• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K14 Season 11 Online League |OT| Featuring Next-Gen Dreamcast Servers

rinse82

I turn the ball over like crazy, every time I play someone it seems like my opponent's denying the ball like crazy and stepping into every passing lane.

Is there a specific defensive strategy for that?

I turn the ball over like crazy, every time I play someone it seems like my opponent's denying the ball like crazy and stepping into every passing lane.

There really isn't, it's all the AI. I have a feeling it also depends on the player because it seems like the Heat tend to get a lot more of those (Which is the case in real life because it's their system to gamble and help)

It's pretty annoying though because sometimes my AI will go for steals when I don't ask them to and they'll end up fouling...even though I'm not the one who pressed it. Or, I'll have an AI steal a lazy OOB pass thrown by someone then get accused of cheap play!

And it's also annoying as the offensive player because what usually looks like a simple pass around the perimeter gets picked off

Smokey

Yeah Phee and I talked about this a few pages ago. It's a bit much but at the same time it's probably a reflex issue from last gen 2k titles where you coould just throw the ball all over the place for the most part.

Also need to take into account signature skills. When we played last night I had Beverely and Lin in at one time. Beverely has 2 defensive SKs and Lin has an interceptor SK. Because of that they play the passing lanes and get a lot of deflections.

You can also press r1+icon of player and move right stick in direction you want them to cut if they are being heavily defended. This will get them some breathing room for a split second.

On a different note I recommend everyone change their defensive assist to 50. It's in the options menu once you are in game. Press r2 a few times and you'll see it towards the bottom. This helps with manual defense. By default it's at 0 and is pretty much impossible to stop from sliding all over the place.

My 15 game win streak ended last night. Sitting at 16-1 now :(. Fucking knicks. Terrible in RL but gods in 2k in the right hands.

rinse82

Yeah Phee and I talked about this a few pages ago. It's a bit much but at the same time it's probably a reflex issue from last gen 2k titles where you coould just throw the ball all over the place for the most part.

Also need to take into account signature skills. When we played last night I had Beverely and Lin in at one time. Beverely has 2 defensive SKs and Lin has an interceptor SK. Because of that they play the passing lanes and get a lot of deflections.

You can also press r1+icon of player and move right stick in direction you want them to cut if they are being heavily defended. This will get them some breathing room for a split second.

On a different note I recommend everyone change their defensive assist to 50. It's in the options menu once you are in game. Press r2 a few times and you'll see it towards the bottom. This helps with manual defense. By default it's at 0 and is pretty much impossible to stop from sliding all over the place.

My 15 game win streak ended last night. Sitting at 16-1 now :(. Fucking knicks. Terrible in RL but gods in 2k in the right hands.

Melo shit all over my D in a game I played after ours.

Ramirez

Bout to, and ok I guess.

2K makes my Astro's crack, pop, and eventually quit working until I reset the system. It's the only game it happens on, fucking VC.

Sanjuro

Bout to, and ok I guess.

2K makes my Astro's crack, pop, and eventually quit working until I reset the system. It's the only game it happens on, fucking VC.

I think it's an error with the Dolby on PS4. I've had it happen in other games.

Quickest solution is to pause the game, dashboard/settings, re-select the sound. Should be fine when you go back into the game.

Ramirez

I think it's an error with the Dolby on PS4. I've had it happen in other games.

Quickest solution is to pause the game, dashboard/settings, re-select the sound. Should be fine when you go back into the game.

Awesome thanks.

I shockingly hung with smokey until an absolutely abysmal 3rd quarter. I think I scored two points. -_-

Smokey

Awesome thanks.

I shockingly hung with smokey until an absolutely abysmal 3rd quarter. I think I scored two points. -_-

thats cause i took you lightly then i saw i was about to get durantula cheesed so i had to clamp you down

also i'm pretty sure i ran into the coolest random. dude had a mic so i plugged mine in. he's a knicks fan who picked the heat smh. i asked him why and he said he can't stand them in RL. The rest of the match he proceeded to talk about Dolan and how Isiah is coming back and fuck da Knicks. Dolan needs to die lmao. It was like I was playing a gaffer.

Smokey

I think my issue may have been using the shot stick. Used square and had way better results in a few games after I played Ram.

Ramirez

I think my issue may have been using the shot stick. Used square and had way better results in a few games after I played Ram.

I switch between the two, when you're underneath the basket, Square usually only gives me a pump fake no matter how hard I push it. But square is way more reliable for shooting jumpers for me, I hate the stick for that.

Smokey

I switch between the two, when you're underneath the basket, Square usually only gives me a pump fake no matter how hard I push it. But square is way more reliable for shooting jumpers for me, I hate the stick for that.

I played a ton of games today over a 1.5-2 hr period. Used the square button for shooting and it was a massive improvement. For basket stuff though I still go to the shot stick.

hows the online code for ps4?

I've only played a couple of quickmatches but there seems to be "variable" shot lag which is making the game basically unplayable for me.

For example--I have to more or less let go of the shot half a second after Johns jumpshot animation is fully finished to get a decent release. In the old games shot lag was universal, but here I found that if I tried to respond with a similar timing for Beal I'd get a different result.

I suck ass at timing both offline and online. So I've never really noticed or cared about the lag that much.

It seems like shot selection is a better indicator...except when everything is an F and it still goes in lol

Ramirez

I feel like I need a cheat sheet sitting beside me to remember all of this games controls, and at times can't help but feel they're overly complex and could be simplified.

I feel like I need a cheat sheet sitting beside me to remember all of this games controls, and at times can't help but feel they're overly complex and could be simplified.

I agree the controls are really shitty, you just have to go to practice and learn which moves you're comfortable with and you'd actually use

You actually don't need to know every thing, just be able to pull off the important ones

I actually pulled this off against Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=330HeLlv52U

except that nobody was at the rim to contest me lol

Smokey

This is who I have signed into the league:

O4azFxM.jpg

We are missing:

Eznark - Bucks
Bob - Cavs
Ferny - Suns
LukeSmith - Pacers
Sanjuro- Celtics
Zep - 76ers
brentech - (?)
mastershake - Mavs
Colasante - magic
Mcnei1y - Wizards
Crow - (?)
Peterboi - Warriors

I've sent invites to all of you. Starting the league next week. Are you all playing or no? If not say something so that I can modify the amount of teams so that we can start.

This is who I have signed into the league:

We are missing:

Eznark - Bucks
Bob - Cavs
Ferny - Suns
LukeSmith - Pacers
Sanjuro- Celtics
Zep - 76ers
brentech - (?)
mastershake - Mavs
Colasante - magic
Mcnei1y - Wizards
Crow - (?)
Peterboi - Warriors

I've sent invites to all of you. Starting the league next week. Are you all playing or no? If not say something so that I can modify the amount of teams so that we can start.

ill take the warriors and then bobby can have the bulls

Ramirez

This game is so god damn frustrating at times. So sick of having a wide open look under the basket and the guy pump fakes instead of shooting.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Smoke, I'm going to try to play but life got a little busy for me after my son made the basketball team and my daughter made the cheerleading squad last week. I'm going to have to be a taxi driver for the next few months. If it gets to be too much I might have to bow out.

Since this is my first GAF league I'm not sure of the format. I know earlier you said 5 games a week or something. I'll give it my best shot to stay with it but life might get in the way for me.

Top Bottom