• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Mrbob

Oh shit. One game behind two guys and I play them both this week. Pressure is on I'll probably choke. :lol Although the 8-9 spot is a good place to be. Give myself a chance at Smokey in the second round if I'm lucky enough to make it past the first. :D

Ecnal we can make a pact. If me and the Nuggets can jump you and the Jazz then you can play Chars in the first round like you wanted. :lol

Faced with adversity all throughout the season..when everyone wrote them off..Clippers stand alone prepared for whatever is thrown at them...one goal...win the title...or die trying

LosAngelesClippers.jpg

ecnal

Mrbob said:
Oh shit. One game behind two guys and I play them both this week. Pressure is on I'll probably choke. :lol Although the 8-9 spot is a good place to be. Give myself a chance at Smokey in the second round if I'm lucky enough to make it past the first. :D

Ecnal we can make a pact. If me and the Nuggets can jump you and the Jazz then you can play Chars in the first round like you wanted. :lol

my friend, this is the easiest pact to make as i have already strategically placed myself within the standings.

R.I.P. hunter's inaugural 2K11 season.

2prbq8j.gif

daw840

Sacramento Kings - AtlusAram
@ Portland Blazers - kirbybreezy
Atlanta Hawks - anachronous_one
@ San Antonio Spurs - Ferny73
Chicago Bulls - Dmczaf

Well, it doesn't look like Bob is responding to my Madden request, so any of you guys around?

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
daw840 said:
Chicago Bulls - Dmczaf

Well, it doesn't look like Bob is responding to my Madden request, so any of you guys around?

Maybe later tonight? Are you pacific time? Maybe 10pm PT? If that's too late propose something, I just don't want to sit with my 360 on for an hour an a half waiting for someone to come on :)

gg anarch, that was actually a lot of fun for me (for once) even though i lost. back and forth all game.

i really tried to keep my shots to 2 pointers early and that is why my shooting % was normal. then i got into my old bad habit of taking bad 3's. argh....

that and i couldn't buy a bucket late! i got some stops here and there but j-rich went cold in the 4th :(

DCX

DCX
Detroit Pistons
@ Boston Celtics
New Orleans Hornets
@ Miami Heat

I'm home now if anyone is around.

DCX

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha

@ San Antonio Spurs
Chicago Bulls
@ Denver Nuggets
@ Orlando Magic

Anyone around for an afternoon matinée game? I can play a game pretty much anytime between now and 4PM EST. Tonight I should be on after 10 or 10:30PM EST.

AIM me.

Smokey

Most epic game of the season just ended.

Rockets v. Wizards. 3 OT. multiple last second shots to send it to OT. But Rockets prevail. Shit was crazy.

Well I just missed an important job interview over this shit...rescheduled but all good. Also have a car right now that may or may not have just lost all its juice because I left some headlights on or some shit...all because of 2k.

I would like to thank Smokey
on a perfect season
for the perfect end of my gaming journey for the most epic game to be played in 2k11 ever: The Game.

I woke up this morning and told Smokey he had no chance to beat me when I'm serious and the result was a hell of a game. Missed game icing free throws, dagger threes at the last second during over time periods to bring it to a third overtime by both teams. I love 2k defense. There was literally a play that sent it to triple OT where my guys literally did not D up on their assignments and Shard was almost wide open for a J. Thanks 2k.

I was already being screamed at by my brother because he had a place to be dropped off as well, and when Smokey tied it up to bring it to triple overtime I basically couldn't take my time to really play anymore and he won the game, but it was a legit win.

I'm out of league now though. In my two matches against Smokey in legit seasonal play they have have literally been 1 point games or overtimes so I feel I have a chance in the playoffs but just the way this shit went down today makes me realize why I need this break from gaming for a while. Right now my bro and I are fucked because of a videogame and someone has to roll up and power this car up :lol

Good luck to everyone, good games smokey. Nobody is going to beat him this year. My roster was amazing and made to beat him and I was this close. Looking @ everyone elses rosters...man aint nobody getin it done.

I'M GETTIN MY CROWN IN 2k11 BITCHES...AND I ALREADY CLAIM THE WIZ

Fear Wall.

john-wall-dance-o.gif

flying-into-the-sunset-300x300.jpg

I told u i was out bruh...dont got time to be playin no 7 game series bullshit against all these guys man. Gaming holding me back this year. Don't worry the swag will be back next year.

And also when all of you lose to Smokey in the playoffs you can all thank ECNAL. Zero chance smokey wins that game with Scola at the 4. What the fuck ecnal?

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
I told u i was out bruh...dont got time to be playin no 7 game series bullshit against all these guys man. Gaming holding me back this year. Don't worry the swag will be back next year.

And also when all of you lose to Smokey in the playoffs you can all thank ECNAL. Zero chance smokey wins that game with Scola at the 4. What the fuck ecnal?

1. If I had scola my gameplan/strategy would've been different.

2. If you wouldn't of choked at the line at the end of regulation, I might not have won the game ;).

Pressure bust the pipe

Nah you would have played the same way with Scola. He is good for nothing.

You probably would just hit a cheese three in my face had I made that free throw anyway. Just like I iced the game but of course you hit another one.

I think its just 2k game logic. Donte Greene hit one shot in 4 quarters but makes a cheeseball three when the game was on the line. Unless you basically block a shot it probably is going in.

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
Nah you would have played the same way with Scola. He is good for nothing.

You probably would just hit a cheese three in my face had I made that free throw anyway. Just like I iced the game but of course you hit another one.

I think its just 2k game logic. Donte Greene hit one shot in 4 quarters but makes a cheeseball three when the game was on the line. Unless you basically block a shot it probably is going in.

:lol

But if you would've hit the FT instead of missing you don't know what would've happened . Wall had made FTs all game, but when it came to crunch time he buckled. Nick Young also had a chance to win the game with a shorter AB on him, and missed the midrange shot at the buzzer (that he had been hitting all game). I'm surprised you didn't post him up in that situation. Had plenty of chances during that game to win it ;)

Those 3s I hit to send it to OTs were open looks. That Brooks 3 was open, and the Shard 3 he was open and when you did jump at him his release point is high enough where you couldn't get it, but I started the shot way before you flew at him.

Now that one AB 3 where he okie dokied Arenas or whoever and the ball went through his arm for the 3 was lolz.

me and smokey gonna try to form our own 2k league for GT.
is anyone interested here? i think its a 16 car/team league.
so 3 spots left.

here are the members that are interested:
viakado
smokey
ecnal
dcx
nightx
omiee
rjnaverrette
pistolpete
rinse
shawn
seattle
btothekw
reilo

daw840

Chicago Bulls - Dmczaf

I'm here and home if anyone of you guys are around. I am going to turn on my 360 and fuck around in some ranked matches in a bit, but just message me and I will bounce out of them. (Assuming they aren't really close or something.)

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
daw840 said:
Chicago Bulls - Dmczaf

I'm here and home if anyone of you guys are around. I am going to turn on my 360 and fuck around in some ranked matches in a bit, but just message me and I will bounce out of them. (Assuming they aren't really close or something.)
I saw you just sent a message, but the kids are deep in "Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That" on Netflix. Serious business. ;)

I won't be free of family responsibilities until 10PMish EST, but I'd love to get a couple games in tonight.

daw840

anachronous_one said:
I saw you just sent a message, but the kids are deep in "Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That" on Netflix. Serious business. ;)

I won't be free of family responsibilities until 10PMish EST, but I'd love to get a couple games in tonight.

No problem, late at night is not a good time for me unfortunately. But maybe this weekend

daw840

Seriously?!? I don't quite understand how I have posted for FIVE DIFFERENT PEOPLE and have only had a response from ONE!!! Where the fuck is everyone?

anachronous_one said:
OK, if I free up before then, I'll post/AIM/XBL msg you.

That's cool man, just let me know.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
daw840 said:
Seriously?!? I don't quite understand how I have posted for FIVE DIFFERENT PEOPLE and have only had a response from ONE!!! Where the fuck is everyone?
I chalk it up to different time zones and schedules. I usually just annoy people until they'd rather play the game than get another message from me. ;)

Smokey said:
Now that one AB 3 where he okie dokied Arenas or whoever and the ball went through his arm for the 3 was lolz.

So I had to drive for 5 hours straight after that shit and it gave me some time to think.

The Pats had an undefeated season and it ended in pain and suffering. In fact the winning all season made the loss that much more devastating.

From the moment that game aired on television, it was a message to myself some 3+ years into the future.

I don't know about next season but I'm not bailing on 2k league yet. I have unfinished bizness.

And yea smokey....that Nick Young shot basically 3 feet away from the rim was a PERFECT release.

The fuck ever though.

ecnal

damn brah, you mad as fuck.

here's a preview of how your season will end -- regardless whether or not you quit now:

2wcn0yh.gif

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Oh shit comparing Smokey and his Rockettes to the undefeated Pats team which choked in the Super Bowl. :lol

DISRESPECTFUL

I know it's eating Faze alive. Up by 3 at end of regulation less than 10 secs to go, Brooks hits a 3. Up by 3 again at end of OT2 less than 10 seconds ago, Shard hits a 3.

The question?

Coach Faze, why didn't you foul?

;)

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
DISRESPECTFUL

I know it's eating Faze alive. Up by 3 at end of regulation less than 10 secs to go, Brooks hits a 3. Up by 3 again at end of OT2 less than 2 seconds ago, Shard hits a 3.

The question?

Coach Faze, why didn't you foul?

;)
Exactly.

DCX

Top Bottom