• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

DCX said:
What's funny is his rebounding is even off the charts :lol He is indeed the Perfect PF. Leads our league in scoring for all PFs.

DCX

i could have went far in the playoffs that year cuz i had Steve Nash, Amare, and Shaq.....i beat pheenix :D , but i forgot who i lost to after that....Amare was Dwight Howard with a jumpshot:lol

DCX said:
What's funny is his rebounding is even off the charts :lol He is indeed the Perfect PF. Leads our league in scoring for all PFs.

DCX

Greene is a PF and he is scoring 19ppg during his time with the Wizards!

Dunks will now branch into mid-air collisions, resulting in contact layups and changes in shots.

^ possible for contact during spin dunks?

Big men with low vertical ratings will now jump the appropriate height when rebounding and contesting shots.

^ yao bitch

Tuned under-basket shots such that big players are no longer overpowered by smaller defenders, thus forcing a bad shot.

^ time to post up brooks

Body-ups have been re-tuned such that good dribblers do not ‘lose’ during a mismatch or by taking good angles.

^ offthewall

Missed and inaccurate passes will now play at an appropriate rate when passing out of a shot or contact shot.

^pheeKnicks

DCX

DCX
Dark FaZe said:
Greene is a PF and he is scoring 19ppg during his time with the Wizards!

Dunks will now branch into mid-air collisions, resulting in contact layups and changes in shots.

^ possible for contact during spin dunks?

Big men with low vertical ratings will now jump the appropriate height when rebounding and contesting shots.

^ yao bitch

Tuned under-basket shots such that big players are no longer overpowered by smaller defenders, thus forcing a bad shot.

^ time to post up brooks

Body-ups have been re-tuned such that good dribblers do not ‘lose’ during a mismatch or by taking good angles.

^ offthewall

Missed and inaccurate passes will now play at an appropriate rate when passing out of a shot or contact shot.

^pheeKnicks
lol

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
thecoldone33 6:49 pm
(6:49:21 PM): why you blocking everyone
the pheeniks 6:50 pm
(6:50:38 PM): i do what i want
thecoldone33 6:51 pm
(6:51:04 PM): i havent blocked someone on AIM since i was like 12
(6:51:07 PM): grow some nuts

(6:51:32 PM): the pheeniks is offline 6:51 pm

IMs are delivered when the buddy signs in. Send the pheeniks a text message

:lol :lol :lol

this dude is mad cause the real life heat are starting to resemble his 2k heat.

ecnal

:lol

the fuck is going on in here.

just got home with GT5 :)
the spot didn't have it nightz, a friend from scea sd hooked it up

vestal; im gonna install and probably disappear, so i may not be around later.

Vestal

Phoenix Suns
@ Orlando Magic
Utah Jazz
@ Los Angeles Lakers

Will be home in about 1hr if anyone wants to get a game going.

CB3

Vestal said:
Phoenix Suns
@ Orlando Magic
Utah Jazz
@ Los Angeles Lakers

Will be home in about 1hr if anyone wants to get a game going.

i should be able to play

ecnal

(8:09:47 PM) the pheeniks: i suck at this gam
(8:09:51 PM) the pheeniks: why am i going to voertime with bobb lol
(8:10:04 PM) me: ruh roh

CB3

ecnal said:
(8:09:47 PM) the pheeniks: i suck at this gam
(8:09:51 PM) the pheeniks: why am i going to voertime with bobb lol
(8:10:04 PM) me: ruh roh

Im surprised he didnt block you for that

bah, another game torched. what dcx was doing probably 80% of the time is he would take the PG, run him towards one of his other guys, the guy covering THAT guy would rotate to cover the guy with the ball, leaving his man wide open. every. single. time.

i eventually realized that help defense was up half way and turned it off after the game was out of reach in the 4th, but even then the rotations were still retarded. this also happens on every fast break to me. i got burnt by the magic the same way: for some reason my guys that should normally be rotating out to cover the wing guys come up to cover the guy with the ball.... why? i'm already fucking covering him dont leave the guys in the corner wide open!

i always see people adjusting stuff at the beginning and maybe there is some setting people get to defend this stuff. it doesn't really matter though since i can't shoot anyways :(

gg dcx

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
bah, another game torched. what dcx was doing probably 80% of the time is he would take the PG, run him towards one of his other guys, the guy covering THAT guy would rotate to cover the guy with the ball, leaving his man wide open. every. single. time.

i eventually realized that help defense was up half way and turned it off after the game was out of reach in the 4th, but even then the rotations were still retarded. this also happens on every fast break to me. i got burnt by the magic the same way: for some reason my guys that should normally be rotating out to cover the wing guys come up to cover the guy with the ball.... why? i'm already fucking covering him dont leave the guys in the corner wide open!

i always see people adjusting stuff at the beginning and maybe there is some setting people get to defend this stuff. it doesn't really matter though since i can't shoot anyways :(

gg dcx
Actually it's a set play called over something with the SG. PG sets up top of the key SG comes across the key and rubs off the PG to get the defending SG to pick himself leaving the SG open for a shot either a 3 or 2 depending how late i pass. When you started shadowing the pass i drove Felton down drawing you back up on him allowing the play to be ran.

SOrry if it seemed cheesy. Same with the double pick screens for either jamal or Gallo.

CB3

DCX said:
I hate that SOB. Over rated POS :)

DCX

Its like Yao Vs. Russel Westbrook for most overrated in this game. Atleast they are fixing Yao (or so they say)

Now i know why Smokey wanted to play me so quickly!

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Its like Yao Vs. Russel Westbrook for most overrated in this game. Atleast they are fixing Yao (or so they say)

Now i know why Smokey wanted to play me so quickly!
Yao/Brooks/Westbrook/Crawford ;)

DCX

DCX said:
Actually it's a set play called over something with the SG. PG sets up top of the key SG comes across the key and rubs off the PG to get the defending SG to pick himself leaving the SG open for a shot either a 3 or 2 depending how late i pass. When you started shadowing the pass i drove Felton down drawing you back up on him allowing the play to be ran.

SOrry if it seemed cheesy. Same with the double pick screens for either jamal or Gallo.

it's not that it was cheesy, that is a play in the NBA. i'm mad that my guys are fucking idiots. i get that there is defensive awareness and that is probably the root of the problem but jesus i knew how to at least play that properly in the 6th grade. even if you were on the low end of awareness that isn't one of the areas you should get beat.... especially when i put help defense to zero. to me that means do not help off the ball in any circumstance

CB3

Alot of the screen/pick and roll plays you just gotta see coming and attack them correctly. For instance i know the guys in this league who have good shooters are gonna be running alot of cross screens so i try to watch them out of the corner of my eye and provide help D manually to that player

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

gg dcx

first bold: nothing you can do about that, even setting play tight on guys and lowering help d won't stop that. it's essentially fucked up AI -- defenders will always pause and stare at the ball when it gets close; leaving the lead pass away from the "stunned" defender open. not a shot @ DCX, but it's lame as fuck when people run this for their offense because it's based on bad 2K AI, and it always looks the same:

1. ball handler dribbles straight in to a different defender (AI defender will always pause -- sometimes they even swipe for a steal)
2. ball handler lead passes to the offensive player that the second defender should be guarding
3. recipient of lead pass is always wide open if the lead pass is successful -- if the user switches to the defender who should be guarding him, there is a delay; you can't move that defender immediately.

there are multiple people who do this an absurd amount of times during a game, and there is at least one person who literally does this 9 out of 10 times down the court.

on the flip side, when you realize that a person is doing this the entire time, just switch to the defender before he gets ran in to by the ball handler. that's a perfectly acceptable situation to use off-ball d.

second bold: you gotta manually defend the wing on the fastbreak until your team is all the way back. the AI always sags and packs the paint, leaving the wing/corner3/pull up midrange shots open.

edit: yay, gt5 finally finished installing. IM OUT.

Smokey

do you have a wheel for gt5? i'm getting the game as soon as best buy opens tomorrow. see if you can set up a little 2k league and see how that works? i'm hyped to finally get to use my g27 to its full potential:D

Nightz

ecnal said:

the fuck is going on in here.

just got home with GT5 :)
the spot didn't have it nightz, a friend from scea sd hooked it up

vestal; im gonna install and probably disappear, so i may not be around later.
Boo. Ah well, my collector's edition is coming from Amazon tomorrow. :D

Also, Hornets are around to play.
Bulls
Nuggets
Suns
Magic

ecnal

Smokey said:
do you have a wheel for gt5? i'm getting the game as soon as best buy opens tomorrow. see if you can set up a little 2k league and see how that works? i'm hyped to finally get to use my g27 to its full potential:D

i have a g25, but it's in storage still from when i moved back to sd.

golding the b license tests first (about half way done) and then ill go online and see what's up.

to my opponents this week: i can play tomorrow.

is this week's deadline extended due to thanksgiving?

Smokey

charsace said:
Jazz around.

lets go

ecnal said:
i have a g25, but it's in storage still from when i moved back to sd.

golding the b license tests first (about half way done) and then ill go online and see what's up.

to my opponents this week: i can play tomorrow.

is this week's deadline extended due to thanksgiving?

Yes until Tuesday.

ecnal

Smokey said:
hunter hellooo....

:lol :lol :lol

hehiding.gif

god damn standard cars are... ya... i mean some of them are passable and then there are some that are on some PS1 shit. wtf.

Smokey said:
hunter hellooo....

tracy-mcgrady-back-injury-stretcher.jpg

Vestal

GG CB... I lost handle of things there in the 3rd, and you never looked back..

Anyone for a game?

Phoenix Suns
@ Orlando Magic
Utah Jazz

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nightz ill be online in about 20 mins if you want to play (i'm the suns)

also, check the madden thread!
Cool I'll be on. And I always check the Madden thread. Looks like the CPU will be screwing up my draft board because Tuesdays are bad for me. :(

Smokey

ecnal said:
god damn standard cars are... ya... i mean some of them are passable and then there are some that are on some PS1 shit. wtf.

Yeah this is what some dude said in the GT5 thread (I think he said PS2 though), of course GT Defense Force jumped on him, but that's pretty shitty that they look that bad.

gran-turismo-screenshot-1.jpg

never forget

ecnal

ya, i mean the worst ones remind me of GT3 :\

there are some that are essentially impossible to decipher while racing, and then there are some that look like an entire texture layer never got put on them or something -- they are also extremely jaggy/edgy.

really fuckin weird.

ecnal

charsace said:
I can play tomorrow and don't say shit.

charsace said:
Jazz around.

why you scared, bruh?

smokey: no league functionality that i can find. i assume the gaf league will create private lobbies every time and just race to an assigned point total. not really sure... the online portion is kinda confusing.

like the open lobby shit, this appears to be the "server browser" where you can join or create lobbies.

but there is also this community section that allows you to create a "lounge," which also looks like lobbies?

i have no fuckin idea. :lol

edit: just saw a 22b STi in the used car garage... shit looks good as fuck and it's a standard. i really have no idea why some look like trash and others are fine.

Nightz

FMT let's just shoot for tomorrow sometime. Been waiting in the lobby for 15 minutes and I feel like playing something else now. :lol If not tomorrow, I'll be back in town on Saturday.

Edit: And just as I type that, you sign on to Live. Let's go lol.

Top Bottom