• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

ecnal

Birdman02 said:
Wow, the release timing is different for just about every Maverick. I don't think I had a single green light release in the ~qtr I played against pheenix (thanks to 2 network errors).

so do the releases feel better or look better -- or something?

i'm confused why 2K would just randomly change releases of every player unless there were some gameplay improvements....

daw840

ecnal said:

i'm confused why 2K would just randomly change releases of every player unless there were some gameplay improvements....

Melo is totally different. Everything is a later release point. Seems like every player I tried to shoot with was a red early shot

Birdman02

ecnal said:

They all seem to look the same...just the timing seems to be much later. I guess it's closer to the offline timing, but I don't understand why they felt that needed to be done.

ecnal

rofl this patch is fucking garbage.

i knew it was too good to be true when 2K11 was playing so well.

obvious problems that should have been easily seen when testing this thing:

- defensive 3 seconds, WTF?! im playing on our league settings vs the CPU and in the first quarter ALONE there have been 5 called. in my quick game w/ ph33nix, we had one called right off the bat as well.

- lol way to fix spin dunks 2K. spin dunks just turn in to contact shots which have an extremely high draw foul rate. sweet, so instead of spin dunking we get a FT fest.

- lol @ these releases. online is quite literally half a second to a second longer than offline releases now -- making it impossible to time releases. it's way easier to release everything slightly shorter for online rather than having to hold it longer.

- passing somehow got worse. i really liked the vanilla passing, but now there are times where i'm saying, "how the fuck is this guy telegraphing my passes." defenders with their back to the ball INSTANTLY turn around and steal passes in certain situations now -- specifically fast break scenarios and other situations where the D isn't completely set.

- and what the fuck is with these insane shot blocks. i've beat my man and they get a block from behind that should be like a 1/100 block success rate. i mean i've blown by my guy, the paint is open, the game puts me in to a dunk animation, and the defender swats from behind and blocks it now?

thanks 2K, keep up the great fucking work.

oh ya, online doesn't work either. every game disconnects in the 1st Q. Happy Thanksgiving. :lol

charsace

Shot releases were screwed up online. Makes it easier for people to block your jumper. Three seconds gets called more on both sides. Only thing I like is how defensive bumping is harder to do. Still didn't lose a ranked match though. Players hands seem to be better? I caught more alleys in traffic today.

ecnal

charsace said:
The longer releases make it easier to block jumpers. Why did they change it

the worst part is the animations are no longer in 100% sync with the releases. some players look fine and other players look weird now. stuckey has this fucked up hitch now to get a perfect release. it looks bad compared to his pre-patch release.

i mean the animations look EXACTLY the same as pre-patch, but now the releases are longer.

i'd much rather have spin dunks in the game and go back to vanilla than the few minor positive fixes that have been implemented w/ the patch.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This is like the irony of the century.

2k finally gets it mostly right and they go and ruin it post patch

ecnal

well, it wont be terrible once we figure out the new release timing.

outside of that there are really only a handful of issues:

- defensive 3
- insane blocks from behind that should never happen. also just too many blocks in general now due to the long releases (as hunter pointed out).
- extreme amount of fouls called due to new contact shots (see: spin dunk fix)

i dunno, i may have overreacted on the passing bit. versus the CPU it's insane what they pick off now, but it wasn't overly awful versus daw--although he threw a ton of interceptions, maybe he can chime in on that.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Sorry to anyone who was looking for me (Kings), was out of commission last night. Someone tried to send me a PM but my inbox was full. I might have time for a game tonight (do want to crack open Alan Wake though), but this might be a hard couple nights for me in general. Is there any way to set my team on "autopilot" for the week to let folks just get their games in, or is that not an option in 2K?

Smokey

AtlusAram said:
Sorry to anyone who was looking for me (Kings), was out of commission last night. Someone tried to send me a PM but my inbox was full. I might have time for a game tonight (do want to crack open Alan Wake though), but this might be a hard couple nights for me in general. Is there any way to set my team on "autopilot" for the week to let folks just get their games in, or is that not an option in 2K?

don't worry 2k is messed up right now anyways :/

ecnal

fuck it, i'm moving this shit on since, at this rate, the draft wont even finish before the season is over.

1- Bulls - Null
2- Spurs - Larry Hughes
3- Celtics- Null
4- Kings- Null
5- Blazers - Null
6- TWolves - Adam Morrison (lol was he serious?) Dropping Maurice Ager
7- Pistons - On the clock
8- Grizz
9- Clippers
10- Thunder
11- Heat
12- Nuggets
13- Suns
14- Hawks
15- Knicks
16- Mavs
17- Jazz
18- Hornets
19- Magic
20- Lakers
21- Wizards
22- Rockets

DCX

vestal you're up

daw840

Sorry I have been MIA for the last couple hours. That shit pisses me off beyond belief. I was kicking ass at this game, and now they basically change the one most fundamental part of the game. The fucking shot timing. I was really stoked about this season, I improved exponentially this year to where I am actually competing with the best players in the league. Now, they completely fuck with everything and I basically have to start from scratch again. This angers me almost to the point of the 2k10 debacle....

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Sorry I have been MIA for the last couple hours. That shit pisses me off beyond belief. I was kicking ass at this game, and now they basically change the one most fundamental part of the game. The fucking shot timing. I was really stoked about this season, I improved exponentially this year to where I am actually competing with the best players in the league. Now, they completely fuck with everything and I basically have to start from scratch again. This angers me almost to the point of the 2k10 debacle....
wanna play?

DCX

Nightz

Wow, I was excited that I got off work early so that I could get my games in and this happens. I don't think I'll touch the game until I get back from out of town on Saturday.

Vestal

I was going to select Flip 2 my lou.. However...

With the 7th pick in the draft, the Detroit Pistons select Darren Collins from the Indiana Pacers :D

kicking to the curb Terrico White

This is assuming we can canibalize unused teams as they show up on the FA page

ecnal

Vestal said:
I was going to select Flip 2 my lou.. However...

With the 7th pick in the draft, the Detroit Pistons select Darren Collins from the Indiana Pacers :D

kicking to the curb Terrico White

This is assuming we can canibalize unused teams as they show up on the FA page

has to be from the list of real FA's, can't be from a non-used team.

Top Bottom