• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

DCX

DCX
Shurs said:
Good game, DCX.

I played like shit, aside from Foye, I couldn't hit a shot. You played some really great D.
Shhh Smokey will hear you. Apparently people tell me that are just gassing me :/ As much as Andrei has been a non factor stats wise his length and defense has made the entire first unit defensive beasts. It's weird.

Well, except for Foye, he was microwaving me all game long :(

DCX

ecnal

ya, im online.

can't stream, shit is too blurry.

edit: kado, what settings can you fuck with on the mobile version? you can only change quality and other minor things.

ecnal said:
ya, im online.

can't stream, shit is too blurry.

edit: kado, what settings can you fuck with on the mobile version? you can only change quality and other minor things.
its blurry because of few things.
1. distance from screen. you're too close.
2. it should be absolutely dark. no other lightsource besides your tv/monitor. Also try messing with the brightness on your tv/monitor.
3. camera isn't HD?
4. your ustream resolution should be set to low if your built-in camera only outputs 480p

charsace said:
Lets do this. give me a minute.
you're my entertainment tonight. make me proud.

ecnal

viakado said:
its blurry because of few things.
1. distance from screen. you're too close.
2. it should be absolutely dark. no other lightsource besides your tv/monitor. Also try messing with the brightness on your tv/monitor.
3. camera isn't HD?
4. your ustream resolution should be set to low if your built-in camera only outputs 480p

you're my entertainment tonight. make me proud.

okay, it might be the lighting.

steaming from an evo 4g.

ecnal

yawn.

just like the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, hunter has lost yet again.

you around heylow?

wow what happened to my highlight that i uploaded....Blake Griffin caught an off the backboard alley-oop on a fastbreak...it said it uploaded, but i dont see it on site.........

ecnal

WITNESS2K9 said:
wow what happened to my highlight that i uploaded....Blake Griffin caught an off the backboard alley-oop on a fastbreak...it said it uploaded, but i dont see it on site.........

2K's servers are taking a dump right now.

that disconnect we had -- the random one right in the middle of gameplay without any warning (waiting for opponent time out) -- always happens when 2K's servers are having trouble.

WITNESS2K9 said:

:lol

that was a pretty sweet play. ugly game for me. i just can't get the hang of the shot stick OR the button press. i have a great success ratio on using the X button to dunk but i dont always think to do it because im using the shot stick for regular shots. then sometimes ill be driving the lane for a dunk or something and try to use the shot stick and it doesn't register because of lag and my guy just stops in the paint.

the only reason i even had a mediocre shot % is because i got more points in the paint than usual. otherwise i would've been hovering at sub-35% levels :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:

that was a pretty sweet play. ugly game for me. i just can't get the hang of the shot stick OR the button press. i have a great success ratio on using the X button to dunk but i dont always think to do it because im using the shot stick for regular shots. then sometimes ill be driving the lane for a dunk or something and try to use the shot stick and it doesn't register because of lag and my guy just stops in the paint.

the only reason i even had a mediocre shot % is because i got more points in the paint than usual. otherwise i would've been hovering at sub-35% levels :(

its because you took 16 threes with steve nash:lol

WITNESS2K9 said:
its because you took 16 threes with steve nash:lol

meh, doesn't matter if i take 3's or jumpers or layups. if you took away my layups and just counted my fg's from outside the paint it is basically the same percentage as my 3 point shots :/

FrenchMovieTheme said:
meh, doesn't matter if i take 3's or jumpers or layups. if you took away my layups and just counted my fg's from outside the paint it is basically the same percentage as my 3 point shots :/

well i tend to focus on defense more than anything when i play....you had a stretch when you hit like 3 threes in a row from the same spot lol trade me steve nash:D

WITNESS2K9 said:
well i tend to focus on defense more than anything when i play....you had a stretch when you hit like 3 threes in a row from the same spot lol trade me steve nash:D

its weird because it seems that nash's release changes from game to game. obviously this has to do with lag but in this game he had the same basic release as channing frye (which is basically a quick flick). so i got a couple buckets to fall and then when i would shoot later he was doing this weird fucking animation like i was releasing WAY too early. then i go back to the normal release (slight delay) and i was missing again. so i dont know, i wish they had an online option for that shot equalizer. i dont want the game to do everything for me but it just sucks sometimes that i cant properly gauge what the release point is during any given game

p.s. not that i exactly light it up in my single player franchise. i shoot about 42-45% but that's a hell of a lot better than 35% :/

FrenchMovieTheme said:
its weird because it seems that nash's release changes from game to game. obviously this has to do with lag but in this game he had the same basic release as channing frye (which is basically a quick flick). so i got a couple buckets to fall and then when i would shoot later he was doing this weird fucking animation like i was releasing WAY too early. then i go back to the normal release (slight delay) and i was missing again. so i dont know, i wish they had an online option for that shot equalizer. i dont want the game to do everything for me but it just sucks sometimes that i cant properly gauge what the release point is during any given game

p.s. not that i exactly light it up in my single player franchise. i shoot about 42-45% but that's a hell of a lot better than 35% :/

u did fadeaway 3 pointers all game...I don't think you went inside once with your big men..that would help

WITNESS2K9 said:
u did fadeaway 3 pointers all game...I don't think you went inside once with your big men..that would help

well that is part of the problem. i'm not trying to fade away but i'm still getting that animation. maybe i should try changing the camera or just shoot with X :(

and the times i did try to get inside blake griffin just went over the top for the steal.... so i quit going inside. i don't have too much of an inside game anyways. i should probably work warrick more but there is only 1 good post up play i have. i think my % will go up once we can set out playbooks before the game too. i don't have any off the ball screen roll plays where i can get a decent open jumpber either

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well that is part of the problem. i'm not trying to fade away but i'm still getting that animation. maybe i should try changing the camera or just shoot with X :(

and the times i did try to get inside blake griffin just went over the top for the steal.... so i quit going inside. i don't have too much of an inside game anyways. i should probably work warrick more but there is only 1 good post up play i have. i think my % will go up once we can set out playbooks before the game too. i don't have any off the ball screen roll plays where i can get a decent open jumpber either

Shoot with X. Use the shotstick for post moves or around the rim

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

that's because your bitch ass shoots contested jumpers when defenders are playing tight d.

that fade animation, which is a longer release than the standard jumpshot for all players, only occurs when you try to shoot a jumper when a defender is playing extremely tight defense -- aka when you shouldn't be taking a jumpshot.

stop chucking while being defended and the problem will solve itself.

Nightz

Anyone playing the Hornets: I may be able to play tonight, but I can't guarantee anything. I'll be available tomorrow and Thursday after 7 pm PST though.

charsace

ecnal said:
yawn.

just like the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, hunter has lost yet again.

you around heylow?
You lucky bitch. It took 39 points from VC for you to win. You couldn't do anything with anyone else. You're lucky to have Dwight too since his tendencies make him contest everything around the basket and he changes every post shot. Millsap and Jefferson were killing your players in the post only for Dwight to run over and save the day with a contest. Thank god for CPU help bitch. Thank god for VC bitch.

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
You lucky bitch. It took 39 points from VC for you to win. You couldn't do anything with anyone else. You're lucky to have Dwight too since his tendencies make him contest everything around the basket and he changes every post shot. Millsap and Jefferson were killing your players in the post only for Dwight to run over and save the day with a contest. Thank god for CPU help bitch. Thank god for VC bitch.
Translation: " same old shit, different year "

DCX

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
ecnal said:
that's because your bitch ass shoots contested jumpers when defenders are playing tight d.

that fade animation, which is a longer release than the standard jumpshot for all players, only occurs when you try to shoot a jumper when a defender is playing extremely tight defense -- aka when you shouldn't be taking a jumpshot.

stop chucking while being defended and the problem will solve itself.
charsace said:

Proof positive that the GAF league has gone soft. What's next fellas, everyone gets gussied up in their fanciest dresses and has a tea party? Where are the rivalries? Where is the intensity? *yawn*

DCX

DCX
anachronous_one said:
Proof positive that the GAF league has gone soft. What's next fellas, everyone gets gussied up in their fanciest dresses and has a tea party? Where are the rivalries? Where is the intensity? *yawn*
It lives with the Knicks and Heat. PheeKnicks and DCX. It has always lived there, and will never die...unlike Bosh's spirit.

DCX

charsace said:

:lol :lol :lol

charsace said:
break your copy of 2k11 please, kthx.

ecnal

charsace said:

classic hunter.

the VC rape was by design -- you had small ass pg hill on him the entire game. you could have easily changed that up and put bell on him, but you didn't. you were essentially asking to get fucked by VC.

Dwight on D was in direct response to your pathetic ass post game, which is to step through (drop step) to pump fake every single time. i just let you step through and manually brought over Dwight on the pump fake -- the game was streamed, people can confirm that was me pushing your shit in with Dwight.

also, you didn't stop everyone else. only stuckey (had an off game) and qrich shot below 50%. on top of that, i dropped a season high 51% shooting and 47% shooting from 3 on you.

your game is weak, just like it is every season. better luck next year, chump.

Mrbob

Thunder should be home tonight to play some games if it isn't too late. I might want to watch the Bulls destroy the Rox though. I'm sure Smokey will use injury as an excuse for the beat down tonight!

Oh and no way I'll get NBA Jam. EA is holding back almost all the content into a downloadable patch sometime in December! 50 bucks for 1/4 of the game!

Nightz

I'll be getting NBA Jam as well.

Mrbob said:
Oh and no way I'll get NBA Jam. EA is holding back almost all the content into a downloadable patch sometime in December! 50 bucks for 1/4 of the game!
It's ready and coming out day one.

ecnal

oh ya, and for hilarity's sake:

charsace said:
Man fuck y'all. I'm 6 and 0 so you dudes tryin' to tear me down. Your time is coming smokey. You too ecnal. You keep poking a caged beast and he will break out of that shit and tear your ass up eventually. Keep on poking fellas. Keep on do what y'all do. Its going to make the ass whooping even sweeter.

Don't hold back. You cats can tell me how you feel. That way I can go in raw on your bitches. If that makes you mad you can drop out the league to avoid the an ass kicking. I know you like the sound of that last sentence smokey, but don't give in. Stay in the league bitch.

charsace said:
The game is week 3 right? Then do yourself a favor and find yourself a nice recliner and a get a nice tall glass of SHUT THE FUCK UP Kool aid and wait until next week when I'm 10 and 0. You don't get to play me early. Nope, not at all.

charsace said:
STFU I'm not scared.

I'm going to watch a movie and the schedule says week 3 bitches. I'm just giving ecnal time to practice. I show some kindness and dudes are hating.

charsace said:
YOU should watch what you say because I will remember these things and YOU still have to play me.

charsace said:
Your team is on the li... oh wait they aren't. Step the fuck back before you get blown the fuck out.

charsace said:
Streaming don't mean shit to me son. That's like Craig Ehlo saying he going to stop Jordan with no help. So STFU Ehlo.

charsace said:
You a knicks fan too, but I'm still going to fuck you up. Bad.

charsace said:
Sim all you want. If you want to be out of the playoffs quick I have no problem helping you out. Just make sure you have your stuffed animals to cuddle up with after whoop your ass bitch.

charsace said:
Man SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET MY PRIZE READY BITCH!

charsace said:
I'm not surprised. pheeniks is a bitch and a choker. Watch him come in here and cry.

ecnal you're still a bitch too. I would fuck your shit up, but our game is in week 3 not this week.

charsace said:
I'm down. Prepare yourself mentally son. Because physically, my boot in your ass is going to hurt when you're taking it out.

all that for this:

charsace said:

mt5bsx.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

charsace

ecnal said:

classic hunter.

the VC rape was by design -- you had small ass pg hill on him the entire game. you could have easily changed that up and put bell on him, but you didn't. you were essentially asking to get fucked by VC.

Dwight on D was in direct response to your pathetic ass post game, which is to step through (drop step) to pump fake every single time. i just let you step through and manually brought over Dwight on the pump fake -- the game was streamed, people can confirm that was me pushing your shit in with Dwight.

also, you didn't stop everyone else. only stuckey (had an off game) and qrich shot below 50%. on top of that, i dropped a season high 51% shooting and 47% shooting from 3 on you.

your game is weak, just like it is every season. better luck next year, chump.
Post game is weak? Are you fucking kidding me? Why the fuck should I do up and unders, baseline spins and fadeways when your guys couldn't stop the back down? I only up and under 2 times, with Okur, and both times your bitch ass jumped out of your shoes. I would have beat your ass too if I went to Al Jeff all game and up and under. The thing is I don't depend on one player(VC) like you do. I see through your garbage though. Next time I play you I'll most likely shoot 20 fts since you jump for every thing.

Top Bottom