• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Smokey

ChrisJames, when you and AKA are finished go ahead and move the week ahead everybody completed the game #8.

No more trades are allowed once we get to game 9.

Smokey

League has been advanced to game 9. Here is the schedule:

LA Lakers @ Orlando
Memphis @ Denver
Miami @ Chicago
San Antonio @ Seattle

Utah 0, Houston 0
Detroit 0, Dallas 0

---

Standings:

1. Magic 8-0
2. Spurs 7-1
3. Heat 6-2
4. Lakers 6-2
5. Nuggets 6-2
6. Sonics 6-2
7. Pistons 5-4
8. Bulls 3-5

9. Grizz 3-5
10. Jazz 3-6
11. Knicks 3-6
12. Celtics 2-7

Trades have been shut off.

Game 9 deadline is Saturday 6/28

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
AirBrian when can you play?

I can go Thursday 4 - 7pm EST (before the draft) or late Friday night (after 11pm EST)

Smokey

Ok we have a situation here...

CB3 and I are playing our game and he is at the FT line shooting 2 fts. He is up by 1 w/ 2.4 seconds left and I have one timeout left...and the game disconnects. I AM PRETTY PISSED OFF. Like I don't even know what to do in this situation. He is up by 1 w/ 2 secs left at the line shooting 2 and I still have a timeout left and the fucking game does this.

It'd be pretty stupid to play an entire game for 2.4 seconds and I don't want to do that because that's dumb so how should this be handled?

Smokey Bones said:
Ok we have a situation here...

CB3 and I are playing our game and he is at the FT line shooting 2 fts. He is up by 1 w/ 2.4 seconds left and I have one timeout left...and the game disconnects. I AM PRETTY PISSED OFF. Like I don't even know what to do in this situation. He is up by 1 w/ 2 secs left at the line shooting 2 and I still have a timeout left and the fucking game does this.

It'd be pretty stupid to play an entire game for 2.4 seconds and I don't want to do that because that's dumb so how should this be handled?

To answer this question is to put yourself in CB's shoes....what result seems most likely given the variables..

Who was on the line, how was your team shooting threes, how was CBs defense throughout. I have my opinion of what the result should be but you guys figure it out since it's between both of you guys!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Shawnwhann said:
To answer this question is to put yourself in CB's shoes....what result seems most likely given the variables..

Who was on the line, how was your team shooting threes, how was CBs defense throughout. I have my opinion of what the result should be but you guys figure it out since it's between both of you guys!

rashard was fucking me up in the 4th. Fisher was on the line (automatic)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Denver, can you play tonight? I'm free after 4pm CST. I'm in a madden league and have that game as well but other than that I'm free.

SpoonKiIIah on xbl

OK guys, so I'm moving to my new house in 2 days and I won't have internet access there for a little while. However, I can play my games at a friend's house, I just won't be able to check out this thread very often (maybe once a day or every other day). So if anyone on my upcoming schedule wants to get in our games before Saturday morning let me know and we can move the week forward.

Vumpler, you're my week 11 opponent. Any chance you'd want to get that game in today at around 5pm EDT if AKA can't play right then?

vumpler

ChrisJames said:
OK guys, so I'm moving to my new house in 2 days and I won't have internet access there for a little while. However, I can play my games at a friend's house, I just won't be able to check out this thread very often... So if anyone on my upcoming schedule wants to get in our games before Saturday morning let me know and we can move the week forward.

Vumpler, you're my week 11 opponent. Any chance you'd want to get that game in today at around 5 EDT if AKA can't play right then?
Im free at 4pm CST through all night.

AirBrian

Cerrius said:
AirBrian when can you play?

I can go Thursday 4 - 7pm EST (before the draft) or late Friday night (after 11pm EST)
Tonight probably won't work because of the draft. Tomorrow night might be a possibility, but I'll have a better idea tomorrow.

vumpler

ChrisJames: Yes I'll be around later tonight. Just hit me up. Try putting an fan next to your power brick and keep it off the ground. Also blow all the dust out of the intake holes on the left side.

AKA i can play our match whenever you want.

vumpler said:
ChrisJames: Yes I'll be around later tonight. Just hit me up. Try putting an fan next to your power brick and keep it off the ground. Also blow all the dust out of the intake holes on the left side.

AKA i can play our match whenever you want.

OK, I'm sorry about that, but at least it happened near the start and not halfway through the game...

I'm almost positive it's my power brick now, because everytime it has happened the brick is really hot. I will definitely have a fan blowing on it at full speed for when we play the game later tonight.

I moved the schedule back to game 9.

vumpler

AkaBalla said:
Tomorrow morning work? 9am est or so? I'll aim you
Nope. I'll be home at maybe 1pm. Not sure though. I'm going out tomorrow at 8pm CST and not available until Sunday at 3pm.

Come get balled on now Balla!

Kevin Love with Rudy Gay will save Memphis! Believe!

Fifty

Nice to see the 2K8 community here is still going strong (or existing). I vaguely remember being part of S1 and S2..whenever that was. :lol

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here plays offline as well and could recommend a set of sliders to use. I've been on Operation Sports and there are a bunch of options to choose from. With the Raptors trading for JO, I'm looking to get back into the game a little bit. If anyone has an opinion..thanks.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Nice to see the 2K8 community here is still going strong (or existing). I vaguely remember being part of S1 and S2..whenever that was. :lol

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here plays offline as well and could recommend a set of sliders to use. I've been on Operation Sports and there are a bunch of options to choose from. With the Raptors trading for JO, I'm looking to get back into the game a little bit. If anyone has an opinion..thanks.

Operation Sports sliders on Allstar are the ones i found that actually worked. I think I tweated the ball control down a couple though cause I was sick of watching the other teams point guard dribble behind his back 4 times in a row up the court.

vumpler said:
I'm free from now until 7pm CST hit me on xbl

SpoonKiIIah

I have to work until 11 EST so it looks like we'll have to play on Sunday or Monday. I'll post in here this weekend to let you know what's going on.

AirBrian

Cerrius said:
AirBrian can you play after 11pm EST tonight?
Sorry, I won't be able to play then. I'll be around most of tomorrow day though, so let me know what time works for you. Tomorrow night probably won't work as of now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AirBrian said:
Haha, pheeniks, take Dallas. I dare you!

Dallas is sweet to play with. When I'm online just playing randoms I always use Dallas. Their team seems to really suit my style. I actually win too. Imagine that. :D

AkaBalla

vumpler said:
I'm free from now until 7pm CST hit me on xbl

SpoonKiIIah

Sent u a friends request... Ill be in the lobby.. I see you have been away from your 360 for 2 mins now.. Ill hang around for a few to see if your around.

strikeselect

AirBrian said:
Sorry, I won't be able to play then. I'll be around most of tomorrow day though, so let me know what time works for you. Tomorrow night probably won't work as of now.

Only time I'll be available tomorrow is before 12PM EST. Is that OK?

AirBrian

Cerrius said:
Only time I'll be available tomorrow is before 12PM EST. Is that OK?

Yeah, no problem. Want to shoot for 10:30 AM (ET)? That would be 9:30 AM for me and probably the earliest I'd like to wake up for. :)

strikeselect

AirBrian said:
Yeah, no problem. Want to shoot for 10:30 AM (ET)? That would be 9:30 AM for me and probably the earliest I'd like to wake up for. :)

Yeah that's fine. Meet me in the lobby.

Top Bottom