• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Nightz

GG FMT. Couple of rough stretches for you in that game, but Nash was keeping you in it. CP3 came on strong after having a couple of sub par games. So close to a triple double!

Edit:
Bulls
Nuggets
Magic

I'll be around tomorrow, though I'm not sure how much since I'll have GT5. I'll be out of town from Thursday until Saturday afternoon.

i dont know what more i can do :lol :lol :lol :lol

1st Quarter
0:50 Bryant made a 3 point Jump Shot 6-2
1:32 Bryant missed a 2 point Jump Shot 6-4
2:09 Bryant made a 2 point Dunk 8-6
2:41 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 10-6
3:31 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 12-10
4:21 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 17-10
5:24 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 19-14
5:34 Bryant made a 2 point Dunk 21-14
7:02 Bryant missed a 2 point Jump Shot 21-14
8:39 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 28-16
9:55 Bryant missed a 3 point Jump Shot 28-20
2nd Quarter
16:09 Bryant made a 2 point Layup 39-30
17:37 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 43-32
18:22 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 45-32
19:12 Bryant missed a 2 point Jump Shot 45-34
19:30 Bryant made a 2 point Dunk 47-34
19:53 Bryant missed a 2 point Jump Shot 47-36
3rd Quarter
20:25 Bryant missed a 2 point Layup 47-36
21:25 Bryant made a 3 point Jump Shot 50-38
22:29 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 52-40
23:22 Bryant missed a 2 point Jump Shot 52-40
23:57 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 54-42
24:32 Bryant made a 2 point Dunk 56-43
26:46 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 63-45
27:08 Bryant made a 3 point Jump Shot 66-47
27:41 Bryant missed a 3 point Jump Shot 66-49
4th Quarter
31:57 Bryant missed a 2 point Layup 68-58
33:24 Bryant missed a 2 point Jump Shot 69-62
34:33 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 71-65
35:43 Bryant missed a 3 point Jump Shot 73-65
37:07 Bryant made a 2 point Jump Shot 77-70
37:44 Bryant made a 3 point Jump Shot 80-70
38:35 Bryant made a 3 point Jump Shot 83-72

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
vngi6w.gif

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
The patch is up on XBL.

EDIT: After 5 minutes of freestyle practice with Pierce, all I can say is, "ugh". The difference in his release points from different shots on the floor appears to be even greater than before, and if possible, seems like an overall later release than his already late release point.

grindgrindgrindgrind

I will say that the high-arching shots along the baseline (think Larry Bird shooting while falling out of bounds) are nice to have so that those shots aren't just bouncing off the side or backside of the backboard. Should be interesting to see how many players who have high baseline jumper tendencies/hotspots are able to hit that shot consistently. With the trajectory those shots take, they would seem to be pretty tough to block.

anachronous_one said:
The patch is up on XBL.

EDIT: After 5 minutes of freestyle practice with Pierce, all I can say is, "ugh". The difference in his release points from different shots on the floor appears to be even greater than before, and if possible, seems like an overall later release than his already late release point.

grindgrindgrindgrind

I will say that the high-arching shots along the baseline (think Larry Bird shooting while falling out of bounds) are nice to have so that those shots aren't just bouncing off the side or backside of the backboard. Should be interesting to see how many players who have high baseline jumper tendencies/hotspots are able to hit that shot consistently. With the trajectory those shots take, they would seem to be pretty tough to block.

Finally! Wade and Bosh hit the side of backboard like 3 times in my game with Bob. If one went in it would have helped :lol

Mrbob

ph33nix said:
Finally! Wade and Bosh hit the side of backboard like 3 times in my game with Bob. If one went in it would have helped :lol

This is why you take it strong to the hoop like I did with Westbrook when I dunked over softy Bosh with 2 seconds to tie the game and force OT! :D

Smokey

Mrbob said:
This is why you take it strong to the hoop like I did with Westbrook when I dunked over softy Bosh with 2 seconds to tie the game and force OT! :D

and you are proud of this?

same old bob!

Play your games brahs! 2 weeks left until playoffs where shit WILL hit the fan, every game counts don't leave it up to the 2k Simulator and the possibility of getting fucked and people posting umad 20x!

Mrbob

Sorry I can't sit just out of the paint with one of my guys and constantly shoot over everyone for easy close jumpers all game long while keeping my PiP numbers down at the same time. :D

ecnal

Smokey said:
and you are proud of this?

same old bob!

Play your games brahs! 2 weeks left until playoffs where shit WILL hit the fan, every game counts don't leave it up to the 2k Simulator and the possibility of getting fucked and people posting umad 20x!

i know someone who is going to very mad when they see their first round matchup.

league memo: get as many umad.jpgs as you can, cause it will be delicious, and you definitely dont want to miss out.

Ferny

@ New York Knicks
@ Washington Wizards
Dallas Mavericks

Im good for the better part of the day. Anyone on for a game in the next half hour or so?

Mrbob

ecnal said:
i know someone who is going to very mad when they see their first round matchup.

:lol

Hunting for Hunter! Makes me happy because I don't want to see you in the first round again!

Vestal

ecnal said:

league memo: get as many umad.jpgs as you can, cause it will be delicious, and you definitely dont want to miss out.

Ecnal game tonight?

ecnal

ya. what time?

i'm also hearing that the fixed big man vertical might have been too extreme?

people complaining like crazy on 2K forums that other bigs (Hibbert, Bynum, Gasol, etc) are not even jumping for rebounds that they should be...

can anyone confirm?

edit: looks like you're also on to something anachronous; people are saying that releases have been significantly changed.

Smokey

Ferny73 said:
@ New York Knicks
@ Washington Wizards
Dallas Mavericks

Im good for the better part of the day. Anyone on for a game in the next half hour or so?

see, and faze complains about people not getting at him for games, let's see how long this sits here!

aha suckers. complaining about yao jumping now all of you others with decent bigs will suffer the same fate

guy on 2ksports forums said:
Yeah, online...you no longer have to compensate for input lag. It feels much like offline shot releases.

looks like for online play you release the button later (which makes since because some releases all i had to do was tap the button online to get green feedback, even if it wasn't consistent with the jumpshot animation). off line play looks like you release it earlier...so the release points between the two may have been switched:lol !

DCX

DCX
Ferny73 said:
@ New York Knicks
@ Washington Wizards
Dallas Mavericks

I can play in like an hour.

DCX

Birdman02

ecnal said:
ya. what time?

i'm also hearing that the fixed big man vertical might have been too extreme?

people complaining like crazy on 2K forums that other bigs (Hibbert, Bynum, Gasol, etc) are not even jumping for rebounds that they should be...

can anyone confirm?

edit: looks like you're also on to something anachronous; people are saying that releases have been significantly changed.

I just played a game in my other league during my lunch break, and releases have definitely been changed....didn't really notice anything weird on verticals though. The 1st qtr score in the game was 7-6...we both shot around 35%. It took a couple of qtrs to get used to it, but I still ended up shooting 50% for the game.

Smokey

guy on 2ksports forums said:
Yeah, online...you no longer have to compensate for input lag. It feels much like offline shot releases.

looks like for online play you release the button later (which makes since because some releases all i had to do was tap the button online to get green feedback, even if it wasn't consistent with the jumpshot animation). off line play looks like you release it earlier...

Mrbob

I hope this helps fix my issues with Harden. I can hit shots regularly with him offline but I keep on clanking wide open shots online.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
I hope this helps fix my issues with Harden. I can hit shots regularly with him offline but I keep on clanking wide open shots online.

nothing will help you. patch won't help durantula choking on wide open jumpshots in crunch time when he's been hitting them all game:D

ecnal

WITNESS2K9 said:
i remember i had D Wade's shot perfect in 2k9, Chars knows all about that :lol :lol :lol

95 to 54 in the third?!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

god damn, is hunter everyone's punching bag?

DCX

DCX
Ferny73 said:
@ New York Knicks
@ Washington Wizards
Dallas Mavericks

You around bro?

DCX

Birdman02

Sacramento Kings
@ Portland Blazers
Atlanta Hawks
@ San Antonio Spurs
Chicago Bulls

Home from work a little early. Any of you guys around now?

Birdman02 said:
Sacramento Kings
@ Portland Blazers
Atlanta Hawks
@ San Antonio Spurs
Chicago Bulls

Home from work a little early. Any of you guys around now?

None of these guys are on live right now (not that I can see) Do you wanna play me until they show up?

Birdman02

Wow, the release timing is different for just about every Maverick. I don't think I had a single green light release in the ~qtr I played against pheenix (thanks to 2 network errors).

Birdman02 said:
Wow, the release timing is different for just about every Maverick. I don't think I had a single green light release in the ~qtr I played against pheenix (thanks to 2 network errors).

yeah I'm about to scrim someone else. let's hope this isn't a bitch....

daw840

Philadelphia 76ers - No Owner
@ Boston Celtics - Cloudy
New Orleans Hornets - Nightz
@ New York Knicks - DCX
@ Washington Wizards - Dark Faze

Let me know what your schedule looks like.

Top Bottom