• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Just so it's not lost on the last page...

Birdman/Mavs --- shoot me a message on XBL when you're on, or post here. I'll be on XBL waiting to get our game in. :)

Nightz

GG man. JR Smith and Carmelo are ridiculous.

I don't think I did too bad with shooting considering this was my first time playing post-patch. I think the tweaks they made to passing screwed me over more than the shooting. Lots of tipped passes and my players running behind defenders as I was passing to them. One more turnover and CP3 would have had a triple double. :lol

ecnal

1- Bulls - Null
2- Spurs - Larry Hughes
3- Celtics- Null
4- Kings- Null
5- Blazers - Null
6- TWolves - Adam Morrison (lol was he serious?) Drop: Maurice Ager
7- Pistons - Rafer Alston -- Drop: White
8- Grizz - Jarvis Hayes -- Drop: Haddadi
9- Clippers - Tim Thomas -- Drop: Willie Warren
10- Thunder - null
11- Heat - Erica Dampier -- Drop: Pittman
12- Nuggets - null
13- Suns - null
14- Hawks - Rashard McCants -- Drop: Collins
15- Knicks - Antonio Daniels -- Drop: Andy Routins
16- Mavs- Null
17- Jazz- null
18- Hornets - null
19- Magic - Finley -- Drop: Orton
20- Lakers - null
21- Wizards - on clock
22- Rockets

Vestal

GG Char.. FREAKING HEART BREAKER In and out on that shot for the Tie *sigh*.

BTW next time atleast send me a message please.. I had to extend the timer and I had no clue if you were coming back.

ecnal

1- Bulls - Null
2- Spurs - Larry Hughes -- Drop: Bonner
3- Celtics- Null
4- Kings- Null
5- Blazers - Null
6- TWolves - Adam Morrison (lol was he serious?) Drop: Maurice Ager
7- Pistons - Rafer Alston -- Drop: White
8- Grizz - Jarvis Hayes -- Drop: Haddadi
9- Clippers - Tim Thomas -- Drop: Willie Warren
10- Thunder - null
11- Heat - Erica Dampier -- Drop: Pittman
12- Nuggets - null
13- Suns - null
14- Hawks - Rashard McCants -- Drop: Collins
15- Knicks - Antonio Daniels -- Drop: Andy Routins
16- Mavs- Null
17- Jazz- null
18- Hornets - null
19- Magic - Finley -- Drop: Malik Allen
20- Lakers - null
21- Wizards - mike james -- drop: Seraphin
22- Rockets - null

draft is done.

smokey will add/drop players tomorrow.

ecnal

Vestal said:
Advance happening?

later tonight.

Shurs said:
I thought we were going two rounds.

i dont give a shit, so if smokey doesn't care we can probably do another round.

however, there's absolutely no way in hell we're gonna do it in order -- the regular season would be almost over if we did it that way again.

maybe people can just throw out who they want...

let smokey decide if we're doing 2 rounds though.

DCX

DCX
ecnal said:
later tonight.

i dont give a shit, so if smokey doesn't care we can probably do another round.

however, there's absolutely no way in hell we're gonna do it in order -- the regular season would be almost over if we did it that way again.

maybe people can just throw out who they want...

let smokey decide if we're doing 2 rounds though.
IMO, who ever wants, can have..

DCX

ph33nix said:
yeah i'm not gonna be mad if someone drops some scrub for another scrub

K just don't be mad when Mike James styles on you.

act_mike_james.jpg

DCX

DCX
At this point the better teams have rotations in place, FAs aren't going to make the rotation..they might get a few minutes but not avg no more than 10 min a game.

DCX

DCX

DCX
dboythaGr8: Tell the league to cut down on the alley's (fastbreak is fine)..in certain play sets it is A.I. abuse. A play or so is fine, but the abuse of them in the half court sets needs to stop OR losses can be handed out :)

On that note, due to our research and mod team the use of 12 alley is prohibited from now on

Note from the nomad that is our commish.

DCX

ecnal

banning plays is a slippery slope my friends.

i can name a handful of plays off the top of my head that always put defenders into irrecoverable animations due to a screen.

charsace

DCX said:
Note from the nomad that is our commish.

DCX
WTF I didn't know that there were abusable alley plays? So now when I see an Alley off the PnR I can't throw it? I rarely throw them, but really don't want to lose the game if happen to complete a few alleys in the half court.

Yeah seriously come on wtf

I've run that play and its failed way more than its succeeded. Sometimes the screen doesn't work, someone deflects it..

wow

Birdman02

So how is the 12 alley any worse than the ridiculous number of plays that lead to wide open shots 90-95% of the time due to the defender getting stuck on a screen?

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
So how is the 12 alley any worse than the ridiculous number of plays that lead to wide open shots 90-95% of the time due to the defender getting stuck on a screen?
In the NBA screens work, sometimes they don't but i have never seen a team run an alley opp play and complete it 7-8 times a game. NEVER. I have seen teams run screens to free up shooters and it work 7 times a game. We all have plays that run shooters off screens.

Wizards run one for Nick Young, Heat with Miller, Mavs with Dirk, Knicks with Crawford, Rockets with Bud.

DCX

ecnal

Birdman02 said:

my point exactly.

Nightz

I think I saw that alley oop play about 10 times in my game against daw yesterday. It was how JR Smith got a bunch of his points. There was nothing I could do to stop it. Not like daw was abusing it every single play, but after the 3rd or 4th time I realized that it was unstoppable.

Birdman02

Last season, the Mavs started at least 10 games in a row with a play that looked almost exactly like the 12 alley with Roddy B and Dirk, and it worked every single time. Either Roddy got the alley, or Dirk got a wide open shot.

I don't even throw that many alley oops...maybe 1-2 per game in the half court, and those usually come off a PnR with Chandler.

I've seen a bunch of guys run the same play 8-10 times in a game. Just because this one is an alley-oop doesn't make it any worse as far as "AI abuse" goes.

charsace

His alley's banned or is the 12 alley play banned? If so there are 2 pick plays in the knicks playbook that need to be banned too.

And too bad I didn't know about the play when we played nightz. :D

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
dboythaGr8: THAT particular play is banned...ball screens are different they happen all the time..the repeated use of a play like 12 alley does not and has been demonstarted to be highly successful..it's gone..it's one play if you're that dependent on one play you might be doing it wrong
dboythaGr8: i didn't say there couldn't be alleys thrown in the halfcourt, all i said is cut down on them and THAT particular play is banned

DCX

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
His alley's banned or is the 12 alley play banned? If so there are 2 pick plays in the knicks playbook that need to be banned too.

And too bad I didn't know about the play when we played nightz. :D
Amar'e gets his buckets from the post or jumpers. I doubt i have thrown Amar'e an alley all season :/

DCX

Vestal

@ Los Angeles Clippers
Houston Rockets
@ Charlotte Bobcats
@ Miami Heat
Boston Celtics

Since we advance tonight.. Any of you available to game at around 11-11:30est?

Smokey

charsace said:
Not just for you. The 2 plays I am talking about should be banned period.

can you play now

if you can play get on AIM throughout the evening or whatever. I'm getting off of here I was supposed to be banned and blackace said ok, but obviously I'm not :/

charsace

Smokey said:
can you play now

if you can play get on AIM throughout the evening or whatever. I'm getting off of here I was supposed to be banned and blackace said ok, but obviously I'm not :/
I can play tonight. Thought you were running.

Top Bottom