• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Week advanced!!!!!

And I reset the disconnected game between Vump and ChrisJames too.

CB3: if are you around today and can play our game for next week then let me know. I'm gone from this Sunday till next so I will miss that game.

AirBrian

No problem. Either Sunday or Monday is good with me. Let's shoot for Sunday just in case the 2K servers decide to act up, so we'll have an extra day.

Smokey

Thank you for advancing the week Truelize. Here is the schedule for game 10:

Lakers v. Spurs
Nuggets v. Bulls
Knicks v. Seattle
Utah v. Orlando
Detroit v. Memphis

---

Standings:

1. Magic 8-1
2. Spurs 8-1
3. Heat 8-2
4. Lakers 7-2
5. Nuggets 7-2
6. Sonics 6-3
7. Pistons 5-4
8. Bulls 3-6

9. Grizz 3-6
10. Jazz 3-6
11. Knicks 3-6
12. Celtics 3-7

7 more games fellas until the playoffs.

Deadline for game 10 will be Monday or Tuesday. I've noticed not too many games get completed on the weekends because...it's the weekend. So if they do get played in time by Monday that'd be great, but if not it'll be Tuesday.

DCX

DCX
Dark Faze, i can play today after 3:30pm est til around 5:30pm if not monday night after 9pm est would be good. Let me know. DCX gaf is the gamertag. DreamcastKC is the AIM.

DCX

DCX said:
Dark Faze, i can play today after 3:30pm est til around 5:30pm if not monday night after 9pm est would be good. Let me know. DCX gaf is the gamertag. DreamcastKC is the AIM.

DCX

Monday night after 9pm eastern sounds great. Say...9:30 eastern?

AirBrian

GG, Aka. Boards and second chance points killed me. Well, that and how many and-1s did I give you. :lol And damn you and AI. I will admit that oop was nice.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
sorry i aint been around true/Shawn, ive been stuck in bed with a cold/flu. shawn ill be around to play tonight/tomorrow just IM me. ill probably be on Mobile IM cause ive been in bed.

its a shame no virus can stop me from tapping that ass in 2k8

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
MightBeWrong: Yesterday and Today were great opportunities for me to get our game in. Monday and Tuesday I am not really even available. Wednesday I could possibly be available at 9pm CST, but that is depending on what happens with another league I'm in. If you want we could plan on 9:15 or 10:15 CST depending on if I have another league match.

Let me know your thoughts,

Spoon.

Hey DCX...you mind if we get this done Tuesday? I'm available tonight, but to be honest there are a lot of things I'd rather do. If there is no other time good for you on Tuesday then message me on xbox.com (Phatal Faze) telling me you can only play at 9:30 eastern tonight. Thanks.

DCX

DCX
Dark FaZe said:
Hey DCX...you mind if we get this done Tuesday? I'm available tonight, but to be honest there are a lot of things I'd rather do. If there is no other time good for you on Tuesday then message me on xbox.com (Phatal Faze) telling me you can only play at 9:30 eastern tonight. Thanks.
i have tomorrow off therefor i can stay up late tonight. I could play tomorrow but i would be dogshit for work you know?

DCX

DCX said:
i have tomorrow off therefor i can stay up late tonight. I could play tomorrow but i would be dogshit for work you know?

DCX

What do you think about playing a bit later tonight then? Say...11? Or do you plan on doing other things later?

DCX

DCX
Dark FaZe said:
What do you think about playing a bit later tonight then? Say...11? Or do you plan on doing other things later?
that would be fine. See you at 11.

DCX

Great game DCX. Man, I had so many sadddd turnovers in that 4th quarter. Basically I began moving guys to so many different positions and when they were open for a split moment I'd pass to the button I thought they were but it ended up that he was playing PF or some dumb shit :lol.

Randolph was killing me :(. He was backing everyone in my roster down and I kept getting reach in fouls or he'd just score over me in double team situations. That or I'd leave someone wide open.

I thought it was pretty much over at the 1 minute mark of overtime. Was down by like 5 or something and some key turnovers and a big 3 helped me get back in it. Then I believe you hit a huge break away shot to take a 2 pt lead with about 2 or so seconds left in the game.

I figured hey, this guys played great and I probably don't have any possibility of making a mid range jumper with things being as tight as they are. Figured I'd put in a quick release guy like Marshall and either go for the win or nothing. Turned out he hit it :O.

Great game man.

DCX

DCX
Dark FaZe said:
Great game DCX. Man, I had so many sadddd turnovers in that 4th quarter. Basically I began moving guys to so many different positions and when they were open for a split moment I'd pass to the button I thought they were but it ended up that he was playing PF or some dumb shit :lol.

Randolph was killing me :(. He was backing everyone in my roster down and I kept getting reach in fouls or he'd just score over me in double team situations. That or I'd leave someone wide open.

I thought it was pretty much over at the 1 minute mark of overtime. Was down by like 5 or something and some key turnovers and a big 3 helped me get back in it. Then I believe you hit a huge break away shot to take a 2 pt lead with about 2 or so seconds left in the game.

I figured hey, this guys played great and I probably don't have any possibility of making a mid range jumper with things being as tight as they are. Figured I'd put in a quick release guy like Marshall and either go for the win or nothing. Turned out he hit it :O.

Great game man.
It was a great game, i just don't know what to do anymore. I did everything to win that game and yet i somehow lose. I knew that shot was going in, home court advantage helps out alot with that. I did a good job on Durant but some key guys stepped up like Francisco and Green and Marshall.

Wilkins was on fire there in the first half, i thought the game would be blown open but i stayed in with Zach leading the way. You had no answer for my post players, i just needed my wings and guards to knock down a couple of threes to take the pressure off but alas i digress. Good game, well played and good luck in the playoffs.

DCX

vumpler

Smokey Bones said:
Damn DCX you can't seem to catch a break.

Memphis v. Detroit is the only game left.
Yeah can Detroit even use his 360? We tried over a week ago to get our game in. I scored a quick 6 points on him and then he overheated. Haven't heard from him or seen him post in this thread after that day and I believe that was a 5 or 6 days ago.

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:

Nope i can't...oh well, it's what i get when i chose to play with my Knicks, i should have stayed with my Hornets.

DCX

sorry I missed out for a few days,
but it seems like I was asked "Houston or Dallas"

the answer is

Mavwrecks :(

I posted in here last week that I was going to be moving on Saturday and that's why I wanted to get our game in early Vumpler. I don't have Internet at my new place until next Tuesday so I was hoping that I'd be able to get online at my friend's house and play my games, but I've been busy as hell the past few days (moving everything into my new house, starting a new job working 40 hrs. a week, taking 3 online classes to finish up school, etc).

You guys can go ahead and move the week forward; I won't be able to play today. In fact, go ahead and give the win to whoever my opponent is until next Tuesday and I'll replay the games then. I will try and post in here if I can play any games before then.

Smokey

Week has been advanced.

Pheeniks I have PMed you the league name and password.

Deadline for game 11 is Friday 4/4.

I didn't get the invite, could you try again?

-yeah I actually found the league through the game, it says the league is Full...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:

Hey caught a HUGE break against me. So don't go crying for him just yet :D.

Just a reminder: I am on vacation till next Monday. So no games for me.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
I didn't get the invite, could you try again?

-yeah I actually found the league through the game, it says the league is Full...

Strange. Try it again through the website.

I found it here:

http://tinyurl.com/4ga3q7

I sent you another invite too.

These are the only games that need to be played for week 11. A lot of games had to be simmed because of certain circumstances. Make sure you guys make them up though, we;re only 5 games away from playoffs.

Memphis v. Orlando
Miami v. San Antonio
Chicago v. Utah

Vump can you play today?

vumpler

Smokey Bones said:
Can you play at 9 instead of 915.
Nope. I'm at work until 9. Giving myself 15 minutes to walk across the street is necessary because the wife generally likes me to greet her before getting on the 360. So 9:10-15 is a must.

Smokey

vumpler said:
Nope. I'm at work until 9. Giving myself 15 minutes to walk across the street is necessary because the wife generally likes me to greet her before getting on the 360. So 9:10-15 is a must.

Understandable.

Well, I have to pick up my g/f from work at 10p so I guess we can try and play at your 915p time or we'll have to wait.

Top Bottom