• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

DCX

DCX
Supposed to play Cerrius after the Lakers lose tonight. I'm so broke that i couldn't pick up Metal Gear yet, i'm so bumming!

DCX

Smokey

vumpler said:
How many hours was it?

18ish, although I'd say 80% of that is cutscenes...which are amazing. Wraps up the story perfectly. Amazing experience. MGS3 is still my favorite of the series, but 4 is right behind it.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Smokey Bones said:
18ish, although I'd say 80% of that is cutscenes...which are amazing. Wraps up the story perfectly. Amazing experience. MGS3 is still my favorite of the series, but 4 is right behind it.
Nice. My friend has it, I think I'll stay at his place Thursday night and we'll beat that biatch.

True: When do you want to play our game? I'm free tomorrow between 8-10pm CST or Tuesday after 7pm CST

Smokey Bones said:
Hey ChrisJames are you gonna be able to get our game in or is your Xbox 360 still overheating?

Sorry for the late response and for going M.I.A. over the past few days. I ended up going out of town for the weekend and didn't have access to the Internet.

I bought an Intercooler for the hell of it (despite the bad reviews), because it's my last hope really. I'm testing it out right now to see if it helps. I'll post results in here in a little while.

-And HOLY FUCK at: San Antonio 142, Memphis 75. 46 pts in one quarter... Wow.

--My system overheated again after ~30 minutes of having it powered on. Better, but not good enough to finish a game... Fuck.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Sorry for the late response and for going M.I.A. over the past few days. I ended up going out of town for the weekend and didn't have access to the Internet.

I bought an Intercooler for the hell of it (despite the bad reviews), because it's my last hope really. I'm testing it out right now to see if it helps. I'll post results in here in a little while.

-And HOLY FUCK at: San Antonio 142, Memphis 75. 46 pts in one quarter... Wow.

--My system overheated again after ~30 minutes of having it powered on. Better, but not good enough to finish a game... Fuck.

So the Intercooler failed?

I'm willing to try a couple more times.

When do you want to try Smokey? I'll be up for a few more hours if you're around. It could work because my apartment has cooled down considerably late at night, but still, it's a longshot. I basically just need a new 360. I wish I had 3 RROD instead of 2, so that I could get it fixed for free...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Chris do you have any compressed air? Have you tried clearing out the vents on the 360? Do you have it laying down horizontal or upright?
I'm just trying to think about some other options for you.

Vump: Monday night sounds good. I'm available approx 8 mountain time

Truelize said:
Chris do you have any compressed air? Have you tried clearing out the vents on the 360? Do you have it laying down horizontal or upright?
I'm just trying to think about some other options for you.

I don't have any compressed air. I've tried clearing out the vents by using a small handheld vacuum, which definitely made the vents appear to be cleaner. I always have it laying horizontally.

I appreciate the tips.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
When do you want to try Smokey? I'll be up for a few more hours if you're around. It could work because my apartment has cooled down considerably late at night, but still, it's a longshot. I basically just need a new 360. I wish I had 3 RROD instead of 2, so that I could get it fixed for free...

Tomorrow. I caught your message a bit too late.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
I don't have any compressed air. I've tried clearing out the vents by using a small handheld vacuum, which definitely made the vents appear to be cleaner. I always have it laying horizontally.

I appreciate the tips.

Hmmm. Well a blast of air might help move some stuff around, but I doubt it's really gonna help you. So is the system overheating or just the power bar? Can you borrow someone else's power bar and try your system for a night? Cause I bet you can find a replacement power bar pretty easily. Matrix probably has one. :)

Smokey Bones said:
Tomorrow. I caught your message a bit too late.

OK, I'll be able to give it a shot after 10:45 EST.

True, I don't know if it's the system or the power bar, but I'm pretty sure it's the console because I have tried propping the power bar over an open box so that 90% of it was able to ventilate and my 360 still overheated. However that might just be a rumor that that trick would even make it work. I guess I'll have to borrow a friend's power bar and see if it helps.

Alright AirBrian, I'll try to be on tonight for our match. Send me an XBL message and or a message on here for a time you think you'll be ready to play and I'll definitely respond to say if I can make that time.

From there we can just meet in the lobby at the chosen time if its agreed on.

Smokey

Seattle @ Chicago
Boston @ Memphis
Orlando @ Detroit
LA Lakers @ Utah

Deadline is tonight. Ones in bold are going to play tonight.

CB3 and Quinton what's the status of your game?

AirBrian said:
Sounds good. How about 8 PM (CDT)? If that doesn't work, how about 9 PM (CDT)?

8pm CDT? So that's 9pm eastern I believe. Sure. I'll post another message here just before 8pm cdt just before I get in the lobby. If that doesn't work out, I'll tell you I can be in there at 9pm CDT.

But be ready for 8pm CDT. I'll be in there more than likely.

GCQuinton

Smokey Bones said:
Seattle @ Chicago
Boston @ Memphis
Orlando @ Detroit
LA Lakers @ Utah

Deadline is tonight. Ones in bold are going to play tonight.

CB3 and Quinton what's the status of your game?

We should be playing it tonight.

AirBrian

Dark FaZe said:
8pm CDT? So that's 9pm eastern I believe. Sure. I'll post another message here just before 8pm cdt just before I get in the lobby. If that doesn't work out, I'll tell you I can be in there at 9pm CDT.

But be ready for 8pm CDT. I'll be in there more than likely.

Which ever time is good for me. I'll be on XBL, so just message me there when you're ready.

vumpler

Smokey Bones said:
I think Mountain Time is a hour behind central.
Good catch bro :) Thanks for the xbl msg. Luckily I had some studying I wanted to get done anyway and was just sitting there reading anyway.

Hopefully he will be here soon. i'm getting tired.

vumpler

Ok well True you've got 15 minutes to show up. So if at 10:20 CST you aren't on we'll have to post pone this game until Wednesday night at 9:30 CST.

I made plans with the wife that if I studied and played games tonight we would go see the Hulk tomorrow night. Sorry bud I was under the impression you wanted to play tonight. :/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sorry man I just remembered. Brutal hard day at work today. Got home about an hour ago, helped get two of the kids to bed, ate and now was just chilling out on the couch and remembered we had a game.

Super sorry.

If you can play still (and actually want to), I'll play. If not, Wednesday it will be.

Smokey

GG Chris, you scared me in the 4th with your push.

League has been advanced.

Here are the standings as of game 5:

1. Orlando Magic 5-0
2. Seattle Sonics 5-0
3. Miami Heat 4-1
4. LA Lakers 4-1
5. Denver Nuggets 4-1
6. San Antonio Spurs 4-1
7. Chicago Bulls 2-3
8. Memphis Grizzlies 2-3

9. Utah Jazz 2-3
10. NY Knicks 2-3
11. Detroit Pistons 1-4
12. Boston Celtics 0-5

13. Dallas Mavericks - out of league
14. Houston Rockets - out of league

Few notes:

-Trade deadline is game 8 so you have 3 more games to make some moves
-Top 8 make playoffs

Game 6 deadline is Thursday night.

ugh. why didn't the stats of chris and I's game get recorded?

:/

Good game Smokey. I want to break Rashard Lewis's legs. He was huge for you and I would like to think that I would have beat you if he hadn't gone crazy on me during the 3rd quarter and had his clutch shots at the end of the game. I was very glad to have my 360 make it all the way through a game. It was much cooler outside than usual tonight, so maybe the heat inside my apartment really does affect my system that much...

AirBrian, I probably will be gone all day tomorrow, so we'll have to play Wednesday. AKA, I'm going to want to make up our week 4 game this week.

AkaBalla

Dark Faze we play.. Unfortuantly my wifes grandmother passed so ill be out of the state for about 2 days. I may be back Weds night if not Thursday may be rough due to the finals if necessary. If The C's clinch tonight (Tuesday) then im good Thursday between 9p-11p est..

However i am up very early right now and i can play one within the next 15 minutes.

Does anyone have Dark's aim?

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
dcxxxxxxx

when can you play.

I'm on vacation this week so I'm available whenever.
Well, i''ll be home all day. Hopefully we could get it ASAP. If you're around now that would be perfect!

DCX

AirBrian

ChrisJames said:
Good game Smokey. I want to break Rashard Lewis's legs. He was huge for you and I would like to think that I would have beat you if he hadn't gone crazy on me during the 3rd quarter and had his clutch shots at the end of the game. I was very glad to have my 360 make it all the way through a game. It was much cooler outside than usual tonight, so maybe the heat inside my apartment really does affect my system that much...

AirBrian, I probably will be gone all day tomorrow, so we'll have to play Wednesday. AKA, I'm going to want to make up our week 4 game this week.
Sounds good, CJ. What time works for you? I should be ready any time after 7 PM on Wednesday.

Smokey

I hate 360...hate hate hate it.

Seriously thinking about selling this POS when the league is over and just stick w/ my PS3.

First game DCX and I get to the 3rd quarter and our game times out. 2nd game we get to the 2nd qtr and my 360 decides to give me DDE which it does all the fucking time.

Frustrating POS.

DCX

DCX
It is frustrating. First game i was cutting his lead down to around 6, felt i was making some head way and it goes. All i can think about is " great...now i'll lose by 25 " second game i made some adjustments and play tight D and the score is like 28-24 with like a minute or so left in the first half feeling great about my chances especially since i started the game down 14-4 and his system stokes out. Ugh...

DCX

Smokey

Good game DCX.

Really good game going into the 4th where I believe it was tied up. Lewis was terrible and couldn't hit anything and only ended up with 10 pts on 5/12 shooting. Howard came through for me with his 14 pts and 16 rebounds, many of those on offensive rebounds...but Mr. Reddick stepped up with a lot of key shots in the 4th qtr and finished with 19 pts. Both of us kind of struggled with shooting: I was at 45% for the game and you at 40%.

You played me really tight the entire game until the 4th where I outscored you 21-12, but I told you you take a lot of damn energy to play. I have to work hard for a lot of my shots.

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
Good game DCX.

Really good game going into the 4th where I believe it was tied up. Lewis was terrible and couldn't hit anything and only ended up with 10 pts on 5/12 shooting. Howard came through for me with his 14 pts and 16 rebounds, many of those on offensive rebounds...but Mr. Reddick stepped up with a lot of key shots in the 4th qtr and finished with 19 pts. Both of us kind of struggled with shooting: I was at 45% for the game and you at 40%.

You played me really tight the entire game until the 4th where I outscored you 21-12, but I told you you take a lot of damn energy to play. I have to work hard for a lot of my shots.
Good game. I struggled to score in the fourth as i had no one to go to. When i worked my way to a good shot off a dribble drive i missed like 4-5 inside chip shots, or bunnies as Kobe would say. It was disheartening to say the least.

Crawford layed an Egg going like 1 for 7. Bobby Jackson went 4-14 or something like that. I just didn't have the firepower to keep up. You have 4 shooters in your starting lineup with Lewis playing the PF for you. Matchup problems all over. I did as good as i could with the talent i had and my talent level, which according to AKA is garbage :lol Meh, i can hang my hat on playing the defending champ as hard as i can and push him to his limits.

You say you work hard for your shots but man you just burry them no matter what. Always beating the shot clock with daggers and Reddick got hot late which killed me. He hits with 2 hands in the face. I did my best /dane cook. No matter how good i have played this year i always come up short. I might miss the playoffs this season and i feel i have played better than i have with the Hornets. The Hornets just give you bail outs with Paul's speed and Peja's shooting.

DCX

vumpler

True: if for some odd reason you're on within the next 45 minutes i could get it in today just msg me on xbl and i'll quit the game im in.

vumpler

Cerrius: Wow. Good game man. You are by far the best player I've played so far. You work the ball perfectly to the open man and take great shots. Very well played.

Wish I could have been more competition. I was dead by the 4th quarter and just tried to score quickly each time. It didn't matter :lol you had an answer regardless.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
vumpler said:
Cerrius: Wow. Good game man. You are by far the best player I've played so far. You work the ball perfectly to the open man and take great shots. Very well played.

Wish I could have been more competition. I was dead by the 4th quarter and just tried to score quickly each time. It didn't matter :lol you had an answer regardless.

good game dude, Rudy Gay played awesome. I think you would've killed me though if Mike Miller had hit his shots. Everytime he shot the ball I always expected it to go in. Luckily for me, they bounced out.

On the offensive side, yeah I had a ton of open looks but I missed alot of them. I had an abysmal shooting performance, just terrible.

I didn't win, I survived. :lol

AkaBalla said:
Dark Faze we play.. Unfortuantly my wifes grandmother passed so ill be out of the state for about 2 days. I may be back Weds night if not Thursday may be rough due to the finals if necessary. If The C's clinch tonight (Tuesday) then im good Thursday between 9p-11p est..

However i am up very early right now and i can play one within the next 15 minutes.

Does anyone have Dark's aim?

OoTiMeRzoO

Sorry about your loss. Just post back here when your back in town and we should be able to get something going.

vumpler

True: I'm on until 5pm CST. So we would have to start by 4 CST.

I will be back at 9:30 CST to get our game in. Hopefully we can meet up today bro :D We're both busy.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
vumpler said:
True: I'm on until 5pm CST. So we would have to start by 4 CST.

I will be back at 9:30 CST to get our game in. Hopefully we can meet up today bro :D We're both busy.

We are not both that busy. :D One of us has a job and works normal hours.
I'm home now though. I should have my 360 on most of the night, if not hit me on AIM.

AIM = Truelize

Top Bottom