• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Vestal

ecnal said:
has to be from the list of real FA's, can't be from a non-used team.

Skip to my lou then...

GG FMT... Although you were getting all the freaking calls the entire game, it got frustrating.. and OMG they really screwed up Turkeygloos shot. Redick is retarded shooting..

As far as shooting goes. I don't mind having to adjust.. but it didnt appear to be consistant on the timing.

I don't even want to talk about Stephen jackson. My leading scorer goes 3-21... FUCKING 2k

ecnal

1- Bulls - Null
2- Spurs - Larry Hughes
3- Celtics- Null
4- Kings- Null
5- Blazers - Null
6- TWolves - Adam Morrison (lol was he serious?) Drop: Maurice Ager
7- Pistons - Rafer Alston -- Drop:
8- Grizz - ON THE CLOCK
9- Clippers
10- Thunder
11- Heat
12- Nuggets
13- Suns
14- Hawks
15- Knicks
16- Mavs
17- Jazz
18- Hornets
19- Magic
20- Lakers
21- Wizards
22- Rockets

DCX

vestal, you have to choose a player to drop -- rafer will replace that guy.

FT attempts are going to be higher in most games from now on -- there are just a ton of new contact animations that seem to have extremely high chances to draw a foul.

the releases are just fucking bad. i swear some of them you have to hold the release longer than the player's animation -- aka the player reaches the peak of his jump and a perfect release is now once that player is on his way down.

Vestal

ecnal said:
vestal, you have to choose a player to drop -- rafer will replace that guy.

FT attempts are going to be higher in most games from now on -- there are just a ton of new contact animations that seem to have extremely high chances to draw a foul.

the releases are just fucking bad. i swear some of them you have to hold the release longer than the player's animation -- aka the player reaches the peak of his jump and a perfect release is now once that player is on his way down.

I'll release white

omgomgomgomg just two more picks PLEASE DON'T TAKE CHRIS QUINN!!!

and Damon Jones is a 44? He's still in the league? :lol

if both ricky davis and smush are available when we're all done can i get them both?
I want the most cancerous team in the league.

ecnal

1- Bulls - Null
2- Spurs - Larry Hughes
3- Celtics- Null
4- Kings- Null
5- Blazers - Null
7- Pistons - Rafer Alston -- Drop: White
8- Grizz - Jarvis Hayes -- Drop: Haddadi
9- Clippers - on the clock
10- Thunder
11- Heat
12- Nuggets
13- Suns
14- Hawks
15- Knicks
16- Mavs
17- Jazz
18- Hornets
19- Magic
20- Lakers
21- Wizards
22- Rockets

DCX

i see people talking about seeing their shot meter online, how can i turn that on for an online league game? i think that may help me with my shooting problems.

although my game last night against vestal was my best shooting percentage in about 10 games.... and it was still like 37% :lol vestal missed a bunch of gimmes though which is why i won :(

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i see people talking about seeing their shot meter online, how can i turn that on for an online league game? i think that may help me with my shooting problems.

although my game last night against vestal was my best shooting percentage in about 10 games.... and it was still like 37% :lol vestal missed a bunch of gimmes though which is why i won :(
Offline in your setting it's under presentation. Turn it on and it stays on even for league games.

DCX

Vestal said:
Skip to my lou then...

GG FMT... Although you were getting all the freaking calls the entire game, it got frustrating.. and OMG they really screwed up Turkeygloos shot. Redick is retarded shooting..

As far as shooting goes. I don't mind having to adjust.. but it didnt appear to be consistant on the timing.

I don't even want to talk about Stephen jackson. My leading scorer goes 3-21... FUCKING 2k

yeah i definitely got all the foul calls that game. i like that they increased the foul calls because you actually get FT's now. although maybe it was more that i was trying to drive to the lane instead of shooting all outside shots like i normally do....

gg though

ecnal said:
1- Bulls - Null
2- Spurs - Larry Hughes
3- Celtics- Null
4- Kings- Null
5- Blazers - Null
9- Clippers - on the clock
10- Thunder
11- Heat
12- Nuggets
13- Suns
14- Hawks
15- Knicks
16- Mavs
17- Jazz
18- Hornets
19- Magic
20- Lakers
21- Wizards
22- Rockets

im taking Tim Thomas and droppin Willie Warren

nba_g_thomas_395.jpg

ecnal

1- Bulls - Null
2- Spurs - Larry Hughes
3- Celtics- Null
4- Kings- Null
5- Blazers - Null
9- Clippers - Tim Thomas -- Drop: Willie Warren
10- Thunder - on the clock
11- Heat
12- Nuggets
13- Suns
14- Hawks
15- Knicks
16- Mavs
17- Jazz
18- Hornets
19- Magic
20- Lakers
21- Wizards
22- Rockets

daw840

Philadelphia 76ers - No Owner
@ Boston Celtics - Cloudy
New Orleans Hornets - Nightz
@ New York Knicks - DCX
@ Washington Wizards - Dark Faze

Anyone around? Preferably someone on my schedule but I would take a scrim too.

Smokey

daw840 said:
@ New York Knicks - DCX

Anyone around? Preferably someone on my schedule but I would take a scrim too.

turkey day!

Vestal

GG DCX.. First time I beat a good player and it was a scrim lol.. As far as record wise hehehe don't wana diss anyone =)

Thats I think one of the better games Ive played.. Everyone that was in the game for me had atleast 6 points.

Got a bit scared there at the end, you were making an awesome run and I couldn't buy a basket.

DCX

DCX
Vestal said:
GG DCX.. First time I beat a good player and it was a scrim lol.. As far as record wise hehehe don't wana diss anyone =)

Thats I think one of the better games Ive played.. Everyone that was in the game for me had atleast 6 points.

Got a bit scared there at the end, you were making an awesome run and I couldn't buy a basket.
Yeah, GG. THe sig shots are def changed a bit. Especially FTs :( You did play very well, i was going to jump that last screen that freed up Jax but i didn't want to leave Williams open for a dagger so i hoped the defender would work through the screen, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Wanna run it?

DCX

Vestal

DCX said:
Yeah, GG. THe sig shots are def changed a bit. Especially FTs :( You did play very well, i was going to jump that last screen that freed up Jax but i didn't want to leave Williams open for a dagger so i hoped the defender would work through the screen, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Wanna run it?

DCX

I could in a few.. gota give the baby her medicine though.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
anybody wanna scrim? haven't played since the patch hit.
Good luck..it's a rough 3 qrts..i started to get it down the 4th but i was so completely off my game i just couldn't sustain :/

DCX

Vestal

Im gona go do the dishes, and see if they get fixed if they do DCX we can rescrim or I can scrim you SMokey.

Vestal

DCX said:
Its back

DCX

GG bro.. Im seriously having some issues keeping a defender on your man. It feels like they tweaked movement a bit here.

I really went away from my inside game and that hurt be tonz.. last game I had 33 in the paint this game only 14.

DCX

DCX
Vestal said:
GG bro.. Im seriously having some issues keeping a defender on your man. It feels like they tweaked movement a bit here.

I really went away from my inside game and that hurt be tonz.. last game I had 33 in the paint this game only 14.
Jaxx can't be stopped. I made some adjustments with the mix of zone and man. I was playing you to shoot more than the paint, i saw you had alot of what i like to call sure buckets.

If i was going to lose this game it will be via Air Raid, but your pilots never left the hanger :p

DCX

Smokey

i played like a qtr against pheeniks...i don't see what the big deal is(just talking about shooting)? If anything the shooting feels closer to offline now than before since you have to hold it a little bit longer.

the game did disconnect though...

i have played 4 ranked games online...seems like you hold the shoot button a lot longer, but sometimes, its easy to block.....and Jr Smith is trash online.... wide open corner 3, perfect release...misses every time for me :lol

I just picked up 2K11 today at Walmart with their Black Friday deals (only $29!). I played a couple of games and I absolutely suck! :lol

What's the learning curve like if I want to get decent enough to play online? I've played basketball sim games before but I haven't played a 2K game since Ben Wallace was on the cover....

What's the skill level like of those of you playing in the GAF league?

DCX

DCX
The Chosen One said:
I just picked up 2K11 today at Walmart with their Black Friday deals (only $29!). I played a couple of games and I absolutely suck! :lol

What's the learning curve like if I want to get decent enough to play online? I've played basketball sim games before but I haven't played a 2K game since Ben Wallace was on the cover....

What's the skill level like of those of you playing in the GAF league?
From Godlike (me) to infantile ( Smokey)

DCX

LukeSmith

In theory, the patch should've nerfed Yao and should alleviate some of what irked me about the game - offline/online differences, I'll have to check it out

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
In theory, the patch should've nerfed Yao and should alleviate some of what irked me about the game - offline/online differences, I'll have to check it out
It has helped. You should try it out again.

DCX

I suggest that we postpone league advance until Tuesday...nobody has played this shit since patch/thanksgiving and to be honest I don't intend on playing much until next week.

daw840

@ New York Knicks - DCX

Well, I am around for a few hours right now so if anyone is around and wants to play, let me know.

daw840

You ready of what? I gotta clean my house at some point today...

edit: Son of a bitch. Tonight's not gonna work. People are coming over.

daw840

Is anyone except pheeknicks around for a scrim? I have tried to play him 3-4 times since the patch and it always disconnects in the first. I tried to play ecnal and it DCed at half time. I have yet to play a league game or scrim that lasted the whole game....

Top Bottom