• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Smokey

DCX said:
2K9 on the PS3? Make it so!

DCX

Probably.

It's a bit ridiculous. Probably the main reason why the Madden league switched to PS3.

Two games left that need to be played are:

Utah v. Miami
Boston v. Detroit

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
It's hard to believe many people could be harder on their 360 than I am (however I make sure the PSU is in a well aired environment off the carpet) and I've only had to replace it once. I use best buy's replacement program, its the price of 1 game and I get it replaced as soon as it fails.

I'm still on my 2nd 360 and if it dies so be it. The complains are a little over the top I think. If it is that bad to people, they should switch to ps3 and I welcome their judgment. I just can't stand the PS controller or game library.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I will NOT be playing a NBA game on the PS3. I don't like the controller for basketball games.

I haven't seen ChrisJames in the thread since I got back so I'm doubting that our game will get played tonight. CB3 and I are gonna play as soon as the Miami and Utah game is done so at least I'll be a bit caught up.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:
MY bad son!

I'll still hold out until later on before advancing.

Just advance. I haven't seen him around at all. I can always set it back for our game later.

Smokey

League has been advanced. There's only 3 games until playoffs let's try and finish this strong, seems like we're starting to slack . . .

Game 13 schedule :

Chicago v. San Antonio
Denver v. Boston
Seattle v. Miami
New York v. Memphis
Dallas v. Utah
Houston v. Orlando
Detroit v. Lakers

Bold are auto W. Pretty shitty :/

Anyway deadline for game 13 is Friday 7/11

vumpler

DCX lets do dis tonight at 9:15 CST!

Knicks going dowwwwwwwn.

lol doubtful

Smokey got banned over some bullshit, so he asked (and I accepted) that I serve as acting commissioner until he is set free from bondage on July 23rd.

Nothing will change, so on we march towards the playoffs! :D

For any issues, PM or IM me (ProfessaSkillset) and I'll jump on it.

vumpler

Can someone IM the Knicks and see if he can play tonight? I don't have his aim. I will be home in 15 minutes.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Who is Denver????

Ah it's freakin Aka isn't it????

Dang it.

Get at me Aka, maybe we can play Thursday night.

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
Can someone IM the Knicks and see if he can play tonight? I don't have his aim. I will be home in 15 minutes.
We can play sometime today dude after 1pm est.

DCX

Sorry guys, I know I've just sort of disappeared over the past 2 weeks. As I've stated before I just recently got married (back in May), just moved to a new city, in a new house, got a new job, etc.

Unfortunately, I still don't have the internet at my house (live in the boonies) and I haven't had time to take my 360 over to my friend's to get games in. My life is so hectic right now that I'm not going to be able to continue this season. I really, really hate to drop on you guys, but I really have no other choice. Sorry guys; please don't hold it against me.

I'm going to do my best to be back for 2k9. Good luck everyone! Don't let Smokey 3-peat!

AirBrian

2K servers are down, so we'll get our game in tomorrow night.

And congrats, CJ! That sucks you have to quit, but completely and 100% understandable. Are you going to be around for Madden?

Week is advanced! Let's see if we can get through this week over the weekend. The games in bold have automatic results due to RROD/Dropouts/No Users...

Chicago @ New York
Dallas @ Orlando
San Antonio @ Detroit
LA Lakers @ Memphis
Utah @ Denver
Houston @ Miami
Seattle @ Boston

Have a good weekend gents! :D

Shawnwhann said:
Week is advanced! Let's see if we can get through this week over the weekend. The games in bold have automatic results due to RROD/Dropouts/No Users...

Chicago @ New York
Dallas @ Orlando
San Antonio @ Detroit
LA Lakers @ Memphis
Utah @ Denver
Houston @ Miami
Seattle @ Boston

Have a good weekend gents! :D

Wow another bye week?

I'm ready for the playoffs :lol. Maybe the threat of elimination will force me to play my best basketball.

GCQuinton said:
Aka, I should be free most of tomorrow so let me know if you wanna play then.

Aka has RROD, you got the win already bud...

What's the deal with these games?!?
Chicago @ New York
LA Lakers @ Memphis

I want to advance the league tonight!

vumpler

CB3 said:
vump you around?
Sorry my man. You had to work yesterday when I was available and today I'm not available as you are.

I'm free at 9:15pm CST tomorrow.

AirBrian

DCX, can you go tomorrow evening? Sorry, after getting 2 hours of sleep last night, I'm in no state to play a game tonight.

If you guys need to advance the league, go for it. DCX and I will get our game in.

DCX

DCX
AirBrian said:
DCX, can you go tomorrow evening? Sorry, after getting 2 hours of sleep last night, I'm in no state to play a game tonight.

If you guys need to advance the league, go for it. DCX and I will get our game in.
I can play late tonight. After 10 pm est.

DCX

AirBrian

Wow, great game, DCX! I tried giving you the game with the massive choke-job at the FT with Noah. Ironically, he's one of my best FT shooters. :lol Then I thought for sure you'd hit one of those 3's at the end...you had a couple of good looks. Definitely a crazy ending!

vumpler

gg Cold. Rudy got truly hot this game. I couldn't believe of all people Kwame blocked Kobe's dunk :lol You know that would absolutely never happen... Ever lol.

League has been advanced! Bolded are games that are predetermined already. League advances on Thursday!

San Antonio @ Orlando
Boston @ Chicago
Detroit @ Miami
LA Lakers @ Denver
Memphis @ Utah
New York @ Houston
Seattle @ Dallas

Top Bottom