• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

GT comes out next Tuesday fuuuuuuuuck, I thought it was the week after.

I just read the NPD numbers for October...2K11 was the #1 game of the month?! Beating out Fallout Vegas, Fable 3 and other games? Dammnnnn

edit: FMT. If you shoot better with the stick then use the stick. Most of us (I think) use stick for layups/dunks and X for shooting, but if you have better results with the shot stick than stick with it.

Baby Milo

ecnal said:
wow, you're a bigger bitch than i thought.

so you wana join up for a 2K league team in the GT5 league?

me, kado, nightz (?), you (?), ___, ____, ____

:D
I would be down for this. My G27 has been waiting all year.

Birdman02

Smokey said:
edit: FMT. If you shoot better with the stick then use the stick. Most of us (I think) use stick for layups/dunks and X for shooting, but if you have better results with the shot stick than stick with it.

Real men use the shot stick for all shots!!

EDIT: It looks like the Mavs v. Heat game from last night is stuck in-progress...probably because 2k booted me when I was trying to upload a replay.

Rawk Hawk

Just picked this game up and played a little last night, haven't had an NBA game for many years and I'm horrible (Lost the opening game 46 to 20). :lol

I see there is already a resident Knicks fan, but might try playing some online games once I get a decent handle on the controls, gamer tag is JoachimMizrahi.

Feel free to toss me an add, maybe I can pick up an unclaimed franchise if I ever become decent... so, never?

DCX

DCX
Rawk Hawk said:
Just picked this game up and played a little last night, haven't had an NBA game for many years and I'm horrible (Lost the opening game 46 to 20). :lol

I see there is already a resident Knicks fan, but might try playing some online games once I get a decent handle on the controls, gamer tag is JoachimMizrahi.

Feel free to toss me an add, maybe I can pick up an unclaimed franchise if I ever become decent... so, never?
Sixers and Bucks are free, and no better way to learn than getting thrown into the fire.

DCX

Rawk Hawk

DCX said:
Sixers and Bucks are free, and no better way to learn than getting thrown into the fire.

DCX

Cool, let me play through this weekend and get comfortable with it. Last night I avoided gaurding the guy with the ball so I didn't get burned, so I'll have to get use to that. Although I could set records for least amount of wins and points scored, go down in GAF NBA history.

Hmm, does season mode have a draft or have you guys just done season mode 10 times with current rosters?

Smokey

Rawk Hawk said:
Cool, let me play through this weekend and get comfortable with it. Last night I avoided gaurding the guy with the ball so I didn't get burned, so I'll have to get use to that. Although I could set records for least amount of wins and points scored, go down in GAF NBA history.

Hmm, does season mode have a draft or have you guys just done season mode 10 times with current rosters?

No draft. There is an option to do a fantasy draft but we've never done it for the main league.

Rawk Hawk

Smokey said:
No draft. There is an option to do a fantasy draft but we've never done it for the main league.

Gotcha, still that's pretty cool, not to keep asking likely common knowledge questions, but do trades from years prior stay, or is everything a clean slate after the season?

Smokey

Rawk Hawk said:
Gotcha, still that's pretty cool, not to keep asking likely common knowledge questions, but do trades from years prior stay, or is everything a clean slate after the season?

It's a clean slate. For some reason 2k hasn't attempted a true online franchise mode yet. So we basically reset after each season and go again.

daw840

Golden State Warriors
@ Los Angeles Clippers
Houston Rockets
@ Charlotte Bobcats
Detroit Pistons

I'm HEEEEEEEEERRRREEEEEE. Somebody play me!!!

Smokey

viakado said:
how are you mounting that wheel of yours?
all the stands ive seen on amazon and ebay go for around $100 and up.

Only way black people know how to do things, got it ***** rigged to a table tray:lol

Smokey said:
Only way black people know how to do things, got it ***** rigged to a table tray:lol
is this your setup?:lol
nate001.jpg

Smokey

viakado said:
is this your setup?:lol
nate001.jpg

Not bad, not bad. I just have a TV tray for now and use my computer desk as the seat!

When I start working in January I'm getting this though:

41qPOH1ZbAL._AA300_.jpg

+

31OqIbN351L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

^^Gear shift holder to go onto the playseat, pretty penny but fuck it you only live once:D

DCX

DCX
...Westbrook cheese is King. Serious this dude can't shoot this good, with a defender and a center on a jumper.. one pump, off balance shot is pure like the word of god..fucking BS

GG Bob..wish i had a cheese PG :/

DCX

DCX said:
...Westbrook cheese is King. Serious this dude can't shoot this good, with a defender and a center on a jumper.. one pump, off balance shot is pure like the word of god..fucking BS

GG Bob..wish i had a cheese PG :/

DCX

donnie_walsh--300x300.jpg

Mrbob

Yeah crazy game. Honestly I can't believe Westbrook hit that last shot. Dagger with 0.3 seconds left. Finally win a close one!

I still can't shoot for shit from the outside for the most part though. Lack of outside shooting almost cost me the game via PiP! 32.5 + 4 = 36.5 and I had 36 cutting it CLOSE. Crawford is a pretty good beast for your team though. Good defensive struggle.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Yeah crazy game. Honestly I can't believe Westbrook hit that last shot. Dagger with 0.3 seconds left. Finally win a close one!

I still can't shoot for shit from the outside for the most part though. Lack of outside shooting almost cost me the game via PiP! 32.5 + 4 = 36.5 and I had 36 cutting it CLOSE. Crawford is a pretty good beast for your team though. Good defensive struggle.

Did Bob just add an imaginary .5 to the PIP to help him win :lol

Mrbob

65/2 = 32.5 + 4 = 36.5

I had 36! I'm under. I'm good! Even if we round down I'd hit the limit just perfectly. We round up I'm still a point under! :sunglasses

6/21 with Durant can't believe how many open jumpers I missed with him.

Mrbob

Opponents left:

@ Philadelphia 76ers DJ
Washington Wizards Phatal Faze
@ Dallas Mavericks Birdman
Milwaukee Bucks TJ Ramirez

Smokey

bucks
76ers
warriors

luke for sure is gone i talked to him, the other 2 i'm assuming are out since nobody can get ahold of them

Top Bottom