• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:
Period sounds like that can't be changed...when in fact...it can be. I've kept Aka's 50 PIP rule, but changed the trade stipulations to make the league more interesting. I've said my stance on FCP. If you're winning the game there is no need for you to FCP, but if you've been losing all game and need to try something different to try and get you back in the game there is nothing wrong with FCP. It is possible to FCP without being cheap or cheesy. That's stupid to say:

"I'm down by 8 but oh I can't FCP to try and disrupt my opponents rhythm or throw him off his game to cut that deficit. Only if I was down by 10+ points I could, but not 8 damn!".

That's silly.

Silly like having to take a loss on a game where you accidentally scored to many points in a the paint? :D

It's pretty late, but if anyone wants to run a scrimmage in the next half hour let me know.

Just shoot me a message on XBL (gamertag: MightBeWrong).

-Nevermind, my system felt like overheating (2 red lights)...

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
AkaBalla when can you play?

Sorry about last night i fell asleep after the close game with DCX. I out rebounded him on the O glass 14-10.

If anyone didnt know while my aim is on i dont idle when i'm away from the computer.

I will be around pretty much all day. Ill be on aim.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
It's pretty late, but if anyone wants to run a scrimmage in the next half hour let me know.

Just shoot me a message on XBL (gamertag: MightBeWrong).

-Nevermind, my system felt like overheating (2 red lights)...

Is it still overheating or have you not had a chance to try it again?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Look what I got....

I'm all alone :(

PICT0108.jpg

Smokey Bones said:
Is it still overheating or have you not had a chance to try it again?

I just tried to play a game and my system overheated about 8 minutes into it.

I even have the system sitting on the ground (but sitting on top of a shoe box) with a box fan blowing at full speed into the back of the system. I bet one of the fans inside the system broke. Fucking Microsoft and their shitty system design.

It did this to me before and I eventually got it to work again by doing the fan thing, but now it's not looking so good.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Do it Brian! It's worth it and that deal is too good to pass up.

Looks like Chris might be the 3rd one,hopefully his system calms down :(

They come in 3....

Dm
Me

who's next?

I'm dying for a PS3 (I needs me some MGS4), but it's just a really bad time for me financially. I'm getting ready to move and have to pay basically 2 months worth of rent within a span of 15 days. I was planning on getting a PS3 back in May with my stimulus check, but then I found out that the government screwed me over and I wasn't getting anything :(

AirBrian

I'm torn because outside of MGS4, I'm not sure what other games to get. I would definitely take advantage of the BR though -- and that alone is pushing me to pick one up.

CJ, that sucks about your stimulus check. :-( And I hope your 360 quits being stupid!

Matrix

Sorry to hear that Chris.

Brian....you are a Cubs fan and only the best baseball game ever is on the PS3! :D

Uncharted is awesome,Resistance is awesome too and I'm sure the price has gone down on both those games now.Also Super Stardust is an awesome download game.

Plus main Madden league on PS3 :p

Well I looked around on Google for tips on an overheating system and there were a bunch of places saying that part of the problem might be the power brick (granted, these articles were from right after launch), so I put the brick over an open box so it could ventilate better and that seems to be working so far...

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Smokey Bones said:
Might do a ps3 league next if the problems keep up with the 360.

How many ppl here have ps3?
I have the PS3 version (yes, I know I'm not involved with the current league in any way) and I think I'd like to join such a league should it come together.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I have had a PS3 since mid January and I have yet to play a game on it. I have Uncharted and I will get MGS4 this week. But once I've played those two it will become a Bluray player again.
I couldn't be less impressed with the interface. I'm very very into being able to have constant contact with people on my friends list on the 360. Heck I announced the birth of my third child on the 360 (and had 79 replies out of 100).
It's well know I like the achievement system. Sure. But I love being able to look at my friends list and see what others are playing or what they have played. I actually use it for what it is intended for. I'm always sharing strategies or comments with people about the games they are playing. Or warning someone to not play a game I am after they ask how it is.

If Sony ever gets their crap together and gives me a community interface like what the 360 has then I will game on it. But I feel way too disconnected when I'm on it.

I know I know it's a NBA thread. I'm sorry. But I consider this group to be my e-friends. And my comments would be lost in any other thread.

Outside of all the community stuff I have zero complaints about the system. NONE.

I have to go on vacation for 2 weeks on buisness so my times on 360 will be at batshit insane times. I just wont be on at the right times to do he rest of the games. So just take me out of the league.

I had no idea I would be leaving otherwise I would have never joined in the first place. sorry smokey.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
why do people always have to quit when im about to play them. always. cant they wait a week!

Smokey

BigBlackGamer said:
I have to go on vacation for 2 weeks on buisness so my times on 360 will be at batshit insane times. I just wont be on at the right times to do he rest of the games. So just take me out of the league.

I had no idea I would be leaving otherwise I would have never joined in the first place. sorry smokey.

Well, that's life I guess.

Guess I'll have to start looking for replacements.

:/

So that's 2 out:

matrix - RROD
BBG - Life

Anybody else so I can mentally prepare myself?

AirBrian

Truelize said:
I have had a PS3 since mid January and I have yet to play a game on it. I have Uncharted and I will get MGS4 this week. But once I've played those two it will become a Bluray player again.
I couldn't be less impressed with the interface. I'm very very into being able to have constant contact with people on my friends list on the 360. Heck I announced the birth of my third child on the 360 (and had 79 replies out of 100).
It's well know I like the achievement system. Sure. But I love being able to look at my friends list and see what others are playing or what they have played. I actually use it for what it is intended for. I'm always sharing strategies or comments with people about the games they are playing. Or warning someone to not play a game I am after they ask how it is.

If Sony ever gets their crap together and gives me a community interface like what the 360 has then I will game on it. But I feel way too disconnected when I'm on it.

I know I know it's a NBA thread. I'm sorry. But I consider this group to be my e-friends. And my comments would be lost in any other thread.

Outside of all the community stuff I have zero complaints about the system. NONE.
Man, don't apologize! We've gone way more off-topic in the NBA thread than this. :lol This is great stuff! <3

Smokey

AirBrian are you still good to play this evening?

Let me know, if not I'll be more than happy to continue playing MGS4:D

vumpler said:
Tomorrow after 4pm CST. Thanks!

FYI, I'm on PST and I typically don't get home until about 7:00pm-7:30pm. Given the Laker game is on tomorrow, I imagine tomorrow will not work. Hopefully we'll get it in late Friday or early Saturday. Thanks!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shawnwhann said:
FYI, I'm on PST and I typically don't get home until about 7:00pm-7:30pm. Given the Laker game is on tomorrow, I imagine tomorrow will not work. Hopefully we'll get it in late Friday or early Saturday. Thanks!
Yep, our paths should cross Friday or Saturday. Thanks!

AkaBalla

CJ and I tried to play 2 times the last 2 nights. CJ's xbox keeps on overheating.. So we wont be able to play due to our schedules on Thurs and Friday..

Sorry we tried.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Wait wait wait... So my trade of Pau for Melo gets nixed, but a trade between the pistons and nuggets nets the pistons JR Smith AND Kenyon Martin for Gabe Pruitt, some scrub ive never heard of, and Fabio? :lol :lol

I dont understand...

Chauncy/JR/Rip = get ready for 3-pt HELL

CB3 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Wait wait wait... So my trade of Pau for Melo gets nixed, but a trade between the pistons and nuggets nets the pistons JR Smith AND Kenyon Martin for Gabe Pruitt, some scrub ive never heard of, and Fabio? :lol :lol

I dont understand...

Chauncy/JR/Rip = get ready for 3-pt HELL

You've never heard of Aaron Afflalo? Dude was a stud at UCLA.

I don't think anybody noticed the trade. AKA proposed it to me before our game on Tuesday and I accepted. It's honestly a pretty even trade IMO. I was even worried that I was getting screwed over. However, I need a good back-up SG and JR fits perfectly :D

And the 3-pt hell part is contingent upon my 360 not overheating :( Seriously though, I'll probably have to get a new system or something... I think it's because my A/C is broken and it's a little hot in my apartment, but honestly it shouldn't matter that much so I'm pretty sure my 360 is borked.

AkaBalla

He is rated 71 but has a mid of 81 and a 3 rating of 77, he also has a better release than Smith..

See you out there!!!

:lol

AkaBalla

CJ change of plans i will be avail between 2:30p-3:30p today. So if you get this shoot me an aim message. Just bare with me if i dont respond quickly.

Change of plans for me to, I'm going to a friends to play/watch Metal Gear 4 until I have to work at 5. My 360 probably wouldn't let us get through the game anyways...

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
Change of plans for me to, I'm going to a friends to play/watch Metal Gear 4 until I have to work at 5. My 360 probably wouldn't let us get through the game anyways...

Ok then.. Well at least we tried!!!

Good luck

Top Bottom