• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K13 Online Association lOTl Dreamcast Servers Be Gone!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Playing the CPU now. Getting raped by the pgs :(

DCX

Sliders not adjusted yet? If not then yeah prepare for continual pg ABUSE!!!!

Are you guys cool with contacting each other through text or facebook? I'm really not on GAF much anymore and I don't use AIM on my phone much. Could make things a bit easier.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just ABUSE. Paint ABUSE..its like playing a random :/

DCX

In my game against the Spurs the CPU attempted 19 total shots outside the key.

ATTEMPTED!! So that means that some of those were rushed shots at the end of shot clock or end of game clock. They attempted 83 shots within the key.

Ridunkulous.

Smokey

Faze did your trade go through? Don't see it listed?

I've been messing with these sliders and they've been working out great. Makes CPU games actually fun to play. Not sure if you want to use any custom sliders Smokey but just throwing it out there.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/584122-mkharsh33-nba-2k13-all-star-sliders.html

Which slider set? 1 or 2?

Game is on Dec 18th right now. Games that need to be played:

Dec 20th: Wizards (Dark Faze) vs. Warriors (Truelize)
Dec 21st: Wizards (Dark Faze) vs. Kings (CPU)
Dec 21st: Hornets (CPU) vs. Clippers (CrawfishPete)
Dec 22nd: Knicks (DCX) vs. Celtics
Dec 22nd: Bobcats (CPU) vs. Rockets (Smokey)

5 hrs left before it moves to Dec 19th so there should be plenty of time.

Ferny

I think Dark Faze and myself had a game Dec 19th no? I'll get on and check.

I used the first set myself Smokey.

Faze did your trade go through? Don't see it listed?

Which slider set? 1 or 2?

Game is on Dec 18th right now. Games that need to be played:

Dec 20th: Wizards (Dark Faze) vs. Warriors (Truelize)
Dec 21st: Wizards (Dark Faze) vs. Kings (CPU)
Dec 21st: Hornets (CPU) vs. Clippers (CrawfishPete)
Dec 22nd: Knicks (DCX) vs. Celtics
Dec 22nd: Bobcats (CPU) vs. Rockets (Smokey)

5 hrs left before it moves to Dec 19th so there should be plenty of time.

idk ill check it out now.

And I need to play the lakers

When are you good to play?

it was simmed

and right now we've got like 3 player controlled teams that might make the playoffs

I hate to say it...but this game is trash. There are numerous things wrong with it that straight up didn't exist in 2k11.

The defensive A.I for your own teammates are just atrocious. I mean on inbound plays you literally can't even move players, and all of a sudden guys are wide open or cutting down the middle by the time you regain control.

Guys don't even put a body on players half the time. The A.I gets the ball right in the paint like its 2k6.

Shot timing is off. I've never had a problem with shot timing like I have in this years game.

It used to be if you just played a guy straight up inside and didn't get too crazy by trying to swat shit that it'd be hard to foul a guy. Now it just seems like it doesn't matter whether you're in good position or not and some behind the scenes shit is going to determine if a guy is going to the line.

Just not really having any fun at all in this years game. Really close to just sending this shit back to be honest.

Just went 42, 5 and 7 with Wall and lost to the Kings. I literally did everything I could to win and I absolutely should have won that game but guys grabbed stupid boards, went to the line constantly, ran out on fast breaks without my guards reacting..and I'm talking stupid fast breaks...like missed jumpshots in a halfcourt set. I went back on replay and Nene missed a jumper, Thornton was literally sitting on the 3pt line with Wall. Cousins grabs the board and Thornton just takes off and CPU wall just doesn't react at all.

Fuck this shit

Smokey

When we Vance?

DCX

It advances every calendar day in game every 6 hours. There is no advance as we knew it in the past. I can advance one week from calendar date in week, but that is it. It would sim all of the unplayed games in that one week period.

Smokey

So every 6 hours it advances a 2k day. I see. Kinda cool i guess.

DCX

Right. So it should still be on Dec 15th in game with some time left. My next game isn't until the 22nd for example so I have some time before I need to play it.

Smokey

Wait our game wasn't till Dec 19th I thought. If it's on Dec 15th how did it get simmed?

My bad I think it's on the 19th now going by my post earlier in the day. I mentioned last page that I accidentally advanced a week a head and in the process games were simmed. You and faze game may have gotten caught in that.

DCX

DCX
DRose was

ibdwQ1sk49fXdw.gif

Through my D like nothing. GG Nightz

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey: second set of sliders.

Dark Faze: wait for the the sliders to get changed. They turn up awareness quite a bit and your players might start acting a bit smarter. I think I saw a difference. Especially in postioning.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
How the fuck are all of anas trades going through but mine arent?

Fuck this league right now
I've had several just disappear after an extended waiting period, which I assume means that the trade was declined.

I've had one that was sent to arbitration before being approved and a couple that just eventually went through without anything other than the passing of time --- usually about 7 in-game days, I think.

Tip on dealing with CPU teams:
Go to "trade finder", but instead of choosing one of YOUR players, choose a player (or players) that you want from another team. That team will then return between 2 and 5 trade scenario offers which, as long as you don't modify the scenario AT ALL, should go through after you submit and go through the waiting period

DO NOT SUBMIT TRADE SCENARIOS THAT INVOLVE FUTURE DRAFT PICKS. It's too easy to influence the CPU with trades that involve future picks. The final decision on this should probably come from Smokey, but I've personally passed on VERY juicy trade possibilities based on my opinion that leveraging picks that are essentially worth nothing to us is TRADE CHEESING.

Also, some players may result in no trade scenarios being returned by the CPU, presumably based on your team's current roster. For example, the Heat would not offer any scenarios to me for any of the Big 3. I'm assuming that they don't value any of my players (individually or in combination) as valuable enough to make a deal. Maybe the Thunder or Lakers would get a trade scenario if they offered Kobe or Durant --- no idea.

But yeah, 2K could seriously stand to provide some better feedback when it comes to trade offers and how they conclude --- especially if they are declined.

EDIT: Can't wait for Season 2. Hopefully we can settle on some league settings to lock in by then.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Yea Houston dropped the ball i think. They have been trying or years to get a "star" They think they have two now in Lin and Harden. Godspeed to them.

DCX
Agreed. I feel like they vastly over-valued Harden. Didn't OKC grab their front office staff from the Spurs organization? This would be why. They just got younger and arguably more versatile AND got picks in addition.

Ferny, are you available to get our game in right now? I've got some down time from the fam.

Ferny

Agreed. I feel like they vastly over-valued Harden. Didn't OKC grab their front office staff from the Spurs organization? This would be why. They just got younger and arguably more versatile AND got picks in addition.

Ferny, are you available to get our game in right now? I've got some down time from the fam.
I could get on now if you're available.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I asked earlier but I think it got missed.

Are you guys cool with contacting each other through text or facebook? I'm really not on GAF much anymore and I don't use AIM on my phone much. Could make things a bit easier.

DCX

DCX
I asked earlier but I think it got missed.

Not an issue with me.

DCX

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
GG, Ferny. Your guys were missing some puzzling shots in the paint after the 1st quarter. Hate when it seems like the game has it in for you, making simple things seem impossible.

EDIT: Is everyone still on AIM? That's what I had been using in the past, and still have the Trillian app on my phone so people can catch me.

Ferny

GG, Ferny. Your guys were missing some puzzling shots in the paint after the 1st quarter. Hate when it seems like the game has it in for you, making simple things seem impossible.

Yeah there were some shots that, after you made your run there, just missed wide open and it felt like the game made me miss them. You had some great shots though that just killed me in a lot of points during that game. The offensive rebounding numbers also we're very much in your favor.

Smokey

Yea Houston dropped the ball i think. They have been trying or years to get a "star" They think they have two now in Lin and Harden. Godspeed to them.

DCX

Nope. Harden is 23 brah and was one of if not the best young sg in the league. Lin is whatever but I like how people are all of a sudden downplaying harden. The rockets are not going to be as bad as people think. They have said repeatedly that they are going to run this year. Taking inspiration from the nuggets style of play. Looking at how they've done I will the preseason I'd say they are on the right track.

I also like how you keep clowning in my team when you still have amare with no knees and the same old Melo. You aren't wining shit with the heat and now Brooklyn coming up. Neither are the Rockets in the west.

DCX

DCX
Nope. Harden is 23 brah and was one of if not the best young sg in the league. Lin is whatever but I like how people are all of a sudden downplaying harden. The rockets are not going to be as bad as people think. They have said repeatedly that they are going to run this year. Taking inspiration from the nuggets style of play. Looking at how they've done I will the preseason I'd say they are on the right track.

I also like how you keep clowning in my team when you still have amare with no knees and the same old Melo. You aren't wining shit with the heat and now Brooklyn coming up. Neither are the Rockets in the west.
You mad? You were the one clowning when you had our picks and took McGrady off your hands. Oh shit Hill is going to be a beast for us! Lol NY!!

Then we missed out on LeBron and it was more clowning . Then you said we gonna get Melo. Nope. We gonna get Gasol. Nope. We gonna get D12. Nope. You got Lin and Harden. You win bro.

We ain't bout dat Houston life. Harden is going to be a decent player. He ain't no star. He isn't a first option either. He is kinda like the dude you traded, Martin. Volume shots will get you stats. Look at Lin.

Maybe. Just maybe you can sign someone in the off season but if Lin, Assik and Harden is the future your GM is worse than ours.

DCX

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
We ain't bout dat Houston life. Harden is going to be a decent player. He ain't no star. He isn't a first option either. He is kinda like the dude you traded, Martin. Volume shots will get you stats. Look at Lin.
This is why I love the trade for OKC so much. They get a shooter in Kmart to replace Harden off the bench, they get an athletic young Lamb, and they stockpile future picks.

Not trying to hate anyone's team, but I've definitely developed a man-crush for the OKC front office.

Smokey

You mad? You were the one clowning when you had our picks and took McGrady off your hands. Oh shit Hill is going to be a beast for us! Lol NY!!

Then we missed out on LeBron and it was more clowning . Then you said we gonna get Melo. Nope. We gonna get Gasol. Nope. We gonna get D12. Nope. You got Lin and Harden. You win bro.

We ain't bout dat Houston life. Harden is go in g to be a decent player. He ain't no star. He isn't a first option either. He is kinda like the dude you traded, Martin. Volume shots will get you stats. Look at Lin.

Maybe. Just maybe you can sign someone in the off season but if Lin, Assik and Harden is the future your GM is worse than ours.

DCX

You not about that Houston life so tell me exactly what new york Knickerbocker life is about I'd love to hear it

Harden isn't a first option because derp, they have durant. How many times during the season is it brought up that dude could be a starter on numerous nba teams.. Now he will get his chance.

I also saw how you basically said Martin and Harden are the same player imma let you make it on that one

DCX

DCX
I just said that Martin isn't a first option either but they gave him free reign and he got STATS!!$$ Harden is a much better defender and slasher.

I know he wasn't going to be the first option or even the second in OKC but when he runs the second unit that boy does his own thing and forces shit. When someone bodied him he folded like a leaf and when ghost on OKC.

You'll see. I'll be waiting.

DCX

Smokey

Alright bros, I have updated the sliders. They are based off of these here, but in some areas they are tweaked. Play the CPU and lemme know and we can go from here.

Omega

Banned
cpu is cheap as fuck still.

Tyrus Thomas looking like prime KG out there, and Gerald Henderson became Reggie Miller in the second half.

Love isn't that bad of a defender. fuck this game and it's bs

Smokey

judging by ur game against the cats ima say they aint workin too well LOL

they weren't too bad. lost by 2. still tied for 7 in the conference aint even trippppppin

cpu is cheap as fuck still.

Tyrus Thomas looking like prime KG out there, and Gerald Henderson became Reggie Miller in the second half.

Love isn't that bad of a defender. fuck this game and it's bs

Try again. I had changed them when your game was in progress.

Smokey

Schedule is on Dec 23rd.

Next game that needs to be played is Wizards v Twolves on Dec 26th. All other games up to that one have been played (including CPU)

Top Bottom