• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

charsace

Smokey said:
So now you're gonna be 10-0 huh? Don't worry, you're time will come in week 4. Game will be streamed for people here and in NBA-Age to see you get put in your place.

I stream mine on Ustream. He'll fold under the lights when 20+ people from here are watching.
Streaming don't mean shit to me son. That's like Craig Ehlo saying he going to stop Jordan with no help. So STFU Ehlo.

DCX

DCX
Nothing to see here folks..Chars will lose to either Me, Lance or Smokey...multiple times.. Book it.

DCX

Smokey

charsace said:
Streaming don't mean shit to me son. That's like Craig Ehlo saying he going to stop Jordan with no help. So STFU Ehlo.

So you're the Jordan of NBA2K on GAF. Is this what you're saying?

Joke character in 2k-age finally confirmed

charsace

ecnal said:
ya, im also gonna need some help later on in the season.

im gonna need some losses simmed so i matchup versus this chump in round one.

dude just wrecked his season in one night.
Sim all you want. If you want to be out of the playoffs quick I have no problem helping you out. Just make sure you have your stuffed animals to cuddle up with after whoop your ass bitch.

Smokey

charsace said:
Sim all you want. If you want to be out of the playoffs quick I have no problem helping you out. Just make sure you have your stuffed animals to cuddle up with after whoop your ass bitch.

you remind me of the cavs of the lebron era

nice little regular season record, then come playoffs you go home crying. the only difference is it's not a teammate who's fucking ms. gloria james and throwing your concentration off, it's me or anybody else really fuckin you upside your head repeatedly and making you snap your disc.

will be no different this year

charsace

Smokey said:
you remind me of the cavs of the lebron era

nice little regular season record, then come playoffs you go home crying. the only difference is it's not a teammate who's fucking ms. gloria james and throwing your concentration off, it's me or anybody else really fuckin you upside your head repeatedly and making you snap your disc.

will be no different this year
Man SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET MY PRIZE READY BITCH!

ecnal

charsace said:

you're still talking shit?

im online and ready to play your bitch ass. you're the one dodging me like the knicks have dodged the playoffs for the last decade.

i'm also dead serious about our playoff match. i'll tank games myself to make it happen if smokey doesn't do it.

dead. serious. this is not a joke.

you might as well start practicing now because i absolutely guarantee i'm your matchup for round 1 -- where you'll continue to be a perennial door mat in the playoffs.

DCX

DCX
ecnal said:
you're still talking shit?

im online and ready to play your bitch ass. you're the one dodging me like the knicks have dodged the playoffs for the last decade.

i'm also dead serious about our playoff match. i'll tank games myself to make it happen if smokey doesn't do it.

dead. serious. this is not a joke.

you might as well start practicing now because i absolutely guarantee i'm your matchup for round 1 -- where you'll continue to be a perennial door mat in the playoffs.
Hey now, no need to insult a nation..

DCX

lol there is nothing i could do against the heat. again a bunch of jump passes early, and then i would get good contests of the shots and nothing! then lebron would do his raging bull in the paint and just dunk it over 3 guys.

thankfully i won the game since pheeniks had 52 points in the paint on 90 total points ;)

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol there is nothing i could do against the heat. again a bunch of jump passes early, and then i would get good contests of the shots and nothing! then lebron would do his raging bull in the paint and just dunk it over 3 guys.

thankfully i won the game since pheeniks had 52 points in the paint on 90 total points ;)
I'm not surprised. pheeniks is a bitch and a choker. Watch him come in here and cry.

ecnal you're still a bitch too. I would fuck your shit up, but our game is in week 3 not this week.

ecnal

charsace said:
I'm not surprised. pheeniks is a bitch and a choker. Watch him come in here and cry.

ecnal you're still a bitch too. I would fuck your shit up, but our game is in week 3 not this week.

we can play it right now, bruh. it's a flex schedule.

don't be fucking scared. if you don't send me a challenge, don't bother responding.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Its so funny i bet you let him through for a dunk just so he can go over..

314cc0721281d29.gif

" imma lay here, you go on ahead.."

DCX

FrenchMovieTheme said:

take your cheapass victory. this is the only time you'll shoot 40 threes (and make 6) out of 91 shots taken, shoot 29%, and look at my shot chart...oh yeah I totally abused the paint didn't i?

and as for those "jump passes" uh...I think most of those got intercepted or were thrown away. so i don't know what you're bitching about

and yes, hunter was right. all you do is inch to the 3 pt line and then shoot. what am i supposed to do? not run on his stupid shots and misses?

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
take your cheapass victory. this is the only time you'll shoot 40 threes (and make 6) out of 91 shots taken, shoot 29%, and look at my shot chart...oh yeah I totally abused the paint didn't i?

and as for those "jump passes" uh...I think most of those got intercepted or were thrown away. so i don't know what you're bitching about
umad2.png

DCX

lol relax bruh, that is why i winked! i don't want the win, the game was over before the 4th quarter!

but regarding those jump passes no. you had 1 turnover off them. the others found their mark perfectly. that's why those are so ridiculous. collision detection needs to be better cause that shit would never happen as consistently as it does in the game.

not saying that's why i lost, i just couldn't hit any shots :/

p.s. the playbook i have with the suns is horrible. there are no plays to get guys open at all and i don't want to make people sit there for 4 minutes while i setup a bunch of plays... cough pheeniks

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol relax bruh, that is why i winked! i don't want the win, the game was over before the 4th quarter!

but regarding those jump passes no. you had 1 turnover off them. the others found their mark perfectly. that's why those are so ridiculous. collision detection needs to be better cause that shit would never happen as consistently as it does in the game.

Sorry, this is a dictator ship..we vote... LOSS for the Miami PIP Machine.

DCX

charsace

ROFL FMT is the best troll every year. He is like that guy that acts like he's trying to bring calm to a street ball game when he is really throwing in little things to instigate.

And Smokey just be prepared to send my prize to me.

Smokey

It took until the start of Week 2, but 2K-Age appears to have knocked the rust off.

umads, bitch used multiple times, claims of being Jordan

charsace said:
ROFL FMT is the best troll every year. He is like that guy that acts like he's trying to bring calm to a street ball game when he is really throwing in little things to instigate.

And Smokey just be prepared to send my prize to me.

If you earn it then it's yours, but I doubt that'll happen. There are better people than you in this league.

dealwitit.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. the playbook i have with the suns is horrible. there are no plays to get guys open at all and i don't want to make people sit there for 4 minutes while i setup a bunch of plays... cough pheeniks

Stop being a huge pussy.

Your getting the win

Nightz

GG Baby Milo. Thankfully I was able to pull away a bit in the first half because my players went cold in the second half and Gay and Mayo took over.

Baby Milo

Nightz said:
GG Baby Milo. Thankfully I was able to pull away a bit in the first half because my players went cold in the second half and Gay and Mayo took over.
yeah gg couldn't slow you down in that 1st half

Bobcats
Pistons
Celtics

let me know if your around

DCX

DCX
Dark FaZe said:
:lol

And by jump passes do you mean passing the ball out of a jumpshot?
I assume thats what people mean...sometimes you do have to if a seven footer from the land of the rising son has a 70" vert :/

DCX

so FMT got the win?

ok...I'm just going to let you guys waltz into the paint every play while 50% of the shots I take are three pointers. free win for me.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

the game doesn't let me save it so deal with it. and I would much rather run plays and get good looks than jack up threes and have a nonexistent interior defense. but apparently the latter is a key formula to success in this fucking stupid league

Nightz

Washington Wizards
@ Dallas Mavericks
Milwaukee Bucks
Oklahoma City Thunder

Anyone around? I have time to play one game this morning before I head out.

Shurs

ph33nix said:
so FMT got the win?

ok...I'm just going to let you guys waltz into the paint every play while 50% of the shots I take are three pointers. free win for me.

I think it's good to have that rule, even if it messes with our games a little.

My last game, versus Detroit, I basically took jumpers the whole second half because I was significantly over 50% PiP in the first half.

I had to adjust my game, and it was frustrating, but the rule keeps us honest. Plus, it adds another layer of strategy to the games.

I was down big to CB3, and I knew he was close to, if not over 50% PiP, so I tried to funnel him into the paint. He had enough awareness, not to take the bait.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
so FMT got the win?

the game doesn't let me save it so deal with it. and I would much rather run plays and get good looks than jack up threes and have a nonexistent interior defense. but apparently the latter is a key formula to success in this fucking stupid league
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok

DCX

Nightz said:
Washington Wizards
@ Dallas Mavericks
Milwaukee Bucks
Oklahoma City Thunder

Anyone around? I have time to play one game this morning before I head out.

servers were down last i checked...ill check again

Shurs said:
I was down big to CB3, and I knew he was close to, if not over 50% PiP, so I tried to funnel him into the paint. He had enough awareness, not to take the bait.

first of all: lol

second of all you're right. You have to be aware of pip.

Shurs said:
I think it's good to have that rule, even if it messes with our games a little.

My last game, versus Detroit, I basically took jumpers the whole second half because I was significantly over 50% PiP in the first half.

I had to adjust my game, and it was frustrating, but the rule keeps us honest. Plus, it adds another layer of strategy to the games.

Yeah I think it's a good rule to have but in situations like this? This rule is supposed to prevent people from "cheese tactics" and it's not like I was iso-motioning and doing bullshit into the paint. And FMT took 40 threes out of 91 shots. You fucking tell me who played the game "sim-like" here.

For fucks sake I beat him 90-62. When I beat Smokey in the tourney to force a game 5 based on PIP I told him I felt like it was cheap because he clearly outplayed me but his rules are his rules. So I'll stick with it, but what does it say about this league if people are willing to resort to letting people waltz into the lane for a cheap win?

Nightz

Dark FaZe said:
servers were down last i checked...ill check again
Meh. Oh well, I won't have time to fit a game in anymore. I'll be around later.

Anywho, I'm looking for a starting SG. David West, Marcus Thornton and my bench are available.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
Yeah I think it's a good rule to have but in situations like this? This rule is supposed to prevent people from "cheese tactics" and it's not like I was iso-motioning and doing bullshit into the paint. And FMT took 40 threes out of 91 shots. You fucking tell me who played the game "sim-like" here.

For fucks sake I beat him 90-62. When I beat Smokey in the tourney to force a game 5 based on PIP I told him I felt like it was cheap because he clearly outplayed me but his rules are his rules. So I'll stick with it, but what does it say about this league if people are willing to resort to letting people waltz into the lane for a cheap win?
It's tactics brosef. I lost a game or two last year due to it. The thing is this year is sooo easy to shoot mid range. There are times in transition or fastbreaks i try to get open threes or jumpers. I loaded my team with shooters and i basically let A'mare own the paint.

With Wade, Bosh and Lebron, you have paint control issues. They will leak to fast break dunks, and drives to the basket. You should have flipped one of your stars for a more balanced team.

Looking at your stats, your big three combine for a shit ton of pip. Wade, being the better shooter of the bunch should be your " shooter " Miller should never have a pip. Bosh should face up and hit jumpers and let 'bron do his thing.

It's not to late to fix this. Send me Bosh for Andrei..i'd hate to do it, but i'll help you out.

DCX

Shurs

The Timberwolves roster renovation project keeps on rolling.

We have acquired:

Hedo Turkoglu:
8391779c4300b90bc9f8e9429efe.jpeg

and...

Earl Clark
eclark1_350_090813.jpg

For Lazar Hayward and Kelenna Azubuike.

We then traded Earl Clark to Detroit for...

Austn Daye
NHMU075.jpg

We're 2-0 since acquiring Turkoglu, so it logic dictates that we'll be running the table the rest of the way.

You've been warned.

DCX said:
It's tactics brosef. I lost a game or two last year due to it. The thing is this year is sooo easy to shoot mid range. There are times in transition or fastbreaks i try to get open threes or jumpers. I loaded my team with shooters and i basically let A'mare own the paint.

With Wade, Bosh and Lebron, you have paint control issues. They will leak to fast break dunks, and drives to the basket. You should have flipped one of your stars for a more balanced team.

Looking at your stats, your big three combine for a shit ton of pip. Wade, being the better shooter of the bunch should be your " shooter " Miller should never have a pip. Bosh should face up and hit jumpers and let 'bron do his thing.

It's not to late to fix this. Send me Bosh for Andrei..i'd hate to do it, but i'll help you out.

DCX

so you're basically saying that the rules are in place to negate the strengths on my roster

ok.

and in the game, i took a ton of midrange shots and missed a lot. this game would have been an even bigger blowout if i didn't miss most of those midrange shots.

this talk about "balancing out"---you do realize that FMT was the one who took 40 three pointers right? if you ever had a chance to look at my shot chart it was way more fucking balanced. so "balance" can go fuck itself

and all of you right now...can fuck off. if you guys think that i'm going to run down the clock at the end of the game when its decided you're wrong
unless it'll force me over this fucking PIP rule

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
so you're basically saying that the rules are in place to negate the strengths on my roster

ok.

and in the game, i took a ton of midrange shots and missed a lot. this game would have been an even bigger blowout if i didn't miss most of those midrange shots.

this talk about "balancing out"---you do realize that FMT was the one who took 40 three pointers right? if you ever had a chance to look at my shot chart it was way more fucking balanced. so "balance" can go fuck itself

and all of you right now...can fuck off. if you guys think that i'm going to run down the clock at the end of the game when its decided you're wrong
unless it'll force me over this fucking PIP rule
FMT needs balance too, 40 threes is crazy...i just assume he was down early and tried to get back with it. Eh. It's not just you this rule neutralise's.

DCX

Shurs

I'm feeling it too, guys.

If not for the PiP rule, Eddy Curry would be dropping 35-40 points per game.

That said, I think it's a good rule.

DCX said:
FMT needs balance too, 40 threes is crazy...i just assume he was down early and tried to get back with it. Eh. It's not just you this rule neutralise's.

DCX

no....he was doing it from the beginning of the game. inch up to the 3 pt line and jack up a shot, hoping i'm too slow to react to contest it.

and I truly hope you guys like it when I pause every 5 minutes to check my PIP.

Shurs

ph33nix said:
no....he was doing it from the beginning of the game. inch up to the 3 pt line and jack up a shot, hoping i'm too slow to react to contest it.

and I truly hope you guys like it when I pause every 5 minutes to check my PIP.

I usually check at half time, and if it's close, between the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Top Bottom