• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

ecnal

Shurs said:
It's bullshit.

Theoretically, the Celtics could sim their way into the playoffs, by doing nothing.

Shitty players with good teams will be rewarded for ducking their opponents.

there's really nothing that can be done -- simmed games are entirely "random."

i wouldn't worry about it too much.

in the scheme of a 30 game season, 1 win/loss likely wont matter.

plus smokey said he'll factor in records when simming future games -- so it's all good.

and, looking at all those opponents you listed, it looks like they all went up against other 0-4 teams :lol

ecnal

San Antonio Spurs
@ Chicago Bulls
Denver Nuggets
@ Phoenix Suns
@ Miami Heat

i can probably play 1-2 tonight and a bunch tomorrow.

damn i couldn't make a shot in the 4th!

your offense is pretty lame chars. i know i'm not good at the game but all you did when i got up big is basically do a bunch of bullshit iso moves with Dwill and all those bogus jump passes. i hope 2k fixes this because that's pretty ridiculous when you get a guy in the air and then he gets a free pass out of it for a pinpoint pass somewhere else on the court. i don't mind seeing it once in a while but the passes ive seen in league games so far have been pretty much a joke

well, looks like i can't connect with pheeniks. i couldn't connect with him in ncaa either so maybe our connections just dont mesh!

fucking lame i guarantee i'll lose in a sim to the heat!

Vestal

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well, looks like i can't connect with pheeniks. i couldn't connect with him in ncaa either so maybe our connections just dont mesh!

fucking lame i guarantee i'll lose in a sim to the heat!

Wana scrim?

Smokey

Vestal said:
Wana scrim?

i will in about 15 minutes, if you're still down.

charsace said:
gg chars, sorry if the above sounded like sour grapes. just frustrated with the game sometimes :/

hey if you think he's BSing call him out on it...no need to apologize...especially to chars :p

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

your offense is pretty lame chars. i know i'm not good at the game but all you did when i got up big is basically do a bunch of bullshit iso moves with Dwill and all those bogus jump passes. i hope 2k fixes this because that's pretty ridiculous when you get a guy in the air and then he gets a free pass out of it for a pinpoint pass somewhere else on the court. i don't mind seeing it once in a while but the passes ive seen in league games so far have been pretty much a joke

it's a pinpoint pass because the AI gets fucked up when a player goes in to a jumpshot animation and then passes out -- it has been broken since like 2k9 at least...

all defensive players go in to "rebound" mode on the shot -- so they begin to crash the boards or leak out for the fatbreak (depending on sliders). it essentially creates a scenario in which the offensive player has a significant advantage on the pass. the recipient of the pass will typically have space to shoot or drive.

i can't remember who i played in week one, but there are definitely people in this league who ONLY use jump passing as an escape-move to avoid getting a shot blocked or taking a bad shot.

imo we need to work out a rule regarding jumpshot passes. it's extremely exploitable and, even if not being exploited, its completely lame as fuck when people do this constantly throughout a game to get out of bad shots.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg chars, sorry if the above sounded like sour grapes. just frustrated with the game sometimes :/

Oh dont be a pussy and backdown now. this isnt the PS3 2k league. you have freedom of speech

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Cry more son. I knew you would. You mad because Nash has low defense. You were just walking up to the 3pt line and hitting and that pissed me off. You literally inched up to the line and shot 3's. I wanted to show you how to get a midrange jumper so I decided to get them repeatedly with DWill.

The iso was no bullshit. I knew Nash wasn't going to be able to stay in front of DWill. You could have changed defenders too. Not like I told you not to do so.

I jump passed like 3 times at most and that was because guys were open on the baseline.

Man fuck y'all. I'm 6 and 0 so you dudes tryin' to tear me down. Your time is coming smokey. You too ecnal. You keep poking a caged beast and he will break out of that shit and tear your ass up eventually. Keep on poking fellas. Keep on do what y'all do. Its going to make the ass whooping even sweeter.

Don't hold back. You cats can tell me how you feel. That way I can go in raw on your bitches. If that makes you mad you can drop out the league to avoid the an ass kicking. I know you like the sound of that last sentence smokey, but don't give in. Stay in the league bitch.

CB3

ecnal said:
smokey: i demand you let me play my week 3 game NOW versus chars.

you down big boy? step up.

Im making an executive decision here.

Its approved.

Play on

charsace

ecnal said:
smokey: i demand you let me play my week 3 game NOW versus chars.

you down big boy? step up.
The game is week 3 right? Then do yourself a favor and find yourself a nice recliner and a get a nice tall glass of SHUT THE FUCK UP Kool aid and wait until next week when I'm 10 and 0. You don't get to play me early. Nope, not at all.

ecnal

that's what i thought pussy.

always big talk, but never any walk.

step up to the plate, son. go raw on me, son.

man the fuck up because waiting another week isn't going to stop the inevitable -- another blowout is coming.

charsace

CB3 said:
Uh-oh. Hunter sounds scared
STFU I'm not scared.

I'm going to watch a movie and the schedule says week 3 bitches. I'm just giving ecnal time to practice. I show some kindness and dudes are hating.

CB3

Your scared like Lebron with the Ball in his hands with 5 seconds left in the game down 2. You dont wanna shoot. You really wanna pass it to Mo Williams

Smokey

charsace said:
Man fuck y'all. I'm 6 and 0 so you dudes tryin' to tear me down. Your time is coming smokey. You too ecnal. You keep poking a caged beast and he will break out of that shit and tear your ass up eventually. Keep on poking fellas. Keep on do what y'all do. Its going to make the ass whooping even sweeter.

Don't hold back. You cats can tell me how you feel. That way I can go in raw on your bitches. If that makes you mad you can drop out the league to avoid the an ass kicking. I know you like the sound of that last sentence smokey, but don't give in. Stay in the league bitch.

Wait...you're telling me not to leave the league? Nevermind the fact that, I kind of have to stay why the FUCK would I be scared of you in NBA2K. You have never beaten me when it counts, and in fact last time I checked I had 5 NBA2K GAF rings compared to your 0. I don't think you've ever gotten past the 2nd round, usually because I was there to put you in your place.

But hey, keep on living the high life mr 6 AND 0!

:lol

Shurs said:
While you're on, can you approve my trade with the Pistons?

It's Earl Clark for Austin Daye.

Thanks.

Yep, I'll take care of it.

charsace

Smokey said:
Wait...you're telling me not to leave the league? Nevermind the fact that, I kind of have to stay why the FUCK would I be scared of you in NBA2K. You have never beaten me when it counts, and in fact last time I checked I had 5 NBA2K GAF rings compared to your zero. But hey, keep on living the high life me 6 AND 0!

:lol
YOU should watch what you say because I will remember these things and YOU still have to play me.

ecnal

charsace said:
Jazz here

Hawks
Spurs
bulls
nuggets

Where you guys at?

i'm right here.

man the fuck up.

you really are scared, huh? none of those people are here. lets run our shit. it's a flex schedule, we can play the game right now without doing anything special.

Smokey

charsace said:
YOU should watch what you say because I will remember these things and YOU still have to play me.

So now you're gonna be 10-0 huh? Don't worry, you're time will come in week 4. Game will be streamed for people here and in NBA-Age to see you get put in your place.

Shurs said:
Can you guys stream your game on Justintv?

I stream mine on Ustream. He'll fold under the lights when 20+ people from here are watching.

ecnal

charsace said:
Your team is on the li... oh wait they aren't. Step the fuck back before you get blown the fuck out.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

you're still talking shit and you won't even play me?

this is some low level shit, bitch. why you scared?

ecnal

Smokey said:
So now you're gonna be 10-0 huh? Don't worry, you're time will come in week 4. Game will be streamed for people here and in NBA-Age to see you get put in your place.

ya, im also gonna need some help later on in the season.

im gonna need some losses simmed so i matchup versus this chump in round one.

dude just wrecked his season in one night.

Top Bottom