• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Birdman02

Smokey said:
Milo
Birdman

can either of you possibly play tonight?

Any chance you can play at like 6 est? We might be going to my inlaws tonight.

I can also play tomorrow morning from like 9-1 if either the Clippers and/or Pistons can play then.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Any chance you can play at like 6 est? We might be going to my inlaws tonight.

I can also play tomorrow morning from like 9-1 if either the Clippers and/or Pistons can play then.

i can play you at that time tomorrow morning, well...depending on if i'm sober:lol

Mrbob

Chars you still going to be able to play after the Bulls/Lakers game?

Also have:

Lakers
Clippers
Magic

The rest of the week.

charsace

Westbrook man. He doesn't miss layups. I jumped into him for contact and knocked him to the floor and he was still making them.

all the clipper players are runnin laps after that loss..defense was horrible..one of my worst defensive efforts in the first half ever:lol

Mrbob

Yeah that first half was ridiculous. I think I shot 63 percent, everything was going down. :lol As good as the first half was my 2nd half was almost as bad. I played sloppy, too many turnovers. I had like 5 passing turnovers in the second half alone because I kept on hitting RB and of LB. I thought I was setting up a play and then I would pass in the middle of traffic instead. :lol You made a good 3rd quarter comeback happy Durant finally found his stroke in the 4th so I could hold on for the win.

Mrbob said:
Yeah that first half was ridiculous. I think I shot 63 percent, everything was going down. :lol As good as the first half was my 2nd half was almost as bad. I played sloppy, too many turnovers. I had like 5 passing turnovers in the second half alone because I kept on hitting RB and of LB. I thought I was setting up a play and then I would pass in the middle of traffic instead. :lol You made a good 3rd quarter comeback happy Durant finally found his stroke in the 4th so I could hold on for the win.

yeah durant went on like an 8-0 run by himself, to cap it off with a 3.....i wish i could have saved those blocks i had on westbrook dunk attempts...i don't know what was up with defense in the first half...guess you got that revenge for that loss you took in the beginning of the season :D

Mrbob

I avenged two week one losses last night. :D Durant hitting open 3s is a new part of the offense I haven't had before. He went 5 for 6 from behind the arc last night between both games.

Schedule doesn't get any easier this week for me though. Have the Lakers and Magic left. I have a bday party to go to tonight but I should be home around 9 to 10 cst. This last week is great preparation for the playoffs. Bunch of tough games.

charsace

Its not Durant I was worried about. It was Ruessell "Jordan" Westbrook. I mean jesus christ he didn't miss no matter what and is hard to stay in front of.

Smokey

Good game Birdman!

Main objective was to not let Dirk go off on me, and keep the ball out of his hands. Butler on the other hand was hitting shots not matter what. Rather him than Dirk though.

Mrbob

Smokey runs the regular season table. Is there a bad enough dude to give Smokey 4 losses in a series in the post season? At the very least we can't let Smokey go undefeated in the post season as well!

Birdman02

Smokey said:
Good game Birdman!

Main objective was to not let Dirk go off on me, and keep the ball out of his hands. Butler on the other hand was hitting shots not matter what. Rather him than Dirk though.

GG man. It was really hard to care about that game after pretty much everyone on my team (except Butler) was missing open shots with good releases. I put in my entire bench for the 2nd half, and they actually made a decent run in the 3rd, but I knew it wasn't gonna last.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Smokey runs the regular season table. Is there a bad enough dude to give Smokey 4 losses in a series in the post season? At the very least we can't let Smokey go undefeated in the post season as well!
I could give him a run. Faze could. Lance and Phee maybe. Thats it.

DCX

Birdman02

All of my games against Smokey (this league and the tourney) were tight pre-patch, including a triple OT thriller. Now I can't shoot with anyone but Caron Butler, so I'd be lucky to take 1 game in a series.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
All of my games against Smokey (this league and the tourney) were tight pre-patch, including a triple OT thriller. Now I can't shoot with anyone but Caron Butler, so I'd be lucky to take 1 game in a series.
Same here, post patch i have been terrible. Everyone except Amar'e have been dodoo.

DCX

Smokey

Maybe I just have players who releases flow better with the patch, but I seem to shoot better after it. Only one that I have a little bit of trouble with is AB at times. I tend to think of it as offline. Post patch it's better to release the ball later than it is early.

Birdman02

I still get pretty good releases with everyone but Dirk, but I can't seem to consistently knock down shots with anyone. When I'm getting the green feedback on the release, it's hard to know which way I need to adjust.

Dirk's is completely different. His is so late that it feels unnatural to hold the shot stick down that long. I just need to go into practice mode with him and get used to the timing I guess.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
I still get pretty good releases with everyone but Dirk, but I can't seem to consistently knock down shots with anyone. When I'm getting the green feedback on the release, it's hard to know which way I need to adjust.

Dirk's is completely different. His is so late that it feels unnatural to hold the shot stick down that long. I just need to go into practice mode with him and get used to the timing I guess.

Even if it feels unnatural, you gotta do it anyway. That's what kept throwing me off at first. So now I just release it later than I would pre-patch as a rule for everybody and it has worked out pretty good.

Mrbob

FML living in Wisconsin. Weather going to be worse tonight than anticipated. Supposed to work tomorrow but I might be home to play my game due to the weather!

Late Afternoon: Snow. Steady temperature around 31. East wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow and widespread blowing snow. Low around 21. Windy, with a northeast wind between 20 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow likely and widespread blowing snow before noon, then widespread blowing snow and a slight chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 12 by 5pm. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. Windy, with a north wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI
156 PM CST SAT DEC 11 2010

...BLIZZARD WARNING TONIGHT AND SUNDAY...

.A BLIZZARD WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR ALL OF SOUTH CENTRAL AND
SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FOR TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY. A MIXTURE OF
WINTRY PRECIPITATION WILL QUICKLY CHANGE OVER TO ALL SNOW EARLY
THIS EVENING...BUT NOT UNTIL MIDNIGHT IN THE FAR SOUTHEAST.
MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED WITH SOME AREAS NORTH OF A
MILWAUKEE TO MADISON LINE LIKELY RECEIVING 12 TO 16 INCHES OF
SNOW.

OUR BIGGEST CONCERN IS THE POWERFUL NORTH WIND THAT WILL ARRIVE
BY MIDNIGHT NORTHWEST OF MADISON...AND TOWARD MORNING IN THE
SOUTHEAST. SUSTAINED NORTH WINDS OF 30 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 40 TO 50
MPH WILL CAUSE CRIPPLING WIDESPREAD BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.
WHITEOUT CONDITIONS ARE LIKELY WITH MANY ROADS BECOMING
IMPASSABLE. EAST TO WEST ORIENTED ROADS WILL BE MOST IMPACTED.

BITTERLY COLD AIR...WITH WIND CHILLS DOWN TO 15 TO 25 BELOW
ZERO...WILL FOLLOW THE STORM SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY. THE BLOWING
AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL CONTINUE SUNDAY NIGHT.

A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE FROM IOWA...ACROSS
NORTHERN ILLINOIS TONIGHT...WHICH IS A FAVORED TRACK FOR HEAVY
SNOW. AS THE LOW PASSES TO THE EAST...A VERY STRONG PRESSURE
GRADIENT WILL GENERATE THE SUSTAINED WINDS.

THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW...STRONG WINDS...BLOWING AND
DRIFTING SNOW...AND REDUCED VISIBILITIES...WILL MAKE FOR EXTREMELY
DANGEROUS CONDITIONS FOR ANYONE TRAVELING LATER TONIGHT THROUGH
SUNDAY...ESPECIALLY IN RURAL AREAS.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu weather. Hopefully this shit doesn't knock out my power.

Mrbob said:
wall of bitching
currently 77 degrees here in beautiful costa mesa, ca.
partly cloudly with a hint of a cool ocean breeze.
62700.jpg

charsace said:
Its not Durant I was worried about. It was Ruessell "Jordan" Westbrook. I mean jesus christ he didn't miss no matter what and is hard to stay in front of.

i think you meant Russell "LeBron, Kobe, Carmelo, Durant, Jordan, Reggie Miller, Larry Bird" Westbrook:lol

Top Bottom