• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Mrbob

I get home around 5 cst today so I should be around to play. I do have to get my Madden game in with AT sometime today too before the week is over!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Chars / Jazz, you around to get a game started within the next half an hour or so? Otherwise I can play after 9:30 or 10PM EST tonight.

LMK. I'm almost ALWAYS on AIM, too.

Taking a few days break sounds good to me Faze. I'm going to take the opportunity to reassess my strategy with 2k, my previous strategy was to not give a shit because the game pisses me off.

Hopefully we can schedule a few more games at 4am so I can steal a win.

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
Taking a few days break sounds good to me Faze. I'm going to take the opportunity to reassess my strategy with 2k, my previous strategy was to not give a shit because the game pisses me off.

Hopefully we can schedule a few more games at 4am so I can steal a win.

:lol

I thought there was a rule against Kobe ball?

I vote that we take away Smokeys win against Milo.

That boxscore was suspect the second I saw it. I thought this league was a simulation league? 40 points in the paint? What the fuck? Yao with THIRTY points?

Lets be real here....

thats some swiss cheese.

Of course we'll ban a legitimate play like 12 Alley, which is easy to stop, but we're going to continue allow players that defy game logic to dominate like Yao. Yao manages to block three point shots even when he is in the paint when the animation starts, he beats guards to loose balls, and never misses hook shots.

But we will ban 12 alley.

I would call for some sort of action to be taken immediately but Yao will be removed permanently after the second round anyway, so I'll leave this as a suggestion for 2k12 or next season.

this game is fucking retarded. how can i get westbrook in the air on a pump, but he has enough time to land back down, then get back up for the block anyways? :lol

surprised i was even in that game at the end. i got called for a bunch of fouls and i didn't get to the line once even though i was getting clobbered in the paint. meh

ecnal

daw840 said:
Ugh, so even if I beat ecnal I have to play smokey in round 2? That sucks.....looks like my championship is this week!

i can't even play a game till this saturday or sunday.

i likely won't even be able to finish the series before the advance, so if it makes it easier in the scheme of things, instead of trying to squeeze in our entire series in a 6 hour window this sat/sun, you can just get the wins.

Dark FaZe said:
Of course we'll ban a legitimate play like 12 Alley, which is easy to stop, but we're going to continue allow players that defy game logic to dominate like Yao. Yao manages to block three point shots even when he is in the paint when the animation starts, he beats guards to loose balls, and never misses hook shots.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
I thought there was a rule against Kobe ball?

I vote that we take away Smokeys win against Milo.

That boxscore was suspect the second I saw it. I thought this league was a simulation league? 40 points in the paint? What the fuck? Yao with THIRTY points?

Lets be real here....

thats some swiss cheese.

I would call for some sort of action to be taken immediately but Yao will be removed permanently after the second round anyway, so I'll leave this as a suggestion for 2k12 or next season.

Don't start crying about Yao. Ask Milo about how he was used. I was even shooting jumpshots with him free throw line extended. And as long as Yao is in the NBA he will be in the game and useable so you might as well let that logic go. You also act like Yao has never scored 30 points before:lol

Not my fault Milo didn't want to double him or anything until the damage was done.

Sound like somebody mad to me!

Mrbob

Dark FaZe said:
i aint even mad

how much are you paying ecnal to bow out of league?

this shit is more rigged that kados pyramid scheme over in ps3 league.

nba_g_durant_westbrook1_576.jpg

Dark FaZe said:
i aint even mad

how much are you paying ecnal to bow out of league?

this shit is more rigged that kados pyramid scheme over in ps3 league.
That's funny because I was pyramid scheming your mom last night. She screamed like a whore.

Nightz

Man, another nailbiter that was decided by 1 point against the Clippers. Once again it was back and forth all game and we ended up in OT. Marco Belinelli was the hero of this game with a clutch shot with 8 seconds left. Definitely enjoying playing this series. GG Hey Low.

Smokey

Clipps lost by 1 again?

Damn, I would be raging. And real 2k players use 2k cam:D

edit: holy shit you were workin hard as fuck on that last Hornets possession that resulted in a shot clock violation:lol

two losses by a total of 2 points...and yeah you could hear how pissed i was :lol but 2k cam was a lot easier for me in past 2k games, but i don't wanna change up now in the playoffs...my shot timing is already on and off:lol i know you saw that hustle on defense:D

Smokey said:
Just finished watching it, that shit was frantic as hell. Could tell both of yall were tryin to win that game:lol

you don't know how difficult it is to stay in front of Chris Paul...and when he does his pick and rolls its over...this has been one of my better 2k playoffs...i need to win game 3...can't fall to 3-0

Nightz

Thanks for the video. Love the commentary lol. If it was me taking the vid, you probably would have heard me yelling when you went up by 5 in OT. "I hate this game, I truly do." :lol

Edit: I'll be around tonight after the 49ers-Chargers game.

WITNESS2K9 said:
this is the closest thing to spectator mode...i would like to show everyone the end of the 4th and overtime of Clippers-Hornets game 2.. good game once again.. not the greatest quality, but the closest thing to being there watching :lol Better quality next game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRe4AYhY-Hk

"That was like perfect defense for like...20 seconds"

Welcome to 2k.

With that said I felt sick watchin that footage bruh...you wrapped that game up in gift wrap and handed it to him. You're so loose with the ball my dude...you just toss that shit around. Fundamentals bro: Clock management, low turnovers, and getting back on defense. You also leave your feet way to much...

That view mode you used looks so ridiculous defensively. It's not awful in half court view but it REALLY showed when Paul just ran up the court and the lack of court spacing made it near impossible for you to stop him.

Birdman02

DCX said:
Birdman, i'll be home all day..snowed in. Let me know when we can play.

DCX

I wish I was at home today, but I'll be at work until about 6 est. I can play 1 game right at 6.

I should be able to play a couple more around 10 tonight, but I'm not sure yet. I'll get back to you a little later today.

ecnal

daw840 said:
Ecnal, you think there is any way you can get a game in tonight?

probably not.

like i said earlier, i'm really only going to have a 6-8 hour window this sat or sunday to get the series in.

Top Bottom