• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K12 |OT| Lebron 4th Quarter Lockout Edition

PC version seems good so far. Plus, I figure we have a chance of modders unlocking the rookies soon.

Edit: Noticed these limitations over at NLSC:

* Online still forces you to play on Low Graphic Quality settings (same as 2K11 & 2K10)
* The console’s Lighting Engine did not make it into the PC version again this year
* The Custom Arena Music feature is not in the PC version
* Courts are inaccurate for non-US versions of the game
* There are no alternate control schemes
* No way to unlock Classic Warriors or Kings teams
* We cannot edit any of the iff files yet

Smokey

Nightz said:
What covers did you guys get? Also, for those who got your games at a retail store, how was the spread of the 3 different covers? Was there more of one particular cover, or an even split among the 3?

Amazon sent me Magic.

This is 23.99 on amazon download, but the key unfortunately cannot be registered on steam. I just thought you guys should know.

SlickVic

outsida said:
Playing the PC version and just started a season with the Bulls and they did the animated break down of the starters. Is there a different one that people are saying is missing?

I think they might be talking about this intro with the song. It's possible it may not play before every game to mix it up a bit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
pastapadre Bryan Wiedey
In honor of the historic teams 2K Sports has rolled back the servers of NBA 2K12 to better represent the online experience of their time.

Ice Cold

charsace

ph33nix said:
are there no redeemable codes for PC

cause I just caved and got it on Steam. Fuck me...
Wow dude way to bitch up. Providing Stern with the only money he will probably see this season.

Smokey

anddo0 said:
What a trainwreck. Why isn't online working?

It will work in the next couple of days. This is normal.

Too bad these servers are down. No way to test out these beast ISO combos on live meat.

charsace

Smokey said:
It will work in the next couple of days. This is normal.

Too bad these servers are down. No way to test out these beast ISO combos on live meat.
Already exploits? I know the patch in 2k11 caused a few exploits to open up in the ISO moves that weren't there before. All because the the guys that were crying for sim ball for years started complaining about not being able to get to the basket in 2k11.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nightz said:
What covers did you guys get? Also, for those who got your games at a retail store, how was the spread of the 3 different covers? Was there more of one particular cover, or an even split among the 3?

Amazon sent me Bird.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
charsace said:
Already exploits? I know the patch in 2k11 caused a few exploits to open up in the ISO moves that weren't there before. All because the the guys that were crying for sim ball for years started complaining about not being able to get to the basket in 2k11.

Pre-Patch 2k11 was amazing.
Post-Patch 2k11 was a pile of shit

overcast

Reviews are very high, jeez. Will probably pick this up whenever the season starts..

Somebody in the custom cover thread made this:
Ycp60l.jpg

Smokey

charsace said:

No exploits but there are some really nice moves. You can pretty much chain shit together now.

demolitio

I'm resisting the urge to check the Cavs' ratings because they can only be shitty. Talk about a complete 180. :(

I always enjoyed creating a player to replace LeBron on the Cavs to ease the pain. I can't help but play as them no matter how bad they are. Meanwhile, the Heat and Lakers will own the online. :p

benjipwns

Banned
ChiefEdiri said:
What is this foul language shit? I put my real name and its not allowed, SMH.
There's a bug that's rejecting almost anything you put. Some guy got rejected for Steve Smith.

pilonv1

Ronnie2K Ronnie 2K 2K12
Progress has been made in addressing the online issues. Sorry to those who continue to run into issues, we are actively working on it.
16 minutes ago

WELCOME TO 2009

Jtrizzy

So this game will look better on PS3 than my new high end pc? Left out the lighting system? What the hell? I was all pumped to get this on steam for half the price.

While online was working, I manage to get use their social media app for twitter, facebook, youtube ect. for sharing pressbook snapshots and video. Here's a video I made last week via highlight reel that manage to get through the rough patches of the 2k network. I was just checking the feature and it worked for the selected media shares i chose twitter and youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCFvYGnoUIQ

gluv65 said:
While online was working, I manage to get use their social media app for twitter, facebook, youtube ect. for sharing pressbook snapshots and video. Here's a video I made last week via highlight reel that manage to get through the rough patches of the 2k network. I was just checking the feature and it worked for the selected media shares i chose twitter and youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCFvYGnoUIQ

Pretty neat. What kind of options do they give you for editing/camera angles?

Fjordson

God damn, the chaining the iso moves together is so nice. And altering your shot around the basket. Love it. Game is solid.

Now time to jump into My Player mode.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Beat the C's with a game winning jumper by Rose. This game is good. The training camp is real good for learning the moves.

RBK

Banned
Big pet peeve of my so far in My Player: Why is my player to guard constantly changing, even to players I am nowhere nearby. The dude I originally am supposed to guard might kick it out to a outside shooter and I have no way to recover from that if it is on the other side of the 3 point line.

ecnal

ChiefEdiri said:
Big pet peeve of my so far in My Player: Why is my player to guard constantly changing, even to players I am nowhere nearby. The dude I originally am supposed to guard might kick it out to a outside shooter and I have no way to recover from that if it is on the other side of the 3 point line.

pretty sure the "who to guard" logic is broken across the entire title... that or it's just plain awful.

there are way too many instances in exhibition gameplay where, after you score, the other team will come up the court and somehow your center is being told to pick up the guy dribbling up the court.

it's actually becoming the worst part about the game imo. players are making horrible rotations in the half-court, why is my pg picking up a big man AFTER WE JUST SCORED, and it seems like the AI still breaks your own defensive settings (e.g. play tight, no help-d, etc) to make rotations it deems necessary.

the defensive logic is definitely better than 2K11, but that's not really saying much considering the patch essentially reverted 2K11's defensive logic back to 2K10 -- which was an absolute abomination as far as defensive logic goes.

RBK

Banned
You must have to really impress in order to get drafted into the lottery. Got drafted 15th to the Pacers after a 12 point, 4 assist game.

Quick

Banned
I was set on getting the Larry Bird cover, but Canada only gets Jordan. Hoping a hi-res version of the cover with Bird on it pops up online so I can print it.

benjipwns

Banned
The rebounding timing and physics/collision are slightly changed from last year so I can't grab shit to start yet again this year. :lol

I managed to break Sasha Vujacic though, he'll be out six weeks after trying to drive the lane on my player.

Started a "Become a Legend" or whatever it is with Darko, to establish him as the true best player of the 2003 draft. Sadly there are no press conferences in that mode so I can't threaten the families of refs.

I think that whole intro thing on the PC was from someone who didn't play enough games, if you do, it's clear there's at least three different intro styles.

BTW, if you just want to unlock the legends teams (especially the opponents) you can do them on rookie with one minute quarters and they'll unlock just fine. You don't seem to get the filters or unique animations when you play with them outside the mode however.

I'm on PC. Can anyone explain why when I finish an NBA's greatest game and win, it doesn't save?

I am playing on 1 min quarter but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it...

dream

Duki, they still do that thing where my pass first point guard gets subbed out them comes back in at the 2, Duki. :(

when you press LB, then a player's icon which brings up a set of plays, why does it not call the plays with the buttons you press on the screen and instead is some random shit?

ph33nix said:
I'm on PC. Can anyone explain why when I finish an NBA's greatest game and win, it doesn't save?

I am playing on 1 min quarter but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it...

Might be quarter length. I'm using defaults and they're unlocking/saving fine.

benjipwns

Banned
1 minute quarters worked for me on PC, I ran through most of them in like an hour. Can't ever win with the Jazz as Shaq and DRob/Duncan just keep abusing Foster and Adam Keefe inside. Probably need to turn to MVP Greg Ostertag.

Top Bottom