• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K13 Online Association lOTl Dreamcast Servers Be Gone!

DCX

DCX
yeah it advances every calendar date every 6 hours unless i have it paused..which i do now

Just let me know.

In other news I have been informed that great DCX will be taking over as the Knicks sometime in the next week!

5-Iman-Shumpert-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKBrX8jVv4I

DCX

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
#shumpdagod #knickstape #DCXisback

Where's Phee? I need my nemesis!

DCX
Bad news. I traded the CPU for Tyson Chandler. :(

Fair warning!
sixers owner is banned, anachronous.

i added him to my friends list and was able to get a game in.

gg amory. if i didn't have that many FT's, it would have been a lot closer... harden was getting a whistle any time he went in the lane (just like real life!)
Thanks for the heads up!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
what? and what did i get?

DCX
CPU GM requested Matt Bonner and Andrea Bargnani.

Well, I've played every game available to me aside from the 76ers game. Added him tonight and used the "suggest a game time" feature. That game isn't until December 14th, though, so we should be fine if a few days pass on the in game calendar.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Alright I will take the Warriors. Hope this game has good ankle physics.
Bogut and Curry pray for good tape jobs and flat landings.
I wonder if some does a flagrant foul on Bogut if he falls apart like a Lego dude. Hmmm

So how do I get in Smokes?

Smokey

Alright I will take the Warriors. Hope this game has good ankle physics.
Bogut and Curry pray for good tape jobs and flat landings.
I wonder if some does a flagrant foul on Bogut if he falls apart like a Lego dude. Hmmm

So how do I get in Smokes?

I will PM you the info. Just so you know how the advancement works...it goes by calendar day (in game). So if it is October 23rd on the schedule in the game, it will advance to the 24th in 6 hours. Means that if you have a game scheduled for 10/23 you have 6 hours to play it before the game moves on to next calendar date and it gets simmed (unless I pause the league).

Heading on now to unpause it!

Also you can sign 1 FA, but he can't be used in trades.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Wow, tight game versus the 76ers. Lawson had to hit a three as time expired to put me up by one for the win.

GG!

No game available for the Nuggets now until the in game calendar gets deep
into December. January 12th I think is the actual scheduled date.

EDIT: Also posting this here from the OP, since he messaged me at one point telling me I had to guard on-ball at all times:
Defense - Manual defense is preferred, but not required . If you do not guard the ball handler no roaming around lunging for passes or playing the passing lanes for steals
I politely pointed out the correct rule to him, but thought it might save some heart/headache in the future if everyone understands the defense rule.

I play on ball when possible, but if you have good ball movement, either around the perimeter or inside-out, I'm not going to attempt to change to the defender 5 or more times in a possession, undoubtedly leaving one of my guys out of position simply due to the pause between switching players, and I wouldn't expect others to compromise their defense by doing so either.

Smokey

Glad you posted that. In the past it was manual all De time but I've tried to be more flexible with it in this franchise.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey, I am curious if you would consider making some adjustment to the sliders. I played two games today against the CPU and lets just say I have had better experiences with this game.

Smokey

Smokey, I am curious if you would consider making some adjustment to the sliders. I played two games today against the CPU and lets just say I have had better experiences with this game.

I've been messing with these sliders and they've been working out great. Makes CPU games actually fun to play. Not sure if you want to use any custom sliders Smokey but just throwing it out there.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/584122-mkharsh33-nba-2k13-all-star-sliders.html

i will try these. we have been adjusting them as we go and from feedback.

3 CPU games in a row meeeeeeeh

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've been messing with these sliders and they've been working out great. Makes CPU games actually fun to play. Not sure if you want to use any custom sliders Smokey but just throwing it out there.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/584122-mkharsh33-nba-2k13-all-star-sliders.html

These are the same sliders that I am using. I am using the second set with only a couple of tweaks.
Played 4 games with them and have been incredibly impressed.

Where as in my online association game today against the powerhouse Phoenix Suns I was out rebounded 18 to 2 in the second quarter. 9 of those were offensive boards. On two occasions Jared Dudley grabbed a rebound against Bogut, Lee and Barnes. TWICE! That is an example of the rebounding issues.

On the offensive side of the ball the default sliders make the game a pg rapefest and 80% of the pts scored wind up being in the paint. On many occasions the ball handler would just dribble into the defender, bounce back a step and then dribble back into them. Once they were in the paint they would start their shot which triggers a layup variation. Not much you can do there.

If we are going to play on superstar settings it would help to make concessions to guarantee the CPU is making intelligent choices. And it seems in this years game the defense don't cheat like they have in the past.
Like I said I have only played 4 games with those sliders but they have been some of the best games I have ever played.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Lakers, when can we run? Nuggets here.

After 10PM Eastern I'm usually free, but I may be able to squeeze it in between 9AM and 1PM Eastern today if you're around.

Dark Faze are you going to play your CPU games? Let me know, if not I can advance the schedule 1 week.

Man I'm fuckin 2-6...guess some shit got simmed. All I can do is fight back to get to .500 for playoffs. Goddam.

1-1 in human games, fuck dis CPU bs...

I'm going to play them when I get home at 5:45 EST after work :(

Revampin the entire roster right now. Shit might get real. Love my boy Wall but I can't really attack CPU defense with him because every perimeter defender is prime Artest. KYRIE HERE I COME.

Smokey

Man I'm fuckin 2-6...guess some shit got simmed. All I can do is fight back to get to .500 for playoffs. Goddam.

1-1 in human games, fuck dis CPU bs...

I'm going to play them when I get home at 5:45 EST after work :(

Revampin the entire roster right now. Shit might get real. Love my boy Wall but I can't really attack CPU defense with him because every perimeter defender is prime Artest. KYRIE HERE I COME.

Alright I'll let the clock roll then. We can try those sliders that true was talking about because #whynot.. The cpu still sucks so maybe that will make it more enjoyable

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I honestly feel like the CPU presents a fun challenge, and haven't run into a CPU loss that I could look at and say, "I did everything I could perfectly, and it still wasn't enough."

I feel that way after playing Smokey, sometimes, but not any of the CPU games this year.

Just about every game I've lost against the computer has been a result of my shot timing behind off, me being impatient and undisciplined, or the CPU having a couple players get blazing hot --- once or twice it's been a combination of those factors.

Personally, I LIKE the fact that all of the real people aren't at the top of the standings and just crushing every CPU game. That being said, the way 2K implemented the timer and in-game calendar leaves a lot to be desired.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I honestly feel like the CPU presents a fun challenge, and haven't run into a CPU loss that I could look at and say, "I did everything I could perfectly, and it still wasn't enough."

I feel that way after playing Smokey, sometimes, but not any of the CPU games this year.

Just about every game I've lost against the computer has been a result of my shot timing behind off, me being impatient and undisciplined, or the CPU having a couple players get blazing hot --- once or twice it's been a combination of those factors.

Personally, I LIKE the fact that all of the real people aren't at the top of the standings and just crushing every CPU game. That being said, the way 2K implemented the timer and in-game calendar leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm gonna guess if you are winning your games against the CPU the reason is because you are a good offensive player. And if you are then I don't see any settings be a real issue because you can do whatever you want already.
But if you are not a great offensive player and need to earn every basket it's heart breaking to be playing your ass off and have the CPU get rebounds they shouldn't and always find a way into the key for a basket in the paint.
The sliders wont make a massive difference at all. And they most definitely wont make the game easy. Just feels more realistic and the CPU makes more realistic decisions.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I'm gonna guess if you are winning your games against the CPU the reason is because you are a good offensive player. And if you are then I don't see any settings be a real issue because you can do whatever you want already.
But if you are not a great offensive player and need to earn every basket it's heart breaking to be playing your ass off and have the CPU get rebounds they shouldn't and always find a way into the key for a basket in the paint.
The sliders wont make a massive difference at all. And they most definitely wont make the game easy. Just feels more realistic and the CPU makes more realistic decisions.
Hope I didn't come off as arguing against slider changes --- it's really fine with me, I just like the fact that I go into every game with some amount of doubt in regards to the result. In the past that wasn't the case.

Can you do tomorrow after 10PM? Got an event I gotta attend tonight.
Not sure if the wife and I are going out tomorrow night, but I won't rule out the possibility of playing our game. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Ferny

Hope I didn't come off as arguing against slider changes --- it's really fine with me, I just like the fact that I go into every game with some amount of doubt in regards to the result. In the past that wasn't the case.

Not sure if the wife and I are going out tomorrow night, but I won't rule out the possibility of playing our game. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Ok well tomorrow or any day after i'm cool for sure.

DCX

DCX
Game is in hand!! I will got through a crash course on the controls today and be ready by tonight :) Smokey what's the league info?

DCX

I don't know, my team A.I is just constantly exploited by the CPU this year. There are times when I put my guys in favorable positions defensively, like forcing a guy to the baseline and knowing my PF is in a good position to pick him up...and dude just gets an easy layup with Nene just standing there like a dumb motherfucker.

AND THE FUCKING SHOOTING FOULS. I mean, shit I was going up against Bargs yesterday and I let CPU nene guard him so I could box out their C down low and Nene needlessly fouls a turnaround jumper.

And I'm really getting sick of the invulnerable gather animations. I'm chasing down Jason Kidd off the break and time a block perfectly but once dudes go into their gather super layup animations it's basically like the defender doesn't exist.

The perimeter defense is just insane by the CPU as well. I tested it out the other night and did a hesitation and a light tap back and forth of my analog so that Wall didn't actually move, but the CPU literally performed a power strafe and then got back into position as if it was literally reacting to my inputs instead of what my guy was doing on the court.

Smokey

Game is in hand!! I will got through a crash course on the controls today and be ready by tonight :) Smokey what's the league info?

DCX

I will Pm you the info

I don't know, my team A.I is just constantly exploited by the CPU this year. There are times when I put my guys in favorable positions defensively, like forcing a guy to the baseline and knowing my PF is in a good position to pick him up...and dude just gets an easy layup with Nene just standing there like a dumb motherfucker.

AND THE FUCKING SHOOTING FOULS. I mean, shit I was going up against Bargs yesterday and I let CPU nene guard him so I could box out their C down low and Nene needlessly fouls a turnaround jumper.

And I'm really getting sick of the invulnerable gather animations. I'm chasing down Jason Kidd off the break and time a block perfectly but once dudes go into their gather super layup animations it's basically like the defender doesn't exist.

The perimeter defense is just insane by the CPU as well. I tested it out the other night and did a hesitation and a light tap back and forth of my analog so that Wall didn't actually move, but the CPU literally performed a power strafe and then got back into position as if it was literally reacting to my inputs instead of what my guy was doing on the court.

I know man I hate how they make you have a league with cpu as the rest of the teams. I haven't had a chance to implement those new sliders true was talking about but I should be able to today as I will have some time.

I don't think any amount of tweaking will not make the cpu an ass though.

This is why I only made the season 29 games so let's get through it and see what happens!

Smokey

Truelize joined last week
DCX is joining tonight
Nightz is joining tonight (maybe)
McNulty from Madden may be joining next week

Slowly my friends

I'm on my phone ill have to look for the info and Im supposed to be working I am not sok lol

Cuz it has to be approved by me or go to arbitration or whatever. What was your trade wall for Lil kyrie?! Hmm

Jordan Crawford/Wall for Kyrie. It's a fair deal.

I also have Nene for David West (nene higher rated) straight up I think.

And I think I have Ariza/Seraphin for Aaron Afflalo and some scrub.

Approve them plz.

Top Bottom