• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K12 |OT| Lebron 4th Quarter Lockout Edition

Smokey

charsace said:
Have fun being a dummy tester for the broken online. Meanwhile I'll be playing GOW3, Dark Souls and Frozenbyte bundle biatch.

Guess it's a good thing I'm rich and will be doing all of the above! I'd buy you the game just to tap dat ass on my streaming channel for all to see.

charsace

Nightz said:
Went with the PS3 version. =P
You're either an idiot or scared of getting decimated in league play this year. Which is it?

You know what the PS3 league's prize was for winning the league? There was none because viak spent the prize money on vicodin.

Smokey said:
Guess it's a good thing I'm rich and will be doing all of the above! I'd buy you the game just to tap dat ass on my streaming channel for all to see.

1. You do make good money so I am not stopping you from buying me a copy. :(
2. In a streamed game my 2k skills would go to 11 and I would gape you worse than Lex Steele gapes Sasha Grey.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
This and Dark Souls should be waiting for me when I get home, never bit on 2K11. Im assuming all the 90's Bulls teams are in this version too?

Smokey

Nightz said:
Went with the PS3 version. =P

Why :/ ?

I bought 2k11 on 360 and PS3 last year (have it on PC too looosl), and the experience was far better on 360. PS3 version was laggier and the Dual Shock 3 analog placements have it tougher to pull off iso moves IMO.

charsace said:
You're either an idiot or scared of getting decimated in league play this year. Which is it?You know what the PS3 league's prize was for winning the league? There was none because viak spent the prize money on vicodin.

2. In a streamed game my 2k skills would go to 11 and I would gape you worse than Lex Steele gapes Sasha Grey.

Says the guy who is skipping this years game. I'd skip it too if I talked as much empty noise as you.

The PS3 league was pretty funny though. Kado using the tourney money for his vicodin and then refunding it once he had his fill lmao. We know the true story Ice Raven

Nightz

Smokey said:
Why :/ ?

I bought 2k11 on 360 and PS3 last year (have it on PC too looosl), and the experience was far better on 360. PS3 version was laggier and the Dual Shock 3 analog placements have it tougher to pull off iso moves IMO.
I agree that 360 controls and plays better, but my friends who are getting it only have PS3's. I only buy sports games on the 360 to play in GAF leagues. Judging by 2K's track record, until I get proof that online association isn't broken, I'll stick with the PS3 version.

Again, I'm only Gameflying the game right now. If it's good (and functional) I may end up getting both versions.

Bollocks

Damn the new MyPlayer mode looks so good.
I also liked how they pronounced my name during games last year. As far as I remember there was no set piece for the audio like in Fifa. I don't know if I got lucky or if it's really dynamic.
That was a killer feature in MyPlayer mode cause it was totally unexpected and my first basketball game in a long time.
Normally I don't buy sports games back2back but they really made some improvements all over the place.

Something else not in the manual

When in bounding the ball, you can use the RightStick(RS) to move the in bounder along the base line.

If you're having problems with the pump fakes don't jump initially. Use the RS to raise your hands and then contest the shot. This happens a lot when a guy drives and gets surrounded by your team mates and everyone is jumping all over the place. Just make sure the guy you're controlling use the RS

RS4-

I've only done my player mode and it's great. Playing in the post is better than previous years. Far better. I don't remember if this was in last years game, but in 12 you can choose to simulate and only play key games. Oh and you don't start in the d-league. You play one game, like an all rookie/sophomore match that dictates your draft stock; after the game three teams ask you two questions each and that has some sort of bearing on which team picks you.

AI and presentation is a lot better too. Shame about the online stuff like usual though.

I'll try GM mode later. My player GM AI makes a lot of questionable deals though.

abuC

I have no choice but to get this on PC, since my PS3 is dead and my Xbox likes to randomly open the disc tray.

Oh, and my PS3 died just as my SG in My Player was entering the playoffs as the MVP on a stacked Hornets team, thanks Sony!

benjipwns

Banned
They have all the same modes but last year for example had different menus, neither of the above and an online mode that defaulted to low settings and still ran like shit/crashed often.

Also, there have been reports that some intros have been removed as well. From a poster on OS:

"There are no custom soundtracks on PC and those cool intros you see on 360 aren't on the PC version (where each star is broken up with stats, etc.)"

kokujin

Banned
benjipwns said:
They have all the same modes but last year for example had different menus, neither of the above and an online mode that defaulted to low settings and still ran like shit/crashed often.

FallingEdge said:
Also, there have been reports that some intros have been removed as well. From a poster on OS:

"There are no custom soundtracks on PC and those cool intros you see on 360 aren't on the PC version (where each star is broken up with stats, etc.)"
I can understand the online being crap, that's just a lack of care, but with some of the other stuff it just feels like they went out of their way to remove.

Bread

Banned
I'll wait for the verdict on the online before I buy this year. It's going to be tough to wait though, I love me some NBA.

Smokey

cuevas said:
Four pages for rules, what are we playing dungeons and dragons or some shit?

You don't have to use them. X is to shoot/layup. RT + X for dunk. A is to pass. Left stick dribble around. Profit.

Scanna said:
what about move support on ps3?

It's in there as is 3D support.

benjipwns said:
Ronald just tweeted that it will be out on Steam and other DDs around 4PM Eastern.

Great news!

benjipwns said:
Apparently PC version performs the same online as last year. Low settings, shitty framerate, etc.

Fuck.

You've got to be kidding me.

have they no fucking shame???!!

Smokey

cuevas said:
You want me to pull a lebron and half ass shit?

Or be the opposite of Lebron and work at it and you will be rewarded.

ph33nix said:
Great news!

Fuck.

You've got to be kidding me.

have they no fucking shame???!!

Come back home pheeniks. Come back to 360.

Fjordson

Three online matches so far. Way better than 2K11. Didn't notice any lag. Hope it stays like this. I remember 2K11 being decent at first and..yeah...

Omiee

ah yeaah the game i was waiting for, seriously this is just hard for me lately.

making time for fifa 12 pes 12, f1 2011 and now this one =(

all the while wanting to finishg portal 2 and witcher 2.

Smokey said:
Or be the opposite of Lebron and work at it and you will be rewarded.

Come back home pheeniks. Come back to 360.

I'm only considering going back until people have played multiple season of online association and have confirmed that it isn't pony shit

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
pastapadre Bryan Wiedey
Dont want to jump on this too much yet since its just release day, but online play for NBA 2K12 so far is in a bad state

200px-SameOldCrap.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
Totally forgot this was coming out today. I usually get hyped while watching summerleague/pre season but without that I forgot.

Luckily amazon still has ten dollars off!

Fjordson

Smokey said:
People in here saying the online runs smooth, Twitter saying not?

WHO TO BELIEVE
Well 2K11 went to shit for me like everyone else after like a week, so this could just be the same case of me getting lucky at first. Sounds like I'm in the minority so I'm trying not to keep my hopes up =( it plays really well at the moment, though.

RS4-

Btw, My Player mode is fucked up because there are no rookies except for your player and Ricky Rubio lol.

Purexed

Banned
Smokey said:
People in here saying the online runs smooth, Twitter saying not?

WHO TO BELIEVE

Online (PS3) before the launch was great, but not many people were taxing the servers. As of last night and this morning, I couldn't even connect to the servers. Totally expected though, for as good as the game is online this something 2K continues to struggle with

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
It's comforting to know that there are just certain things you can rely on, like the rising and setting of the sun, and Day 1 connectivity issues with NBA 2K:
@Ronnie2K: Servers were rebooted for a scheduled maintenance a few minutes ago. Should help limit the number of downtimes.
@pastapadre: Sounds like online problems for 2K12 more prevalent on PS3 than 360 right now - but server issues being experienced on both.

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
It's comforting to know that there are just certain things you can rely on, like the rising and setting of the sun, and Day 1 connectivity issues with NBA 2K:

Clockwork

Launch day should be awful for online really (should be peak activity). What you can hope for is when the traffic levels out that it will work fine. That's the change we're hoping for.

charsace said:
You know what the PS3 league's prize was for winning the league? There was none because viak spent the prize money on vicodin.
hey, whoa whoa. fuck you homeslice. although that's the the truth, i do share your sentiment.

charsace said:
haha. never change, you emotionally unstable fuck.

Top Bottom