• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K12 |OT| Lebron 4th Quarter Lockout Edition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
PotatoeMasher said:
Launch day should be awful for online really (should be peak activity). What you can hope for is when the traffic levels out that it will work fine. That's the change we're hoping for.

Change and 2k dont mix. They were using Dreamcast servers up until 2k10

RBK

Banned
Caved in and got it, Best Buy trade in promotions are the best. Had to only spend 5 dollars.

Anyways I decided to get Jordan again. Magic was tempting me but couldn't stand to see Laker Purple and Gold all the time lol.

CB3 said:
Change and 2k dont mix. They were using Dreamcast servers up until 2k10
like it matters with their new servers. its still the same buffoons writing the netcode.
and this are the same people who can't figure out how to keep a stable connection in a crew game with more than 1 human player.

RBK

Banned
Is the redeemable codes for 2K12 not working for anybody? Entered it in like 4 times and its still not working.

Anth0ny said:
Oh hey it's out.

Time to find 2K11 for <$20 ;)

2k11 was $12 shipped at buy.com yesterday

wait, you need a code to play online then? smh , haha at the commercial with Drake, he said last years Heat is the best team ever, debate over. :p

RBK

Banned
friskykillface said:
2k11 was $12 shipped at buy.com yesterday

wait, you need a code to play online then? smh , haha at the commercial with Drake, he said last years Heat is the best team ever, debate over. :p
Not a online code, its a redeemable code for unlocking the 01-02 Kings and 90-91 Warriors. Its not working as I keep getting a error message.

nitric0

Can anyone let me know how the PC online is? Is it crap like 2k11 where it doesn't work more th an half the time and the graphic settings are defaulted to low?

nitric0 said:
Can anyone let me know how the PC online is? Is it crap like 2k11 where it doesn't work more th an half the time and the graphic settings are defaulted to low?

yeah it was mentioned earlier

we lose :(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
cuevas said:
Four pages for rules, what are we playing dungeons and dragons or some shit?
Just mess around in practice mode for a little while. It's surprising how quickly the isomotion stuff becomes second nature after a while.

The M.O.B said:
Bought, lets see if it takes another 2 months before the PC version gets a patch like last year.

7.6 GB

2 Months is better than the 8 months for them to actually patch 2K10. It's bullshit that publishers think there's no market on PC for sports games. People don't buy your game on PC not because they're not into sports. They don't buy them because you release half assed ports.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ice Raven said:
you weak ass motherfucker.

thecoldone33 11:50 am

pastapadre Bryan Wiedey
Dont want to jump on this too much yet since its just release day, but online play for NBA 2K12 so far is in a bad state
el oh el

the pheeniks 11:51 am
hahahahaha
apparently the my player stuff isn't fixed
a whole lot of shit

thecoldone33 11:51 am
of course it isnt
it hasent been for 3 years

the pheeniks 11:51 am
they basically released the same game
but added a bunc h of l
legends
and fancy new cameras
and steve kerr
that's literally it
and they don't even have al the legens
there will be downloadable rosters that are better than the shit they releaes on their own

Early morning shit talking. Falls to the dark side hours later.

Im not surprised by ANY of the complaints thus far

CB3 said:
Early morning shit talking. Falls to the dark side hours later.

Im not surprised by ANY of the complaints thus far
why are we even shocked about this?
this is 2k, where stress testing the servers is done AFTER the game is released.
they've had their new servers for over 2 years now and still cant figure out a stable connection. what a fucking joke.

demolitio

So I guess that NBA 2k12 PC purchase isn't looking so hot now. Why isn't it the same damn game as the console versions with extra settings? I don't get it...I guess there's a reason for the low price. :/

I swear, PC gaming can't catch a break this week...lol

I admit I fell to my knees here. Fuck me, I knew this shit was going to happen.

Oh well, I'll enjoy my sweet offline framerate and superior (kind of) graphics and mods :(

Reave

ChiefEdiri said:
The 2K servers must be fucked up because I can't do shit that requires internet.
Yes, they've confirmed some server issues for the time being. That's why people are having troubles with the teams code. You have to be connected to unlock them, and do a manual save right after.

Other than this (typical) problem, I love this game. The PS3 version is strangely missing the retro audio filters for the classic games, but that should be fixed sooner or later. Amazing game.

The M.O.B

nba2k122011-10-0416-26blwt.png

Atleast the presentation is good.

RBK

Banned
Reznor said:
Yes, they've confirmed some server issues for the time being. That's why people are having troubles with the teams code. You have to be connected to unlock them, and do a manual save right after.

Other than this (typical) problem, I love this game. The PS3 version is strangely missing the retro audio filters for the classic games, but that should be fixed sooner or later. Amazing game.
That's good to hear because I messed up my 2K Player.

jacobs34

Loving the game so far, but haven't tried online yet. It's amazing how no matter how good I get at this game over the course of the year I always get dominated when playing on Superstar when the new game comes out. It didn't help that the Lakers play OKC and GS in their first two games and I made the mistake of not trading/cutting Fisher.

ecnal

jacobs34 said:
Loving the game so far, but haven't tried online yet. It's amazing how no matter how good I get at this game over the course of the year I always get dominated when playing on Superstar when the new game comes out. It didn't help that the Lakers play OKC and GS in their first two games and I made the mistake of not trading/cutting Fisher.

how many alt accounts does konex have?

The M.O.B

Wow they nerfed mike miller pretty badly(it's good though), he used to be one the best 3pt shooters in 2k11 and he had a quick release, now he isn't even as good as Mario Chalmers.

dream said:
I need some PC impressions from my trusted BESTies.

Don't know if it's just me, but everytime I try to do a quick game it freezes once the intro videos are done (once right after and the other time immediately after tipoff). Not sure what the deal is, pretty frustrating though.

outsida

Playing the PC version and just started a season with the Bulls and they did the animated break down of the starters. Is there a different one that people are saying is missing?

outsida said:
Playing the PC version and just started a season with the Bulls and they did the animated break down of the starters. Is there a different one that people are saying is missing?

Did you get yours on Steam?

Mine didn't have an animation exactly, just a glorified stat sheet. I guess I'll redownload it and see if that fixes my performance issues

outsida

peppermints said:
Did you get yours on Steam?

Mine didn't have an animation exactly, just a glorified stat sheet. I guess I'll redownload it and see if that fixes my performance issues
Yes the Steam version. And by animated I mean like D-Rose doing a crossover animation while they showed his stats. Then every other starter did a simple one after. Is there a different one thats not in the PC version?

outsida said:
Yes the Steam version. And by animated I mean like D-Rose doing a crossover animation while they showed his stats. Then every other starter did a simple one after. Is there a different one thats not in the PC version?

Nope mine just had a redone version of the floating heads from 2k11. Mine does have the intro video with the legends mixed with current players. Strange.. Of course I could be wrong since can't even get one game to start. Messed with training camp and practice mode and those work fine. Training camp is a pretty good way to learn controls. Starts off with MJ teaching Kobe how to shoot and has other legends doing the same for their modern 'equivalents '. Way better than any tutorial in previous games.

Fjordson

Sounds like my good online matches were a freak thing. And can't even connect on 360 now lol.

Actual gameplay is smooth as hell, though. Really loving how it controls.

outsida

peppermints said:
Nope mine just had a redone version of the floating heads from 2k11. Mine does have the intro video with the legends mixed with current players. Strange.. Of course I could be wrong since can't even get one game to start. Messed with training camp and practice mode and those work fine. Training camp is a pretty good way to learn controls. Starts off with MJ teaching Kobe how to shoot and has other legends doing the same for their modern 'equivalents '. Way better than any tutorial in previous games.
I need to try out the training camp mode then as I'm lost in the post.

Nightz

What covers did you guys get? Also, for those who got your games at a retail store, how was the spread of the 3 different covers? Was there more of one particular cover, or an even split among the 3?

Fjordson

Nightz said:
What covers did you guys get? Also, for those who got your games at a retail store, how was the spread of the 3 different covers? Was there more of one particular cover, or an even split among the 3?
Amazon sent me Larry Bird =(

Not a big deal, but I would have proffered MJ or Magic.

EekTheKat

Amazon sent me Magic (PS3), was kind of hoping for Larry but went with it.

played a quick game against CPU Heat and had a nice back and forth against the Celtics. Garnett killed himself on the very first play I used him in the post though and had to be taken out of the game after he went down hard on the floor.

Top Bottom