwaukee Bucks
Memphis Grizzlies

Any of you fellas going to be around tonight after the advance?

DCX

DCX

ecnal

Shurs said:
I hope there's some contingency in place to prevent people who get simulated wins from getting a higher ranking than those who get legit wins.

For example, I just got my first win tonight against the Warriors by actually playing against them, while (correct me if I'm wrong) the Pistons, Bucks, Spurs, Bobcats and Celtics got their first wins via simulation.

If they didn't actually win their games, there's no way they should be ranked higher than I am.

i don't think the game can differentiate between simmed/earned wins.

people with worse records should always get the loss though imo -- so those 0-4 teams shouldn't have gotten wins unless they went up against another 0-4 team.

Shurs

ecnal said:
i don't think the game can differentiate between simmed/earned wins.

people with worse records should always get the loss though imo -- so those 0-4 teams shouldn't have gotten wins unless they went up against another 0-4 team.

It's bullshit.

Theoretically, the Celtics could sim their way into the playoffs, by doing nothing.

Shitty players with good teams will be rewarded for ducking their opponents.

Smokey

ecnal said:

I agree with this. I'll do that from now on then instead of just having the game randomly pick a winner.

Nightz

Washington Wizards
@ Dallas Mavericks
Milwaukee Bucks
@ Memphis Grizzlies
Oklahoma City Thunder

I can squeeze a game in right now.

Shurs

Vestal said:
Pistons available now

Hop online. I'll see if I can get a connection with you, as I can't seem to establish a connection with Hey Low.

Plus, you should trade me Austin Daye.

Top Bottom