• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Holy shit smokey. I actually stayed with you a little bit that game! I really dislike the end game play in this game. Its such a glitch that I couldn't foul you with 6 seconds to go. All my guys just ran around randomly not even trying to full court press and foul. Then once you passed it in they just ran in slow motion tracking onto the path you traveled instead of cutting you off.

I'm not saying I would have had a chance, but hell I might have. :(

Great game though! :D

Smokey

vumpler said:
Holy shit smokey. I actually stayed with you a little bit that game! I really dislike the end game play in this game. Its such a glitch that I couldn't foul you with 6 seconds to go. All my guys just ran around randomly not even trying to full court press and foul. Then once you passed it in they just ran in slow motion tracking onto the path you traveled instead of cutting you off.

I'm not saying I would have had a chance, but hell I might have. :(

Great game though! :D

Great effort. Great game. I could never get into a grove. I was down I think by 5 or 7 with 2 mins ago and actually thought I was done but no sir I wasn't! Mr. Pat Garrity hit back-back threes and either tied the game or gave me the lead with almost a minute left and from there it was just trying to close it out. I made a lot of mistakes, particularly fouling Mike Miller from behind the arc numerous times. I also failed to put the right guys on Gay and Miller until I wanna say late in the 4th after they had already torched me.

But hey, I came out with the W and won by 3 pts so I can't complain too much :)

Great game though.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Smokey Bones said:
Great game though.
I literally gave that game all I had. I used every play I like to run, even a couple I see the Grizz run in real games all the time the (mike conley thinking he's a badass sprint from half court) :lol . He bricks it quite often like he did in this game.

I think I had a great chance to win it when I watched the game video. I got a rebound, down by 3 with 14 seconds to go, and I just jacked one with JC when I shouldn't have. I had plenty of time.

GG :D

Smokey Bones said:
damn, well I dunno what else to do? Is that the error it's consistently giving you...that the league is full?

right, and i still couldn't find the league on the website search. i tried all different kinds of names

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
damn, well I dunno what else to do? Is that the error it's consistently giving you...that the league is full?

Send the invite through XBL..

Pheeniks u will need to go on your console and select invitations from the My Leagues section once Smokey has sent an invite.

AkaBalla said:
Send the invite through XBL..

Pheeniks u will need to go on your console and select invitations from the My Leagues section once Smokey has sent an invite.

he said he's been sending the invite but i haven't been able to get through

AirBrian

GCQuinton said:
I'm free tonight after 8 EST. That work for you?

Sorry I missed you. Tomorrow is pretty hit or miss. I'll be around in the morning, but probably won't be around much the rest of the day. Saturday should be better.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Sorry I missed you. Tomorrow is pretty hit or miss. I'll be around in the morning, but probably won't be around much the rest of the day. Saturday should be better.

Are you guys for sure playing on Saturday?

Smokey

GCQuinton said:
AirBrian, I might not be around tomorrow night so we'll have to try and play it during the day. You free then?

Try and get it in if possible tomorrow, I'll be advancing it in the evening.

AirBrian

GCQuinton said:
AirBrian, I might not be around tomorrow night so we'll have to try and play it during the day. You free then?
Yep, just let me know what works for you. Sometime before noon would be great for me. I do have plans from ~6PM until the wee hours, so it'll have to be before then.

Smokey

League has been advanced to game 12. Here are the standings:

1. Magic 10-1
2. Lakers 9-2
3. Nuggets 9-2
4. Spurs 9-2
5. Heat 8-3
6. Sonics 8-3
7. Pistons 5-6
8. Grizz 4-7

--
9. Jazz 4-7
10. Knicks 4-7
11. Bulls 3-8
12. Celtics 3-8

Game 12 schedule :

N/A San Antonio @ New York N/A N/A N/A
N/A Memphis @ Dallas N/A N/A N/A
N/A Utah @ Miami N/A N/A N/A
N/A LA Lakers @ Seattle N/A N/A N/A
N/A Orlando @ Denver N/A N/A N/A
N/A Chicago @ Houston N/A N/A N/A
N/A Boston @ Detroit N/A N/A N/A

Chicago - W
Memphis - W

Deadline for Game 12 is Tuesday July 8th

AkaBalla

red.ring.of.death.jpg

Will be shipping it in the morning.. Dam It!!!

Top Bottom