• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I will be on and ready to go at 9:30 CST :)

Lets meet then in the lobby.

That's 1.5 hours from now.

AirBrian

Good game, CJ. Man, I'd like to say our defenses were on that game, but I think the offenses just weren't clicking. :lol Well, mine anyway. I lost count of how many times I would get you down to 1 second on the shot clock and you would drain a well-contested shot. :-( Anyhow, that game was a battle.

GG Brian.

Our offenses were definitely out of sync for most of that game, and I couldn't hit many outside shots with my usual guys (Billups, Rip, Tayshaun), but I think that both of our defense's were pretty damn good. And yeah it was certainly a battle. Very similar to a real Bulls-Pistons game.

Smokey Bones said:
So that Intercooler that I suggested to you is working out well Chris?

I think it's helping a little, but the biggest reason my 360 is running good is simply because it's been a lot cooler around here over the past few days (mid 60's, low 70's), so my apartment is much cooler (my a/c is broken).

vumpler

Truelize said:
I won a game!!!

GG Vump.
:lol GG. I couldn't compete with that run you had in the 3rd. I don't really know how to run a hurried offense so I end up just running and jacking something when I'm down by that much. At that point I go down even more and the game ends.

Smokey

CB3 said:
nah hedo aint rated worth shit for some reason

Also ratings don't mean TOO much...if you know how to use your players. If you look at my team right now I'm averaging 10+ PPG with 5 players:

Nelson (78)
Reddick (72)
Lewis (89)
Turkoglu (77)
Howard (95)

So as you can see out of 5 players, only 2 are rated 80+ and those are also the only 2 on my team that are rated as such and (except for season 3 when I traded away Turkoglu and Reddick) have allowed me to win back-back championships.

Just sayin...

vumpler

Smokey Bones said:
Also ratings don't mean TOO much...if you know how to use your players. If you look at my team right now I'm averaging 10+ PPG with 5 players:

Nelson (78)
Reddick (72)
Lewis (89)
Turkoglu (77)
Howard (95)

So as you can see out of 5 players, only 2 are rated 80+ and those are also the only 2 on my team that are rated as such and (except for season 3 when I traded away Turkoglu and Reddick) have allowed me to win back-back championships.

Just sayin...
Hacker

Smokey

Today is the deadline for game 6 and here is who has not yet played:

Utah v. San Antonio
Denver v. Seattle

Knock em down boys I'm advancing it tonight.

Smokey Bones said:
Today is the deadline for game 6 and here is who has not yet played:

Utah v. San Antonio
Denver v. Seattle

Knock em down boys I'm advancing it tonight.

Today is really packed for me meaning I won't be able to play until 7:30PM PST tonight. That work for you Utah?

DCX, I can either play our week 7 game tonight after the league is advanced or we can play tomorrow afternoon/evening just about any time.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
DCX, I can either play our week 7 game tonight after the league is advanced or we can play tomorrow afternoon/evening just about any time.
Tomorrow evening would be best as i'm off the wekend and i can stay up late.

DCX

Smokey

2k's brilliant servers appear to be down. If they don't go back up in a few then I'll just push the deadline to tomorrow night.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
That's a good idea Smokey, Wsv and I have had some trouble catching up tonight to play....

Alright well, I'm going to go ahead and advance it, your game is the only one that is remaining that needs to be played. So if you guys can meet up tomorrow then set the schedule back to the previous week to make the game up then all should be good, and I've given you co-admin abilities in case I'm not around to do it. Also check here first to let everyone know if you're going to move it back. I'm pretty sure you know how to do it but if not then just let me know.

Here are the games for week 7 :
  1. Denver @ San Antonio
  2. Orlando @ Boston
  3. Miami @ Lakers
  4. Utah @ Seattle
  5. Memphis @ Chicago
  6. Houston @ Dallas - void
  7. Detroit @ New York

Standings:
  1. Orlando (6-0)
  2. Miami (5-1)
  3. LA Lakers (5-1)
  4. Denver (5-1)
  5. Seattle (5-1)
  6. San Antonio (5-1) <--game needs to be made up with Utah for week 6
  7. Chicago (2-4)
  8. Boston (2-4)
    ---
  9. Utah (2-4)<--game needs to be made up with Spurs for week 6
  10. New York (2-4)
  11. Detroit (2-4)
  12. Memphis (1-5)

Remember, after WEEK 8 there can be NO more trades(as in I will turn the feature off in the league settings menu) so if you need to shake up your team you've got 2 more games to do it.

Deadline for GAME 7 is Monday 6/23

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
CB3 said:
i can play right now if you want. if not i can play tomorrow night

let's try and play now because I'll be busy during the weekend.

edit: 2k servers are fucked up now, ugh
edit2: ok im in

vumpler

Everyone on my team can be potentially traded! Offer me something!

I don't want to be last any longer :( :lol

Hey DCX, I'm not going to be able to stay up too late tonight because I have to work early in the morning. I'll be able to start a game anytime in the next 45 minutes. If you can't play tonight then we can play tomorrow. No big deal.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
vumpler said:
Everyone on my team can be potentially traded! Offer me something!

I don't want to be last any longer :( :lol

Lamar/Ronny for Mike Miller/Hakim Warrick?

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
Hey DCX, I'm not going to be able to stay up too late tonight because I have to work early in the morning. I'll be able to start a game anytime in the next 45 minutes. If you can't play tonight then we can play tomorrow. No big deal.
give me a few, i'll be on. i gotta eat.

DCX

GG DCX.

I know that was probably an especially painful loss for you because you led 99% of the game. You're defense is really good, as are your post players, and I couldn't believe some of the outside shots you hit.

Anyways, GG and good luck in the rest of the season.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
GG DCX.

I know that was probably an especially painful loss for you because you led 99% of the game. You're defense is really good, as are your post players, and I couldn't believe some of the outside shots you hit.

Anyways, GG and good luck in the rest of the season.
Yeah that sucked. I was on fire that game and still found a way to over defend and allow some open threes. I notice that most of my games are in the 60-70 range so my points in the paint are never a factor as i rarely ever get fastbreaks. I should have gave Curry and Zach some more touches down low, but i had some wideopen looks missed by my shooters in clutch time. Bobby Jackson decided to throw the game there at end with 2 missed free throws which led to you getting a three to go up two. I shoud have called a time out so i wasn't thinking in the end. Oh well. The best 2-5 team in the league.

DCX

Smokey

Hey True could you possibly play tonight? I'm out of town in Dallas but I'll be leaving later this afternoon and can hopefully get home around 10pm central.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:
Hey True could you possibly play tonight? I'm out of town in Dallas but I'll be leaving later this afternoon and can hopefully get home around 10pm central.

I'm pretty sure that will work. Send me a message when you get back.

Top Bottom