• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Smokey

Truelize said:
I'm pretty sure that will work. Send me a message when you get back.

I apologize, there was a change in plans w/ my g/f parents so we're not leaving until 6 AM tomorrow. I've got to work tomorrow but I should be available anytime after 7pm central.

AirBrian

Good game, Vumper. F'n rebounds killed me, which is pretty frustrating because I'm a good rebounding team. Nice job grabbing those boards!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
GG.

Yeah I don't know what was going on. Rudy kept camping under the basket but it worked out.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:
I apologize, there was a change in plans w/ my g/f parents so we're not leaving until 6 AM tomorrow. I've got to work tomorrow but I should be available anytime after 7pm central.

No worries. Same as before. Message me through live and AIM when you get home.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The Orlando Magic are the most overrated team in this game. :lol Everyone on that roster can shoot. EVERYONE!
I have players that don't hit a high percentage of their layups. Unguarded. During practice. In the gym by themselves.

Week advanced.

Spurs let me know when we can play.

Truelize said:
The Orlando Magic are the most overrated team in this game. :lol Everyone on that roster can shoot. EVERYONE!
I have players that don't hit a high percentage of their layups. Unguarded. During practice. In the gym by themselves.

Week advanced.

Spurs let me know when we can play.

We can play sometime early next week Boston.

Smokey

Truelize said:

Good game True. 3pters saved me, I need to be sharper in the 3rd.

League has been advanced early as all games have been completed. Here are the updated standings:

1. Orlando (7-0)
2. Miami (6-1)
3. Seattle Sonics (6-1)
4. San Antonio (6-1)
5. LA Lakers (5-2)
6. Denver (5-2)
7. Detroit (3-4)
8. Chicago (2-5)
---
9. Boston (2-5)
10. Memphis (2-5)
11. Utah (2-5)
12. New York (2-5)

Schedule for Game 8:

Lakers @ New York
Chicago @ Dallas <-auto win for Bulls
Denver @ Miami
Seattle @ Orlando
Boston @ San Antonio
Memphis @ Houston<--auto win for Grizz
Detroit @ Utah

After this series of games are complete, no more trades can be made. Repeat...this is the last game where you are allowed to make a trade. I'll be shuttin' her off when we get to game 9

We are now halfway through the season. It's never too early to make a push for that 8th spot or any other seed you think you can get. Last season it came down to the final game before the playoffs seeds were finally settled.

So with that said...get em played! Deadline is Wed 6/25.

Dark Faze when can we go?

GCQuinton, when can you play? I won't be able to play tomorrow until after 10:30 EST, but otherwise I will be around basically all day Tuesday and Wednesday.

AKABalla, we still need to make up our week 4 game. My 360 is working now, so let's get it in. No free win for you :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawnwhann said:
We can play sometime early next week Boston.

I didn't even know you had San An. Monday night a bit later works for me. Or Tuesday night pretty much anytime after 8 my time (7 yours).

GCQuinton

ChrisJames said:
GCQuinton, when can you play? I won't be able to play tomorrow until after 10:30 EST, but otherwise I will be around basically all day Tuesday and Wednesday.

AKABalla, we still need to make up our week 4 game. My 360 is working now, so let's get it in. No free win for you :D

I'm free anytime after 8 EST tomorrow, so that should work for me.

Truelize said:
I didn't even know you had San An. Monday night a bit later works for me. Or Tuesday night pretty much anytime after 8 my time (7 yours).

I can play tonight Boston! You can ping me anytime ol' yeller! :D

Smokey

GG Dark Faze.

Glad I was able to hold Durant well below his season avg (21 ppg) to a very respectable 9ppg. I'll take it:D !

Smokey Bones said:
GG Dark Faze.

Glad I was able to hold Durant well below his season avg (21 ppg) to a very respectable 9ppg. I'll take it:D !

:D

Honestly I wasn't really out to use Durant much this game. It seemed everyone else was hitting other than him and I didn't want to waste to many possessions forcing shots with him. Offensively I didn't do to badly as far as my shooting percentages, but I simply got murdered on the boards and had way to many turnovers.

My concentration was pretty much completely on the defensive end, and I simply couldn't stop you if I'm honest. I'm still new to the game having just picked it up before the league started, so I'm not good with a lot of off the ball movement and defending against so many 3 point shooters. I tried pretty much everything I could. On the ball defense, ball denial, and etc but I couldn't find any consistent way of slowing you down :(. Seemed like if I finally ever found a way to stop any of your 3 point shooters from being open, Howard would just march in and just pound his way inside and get an easy lay in. If I double him I leave 3point shooters wide open so its a lose/lose situation. I got a couple of stops with Wilcox with some tough defense on him, but it wasn't anywhere near consistent. Plus some of the blocks are called as goaltends.

I'm going to have to practice hard though in order to beat some of the guys here in a playoff series for sure. I'm looking forward to it though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm gonna be gone all next week on vacation so I will miss a couple of games. And the end of this week might be pretty busy. DCX I play you next so whenever you are available we should play. And Coldblooded I play you next week. So we can either wait and make up the game later or we can play this week too.
I know it will take us out of our schedule a bit, but i figured this might be a good fix so I don't get too far behind.

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
:D

Honestly I wasn't really out to use Durant much this game. It seemed everyone else was hitting other than him and I didn't want to waste to many possessions forcing shots with him. Offensively I didn't do to badly as far as my shooting percentages, but I simply got murdered on the boards and had way to many turnovers.

My concentration was pretty much completely on the defensive end, and I simply couldn't stop you if I'm honest. I'm still new to the game having just picked it up before the league started, so I'm not good with a lot of off the ball movement and defending against so many 3 point shooters. I tried pretty much everything I could. On the ball defense, ball denial, and etc but I couldn't find any consistent way of slowing you down :(. Seemed like if I finally ever found a way to stop any of your 3 point shooters from being open, Howard would just march in and just pound his way inside and get an easy lay in. If I double him I leave 3point shooters wide open so its a lose/lose situation. I got a couple of stops with Wilcox with some tough defense on him, but it wasn't anywhere near consistent. Plus some of the blocks are called as goaltends.

I'm going to have to practice hard though in order to beat some of the guys here in a playoff series for sure. I'm looking forward to it though.

Oh wow I didn't know you just started playing before the league started. If that's the case you're on a pretty good path then. I've got 780ish online games played counting 2k7+2k8 so don't feel too bad, and you definitely hold your own playing with a team like the SONICS.

GCQuinton said:
I'm free anytime after 8 EST tomorrow, so that should work for me.

Something came up and I won't be able to play until around 10:30 EDT. If that doesn't work for you I can play just about any time tomorrow.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I'm gonna be gone all next week on vacation so I will miss a couple of games. And the end of this week might be pretty busy. DCX I play you next so whenever you are available we should play. And Coldblooded I play you next week. So we can either wait and make up the game later or we can play this week too.
I know it will take us out of our schedule a bit, but i figured this might be a good fix so I don't get too far behind.
We could play tonight after i play CB.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
want to play now?

DCX

Well if I can get the wife to turn off her exciting game of Feedy Frenzy I think we can play. Lobby at half past the hour?

K I advanced the week so DCX and I can play our game. I'll put it back as soon as we are done.

AkaBalla

AkaBalla said:
Tues, Weds or Thurs night 9p est - 11p est.

I was avail yesterday night and i will be tonight, however i need to scratch the Thurs time as the drafts on.

So is tonight good? 9pm est-11pm est?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
AkaBalla said:
I was avail yesterday night and i will be tonight, however i need to scratch the Thurs time as the drafts on.

So is tonight good? 9pm est-11pm est?

tonight it is then, 9pm est

Smokey

Lakers v. New York
Denver v. Miami (playing tonight)
Detroit v. Utah

I'd like to advance the league tonight. Are the other two games going to be able to get in tonight?

GG, GCQuinton. Everything went my way that game. It felt like I couldn't miss anything. I wasn't trying to run up the score or anything, I would just let the clock run down to under 10 and then set up a play and my guys would make most the shots... I just got lucky I guess. Anyways, gg. I know you'll bounce back.

AKABalla, I wasn't joking. I want to play our week 4 game now that my system is doing fine. I don't know if you're scared or what, but let's get that game in.

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
AKABalla, I wasn't joking. I want to play our week 4 game now that my system is doing fine. I don't know if you're scared or what, but let's get that game in.

Darn i'm scared.. So what happens now?

AkaBalla said:
Darn i'm scared.. So what happens now?

:lol Let's play the damn game. Whenever no one else playing. Probably in half an hour or so.

I was just trying to get your attention because you hadn't responded to my posts before and you ignored my trade PM's a couple weeks ago.

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
:lol Let's play the damn game. Whenever no one else playing. Probably in half an hour or so.

I was just trying to get your attention because you hadn't responded to my posts before and you ignored my trade PM's a couple weeks ago.

Ignored your trade offers? Didnt we make a deal?

AkaBalla said:
Ignored your trade offers? Didnt we make a deal?

Yeah, we made a deal. I meant that you never responded to my PM's.

The trade we made was like a week later and you proposed it via XBL. You never acknowledged my PM's or posts in here. No big deal though...

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
Yeah, we made a deal. I meant that you never responded to my PM's.

The trade we made was like a week later and you proposed it via XBL. You never acknowledged my PM's or posts in here. No big deal though...

Some1 set the week back.. im good for the next 15 mins

Top Bottom