• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

DCX

DCX
What a fucking cheese fest by Hunter...zig, zagging motherfucker...when the chips is down...zig zag

DCX

charsace

DCX said:
What a fucking cheese fest by Hunter...zig, zagging motherfucker...when the chips is down...zig zag

DCX
I cut your lead before I started the iso. You stole my inbounds and blocked 7 jumpers and it was only midway through the 2nd because of the patch making jumpers late..

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
I cut your lead before I started the iso. You stole my inbounds and blocked 7 jumpers and it was only midway through the 2nd because of the patch making jumpers late..
AK stole the inbounds, not me. I had Felton, i blocked 7 jumpers?!?! That mean to zig zag me for an entire qrt? Fuck you man, Knick fan or not that was total bullshit. It feels good though that you had to resort to that shit, makes me know you can't beat me straight up.

Enjoy the bs victory.

DCX

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
are we going to get zig zagging banned in the league now?
It really should be if people have to resort to shit like that to score. I mean seriously, everytime down the court. No semblance of offense...just run..stop, run and stop, run into other players, run out and shoot. Rinse and repeat.

DCX

DCX said:
It really should be if people have to resort to shit like that to score. I mean seriously, everytime down the court. No semblance of offense...just run..stop, run and stop, run into other players, run out and shoot. Rinse and repeat.

DCX

We're not 12 years old and we're not at your house with house rules to play games the way you think they should be played...and I can't believe I'm taking Hunter's side here. You already got 12 alley banned (even though it's stoppable and there are plenty of other 'abusable' plays) and it seems like you think if people don't play the way you that it's bad.

DCX

DCX
You know what, you're right. Amar'e unleashed for the rest of the season. I don't even care if he scores 100 points in the paint.

DCX

charsace

lol jesus christ. A lot of you guys run the same abusive plays that always get the same guys open no matter what the pressure is and I never cry about them. Even ran one of the knicks plays that always gets one of the pickers a layup if you know what you are doing.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
You know what, you're right. Amar'e unleashed for the rest of the season. I don't even care if he scores 100 points in the paint.

DCX

OFFICE%2520KEVIN%2520KOOL%2520AID.jpg

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Do you ever bring anything intelligent to the conversation. You seem to be one of those internet loud mouths who would hide if a fight ever broke out. When do you wanna play?

I prefer alley opps and zig zags please.

DCX

GG FMT.

@ Jazz
Magic

I'm sure I'll get something together with Ecnal. Chars we gotta establish a date. Maybe around this time tomorrow.

People were dumb to skip out on Mike James...he be stylin...

ecnal

DCX said:

DCX

zyjafm.gif

Dark FaZe said:
People were dumb to skip out on Mike James...he be stylin...

4/11, stylin.

lets get our game in over the weekend -- much easier for me to fit games in then.

charsace said:
lol jesus christ. A lot of you guys run the same abusive plays that always get the same guys open no matter what the pressure is and I never cry about them. Even ran one of the knicks plays that always gets one of the pickers a layup if you know what you are doing.

DCX said:
Do you ever bring anything intelligent to the conversation. You seem to be one of those internet loud mouths who would hide if a fight ever broke out. When do you wanna play?

I prefer alley opps and zig zags please.

DCX
moar please.
2enn7f9.gif

daw840

Wow, I can't even believe I am saying this, but I agree with Hunter too (puke). Learn how to play better defense. Get to the side of zig zagging people. Sag off and knock the alley pass down to stop 12 alley, or just rub the SG a little with some off ball defense when he is cutting towards the basket. Or maybe you just have is all fooled and have found the best defense is just whining to the commish enough to get plays you can't stop banned.

DCX

DCX
It's fine. Cheese to your hearts.content. its our job to stop cheese. Have fun fellas. We are forced to play on ball D. I guess if being cheesed its ok to play off the ball D to stop said plays.

It's all good. I'm taking the brunt of the alley play yet I wasn't the first to complain. That's what a co commish does. Daw, play your game. I'd hate to see Smith have another 3-15 day without the alley. Hunter, do your thing. Next time ill double him all the way up the court with an off defender.

Moving on.

DCX

the reason why ive been losing games is because early on i didnt wanna cheese with Griffin... he only takes like 5 shots a game...maybe i should be a little more selfish with him:lol :lol :lol :lol

Mrbob

DCX keeps on firing shots. :lol

What is 12 Alley?

Witness you gotta feed the big man. I played this game like college ball at first too, but now I'm running with my big dogs in games. It is the NBA gotta rely on your scorers. Stop them first before I go to my secondary players.

daw840

DCX said:
It's fine. Cheese to your hearts.content. its our job to stop cheese. Have fun fellas. We are forced to play on ball D. I guess if being cheesed its ok to play off the ball D to stop said plays.

It's all good. I'm taking the brunt of the alley play yet I wasn't the first to complain. That's what a co commish does. Daw, play your game. I'd hate to see Smith have another 3-15 day without the alley. Hunter, do your thing. Next time ill double him all the way up the court with an off defender.

Moving on.

DCX
It's funny how phoenix seemed to have no problem stopping the play, its ok if you don't feel like you're as skilled as him.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
It's funny how phoenix seemed to have no problem stopping the play, its ok if you don't feel like you're as skilled as him.
Ask him how skilled I am. Especially playoff time.

Witness. Use you pips. Griffin should beast. I sorry to much about abusing the paint. I got away from Amare to early and end up being way under my pip limit.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
Ask him how skilled I am. Especially playoff time.

Witness. Use you pips. Griffin should beast. I sorry to much about abusing the paint. I got away from Amare to early and end up being way under my pip limit.

DCX
Look man, I'll be honest. It pisses me off because I didn't specifically go out with that play because it was cheese. I liked how the play ran, I played it offline for a while, then I played 3 or 4 scrims against pheenix and literally ran that play every time down the court. I ended up perfecting that play then when I start using it in league play everyone gets all butthurt about it and its banned. It's not that its cheese, its that it appears to be because I am good at it. When I know its not gonna work I dump to someone else on the court, when its obvious its going to work I throw it up and JR jams it home. That's why its hard to stop. Not a problem with the play itself.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Look man, I'll be honest. It pisses me off because I didn't specifically go out with that play because it was cheese. I liked how the play ran, I played it offline for a while, then I played 3 or 4 scrims against pheenix and literally ran that play every time down the court. I ended up perfecting that play then when I start using it in league play everyone gets all butthurt about it and its banned. It's not that its cheese, its that it appears to be because I am good at it. When I know its not gonna work I dump to someone else on the court, when its obvious its going to work I throw it up and JR jams it home. That's why its hard to stop. Not a problem with the play itself.
It's a good play because its hard to detect. You can see a screen a mile away and most of us shadow it. This alley play is disguised soooo well that unless you knew about it before hand there is hardly any defense for it. You just said you practiced with phee 3-4 games with nothing but that play, gee no wonder phee knows how to stop it.

I'm done debating this really. You did a great job finding a money play. Like in madden. Sure , you might not use it 100% of the time and sure it may not work 100% of the time but you know if you need a.bucket to stop a run, or extend a lead its your go to.

Melo is hard to stop with good defense but Jr going old school Shaq is grating especially when it takes advantage of the off ball AI defenders. With the on ball mandate this league has, it makes off ball AI issues that much more frustrating.

People argue what's the difference between a screen that abuses off the ball AI or an alleyhoop play that does the same? Well, its hard to argue that with a basic answer other than the flow of a basketball game.

Screens for shooters are common place. I have never seen D12 , shawn Kemp or any freak big man get 7-8 alleys a game rather than a 6'5 sg that is a gunner. Something about that is wrong. If the man ducking was nene eh I guess.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Either way, I'm done speaking about it. If Smokey wants to reverse the banning talk to him.

Knicks can play tonight after 10pm est

DCX

daw840

It's alright, I'll just practice the shit out if another play and everyone will think its unstoppable too then it will be banned. Either way you will still lose to the nuggets.

DCX

DCX
Awww its nice to see you and phee make a little clubhouse together, swapping Wii codes and eating pb and j. We will see if either of you make it out of the first round.

DCX

daw840

:lol
Too bad smoke is not available for scrims, that's who I played almost daily until his school stuff was done...I just used pheenix as basically an online practice mode...

Lol

ecnal

daw840 said:
Too bad smoke is not available for scrims, that's who I played almost daily until his school stuff was done...I just used pheenix as basically an online practice mode...

Lol

i like you.

DCX said:
I'm done debating this really. You did a great job finding a money play. Like in madden. Sure , you might not use it 100% of the time and sure it may not work 100% of the time but you know if you need a.bucket to stop a run, or extend a lead its your go to.

i'm sorry, but 12 alley is not a money play -- granted i've only played daw for ~24 minutes.

he ran the play mutliple times and was only successful the first time. that play is (a) unbelievably easy to see coming (regardless of the camera perspective) and (b) it's easy to defend by either setting your center to sag off the opposing center or manually controling your center and jumping as the pass is thrown -- both of these are basic defensive fundamentals in this game.

i'll agree there are unstoppable plays in this game, but most of those are sets that have shooters running off of multiple screens for an uncontested shot/layup. those plays may be basketball orientend and "realistic," but there are plays that will literally always put defenders into irrecoverable animations and the shooter will always have a wide open shot or lane to the hoop. those kind of plays are based off of exploiting bad defensive AI and animation scripts -- 12 alley is nothing more than a single down-screen with the SG diving to the hoop.

12 Alley was a cheese play but I was going to immediately put it into my playbook after I played Daw. I simply don't score enough PIP. You don't HAVE to alley it to be successful, you can pass right into it. It's an instant cut right down the middle with almost no signal that it's coming. Instant penetration ;)

But it's banned now so whatever.

charsace

DCX said:

Moving on.

DCX
And I will still tap that ass.

ecnal

Dark FaZe said:
12 Alley was a cheese play but I was going to immediately put it into my playbook after I played Daw. I simply don't score enough PIP. You don't HAVE to alley it to be successful, you can pass right into it. It's an instant cut right down the middle with almost no signal that it's coming. Instant penetration ;)

But it's banned now so whatever.

setting your center to sag off the opposing center (who sets the down screen) stops all forms of this play 9/10 times.

that doesn't even take into account that you can (a) manually control your center or (b) manually run your SG around the screen in-between the ball handler and receiver.

ya'll mad cause daw styled on you.

Top Bottom