• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K8 Season 5 Interest Thread (360)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No thats my blue ds lite in the wrapping it came in.

99% done True,I'm like Jordan,I'll leave a 1% chance I'll come back.

DCX

DCX
Yeah probably my APEX game of the league, it's all down hill after this :/ I miss the Hornets already, Peja and Paul would never miss clutch free throws

DCX

Smokey

Matrix said:
I'm not sure anymore Brian,not sure how it works with refurbs that should work FUCKING LONGER CAUSE THEY HAVE TWO HEATSINKS,but im done with it....

PICT0094.jpg

Wow

:(

Towel trick?

Well, I'm about to advance the league.

For now I'll have the deadline for Friday, but if we finish before I'll advance it.

Shawnnnn it's time!

Can you play in like a hour or tomorrow?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah do the towel trick. my bro did that when his red ringed and it actually kinda fixed it :lol i dont think he has had problems since

Cerrius said:
ChrisJames, when do you want to play our league game?

I can play right now or anytime in the next 3 hours if you can. Otherwise, we can play tomorrow afternoon.

I also recommend the towel trick, Matrix. Not like you have anything to lose (unless you catch your house/apt. on fire :lol )...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
ChrisJames said:
I can play right now or anytime in the next 3 hours if you can. Otherwise, we can play tomorrow afternoon.

I'm up for tonight, whenever you're ready.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
No thats my blue ds lite in the wrapping it came in.

99% done True,I'm like Jordan,I'll leave a 1% chance I'll come back.

Do you only play sports games? Cause if that's it then I can see being happy with just a PS3. But if you play "games" then I can't see a PS3 keeping you happy. I've got a PS3 and it's a GREAT Bluray player :D

I can take care of the reset.

My 360 said the disc was unreadable. Did it say that for you too or is it just my system being a POS as usual?

strikeselect

ChrisJames said:
I can take care of the reset.

My 360 said the disc was unreadable. Did it say that for you too or is it just my system being a POS as usual?

No, I didn't get the unreadable disc error. On my screen it was just "waiting for opponent" black screen with countdown.

I get the same problem from time to time though, the disc will stop spinning and the commentary goes out

f'n MS :-\

Wow those were some really awesome games Cerrius. Both were basically the same. My team really plays in spurts. I'll fall behind by 5 or 6 then come storming back with 8 in a row out of nowhere. I'm really liking my team with Marion, it allows me to run the fast break a little better (when necessary) and I can actually shoot halfway decent with him. And I'm sure you're enjoying Sheed (30 pts.) :D

GG and good luck in the season, I'm sure you'll do well.

strikeselect

ChrisJames said:
Wow those were some really awesome games Cerrius. Both were basically the same. My team really plays in spurts. I'll fall behind by 5 or 6 then come storming back with 8 in a row out of nowhere. I'm really liking my team with Marion, it allows me to run the fast break a little better (when necessary) and I can actually shoot halfway decent with him. And I'm sure you're enjoying Sheed (30 pts.) :D

GG and good luck in the season, I'm sure you'll do well.

I was very surprised by how well you were doing with Marion. I actually had to pay attention to him on defense :lol

and yeah Sheed is awesome for the open mid-range or three point jumpers but his low post game is a bit inconsistent which leaves me to rely on D.Wade's drive and kick ability abit more than I would like.

gg game tho

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Never tried the towel trick,but I turned it on just now and now it's working fine it seems :| It still sounds like it wants to explode though :eek

I'm not sure wtf is going on,other than I believe Dm has had 360's act this way and then eventually die for good.

Yao has a club? *swoon*

Matrix

DCX,I could try to play you now if you want.

System was working earlier,though it froze on me playing a demo :\

I'm not even sure when I'm getting a new system/refurb and the damn thing isn't red ringing now,so i don't even think I'm covered till it red rings again for GOOD. I'm not dealing with calling again after what I went through last time and the damn serial number on my refurb shows up as not good on the website,so I would have to call :lol So until I'm ready to deal with the retards on the phone,I wont be dealing with this system till Gears 2 comes out.

Matrix

DCX,not sure if I will be.If I am I'll hit you up here or on aim.

Chris,I want to see if my system can make it through a game.Can you play now?

Matrix

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
DCX,not sure if I will be.If I am I'll hit you up here or on aim.

Chris,I want to see if my system can make it through a game.Can you play now?
If you are successful, we can play ours.

DCX

Matrix

GG Chris,man I really am starting to get sick of the game or I just lost all ability to shoot from the outside.

4/22 on threes :lol

Also those slight pauses/freezes,I wonder if that was my 360 or the 2k servers?

DCX,when?

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
GG Chris,man I really am starting to get sick of the game or I just lost all ability to shoot from the outside.

4/22 on threes :lol

Also those slight pauses/freezes,I wonder if that was my 360 or the 2k servers?

DCX,when?
about 7:30? that sound good?

DCX

GG Matrix.

I'm sure you'll find your guys release points again. You played pretty good in the 2nd half, definitely made it interesting. And yeah, everytime we'd have one of those pauses I'd think that your 360 had died :lol

DCX

DCX
I gotta go to T-Ball with my daughter @ 6, til 7ish, then the wife is going to make diner, so i can play during that...better make it 8, to play it safe.

DCX

Matrix

Yea DCX,thats fine.

I think I played like total shit,I used to have all those guys shots down.I have lost my magic touch.I also think you must have blocked Brooks like 10 times but they didn't count them all,I shot way too many air balls with him.

I too thought my 360 was dead with each pause :lol :( It's like its slowly dying now.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AkaBalla said:
You've played with the Grizzlies before? I cant imagine you running with a subpar team in a league.. There's no way!!!
Hey! Watch your mouth, the Grizz are amazinggg! I just suck incredibly at running plays in this game, playing defense, and scoring. Wait...

:lol

Matrix

2/23 on threes :lol ,fuck this game and fuck my skillz are gone.

I swear the sliders feel different than last season.

GG DCX,sorry if at the end I was doing stupid shit,I honestly didn't care and had lost at that point.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Truelize said:
That was my team until they got rid of Ray Ray. I go where Ray goes.
Basketball seems like the only sport where this is actually true loyalty to me.

Before the Grizz drafted Rudy Gay I just couldn't get into them. So I did the same thing as you, I followed VC anywhere he went. I just loved him as an all around player.

Even though I'm from Tennessee (Nashville) its hard to really call the Grizzlies my home team. Tennessee is the only state I know of that feel and act as multiple states in one. You could break it into 3 different states and everyone could easily believe they are all individual states.

You have Memphis area , Nashville area, and Knoxville area. The demographic is somewhat different, the history behind the natives there etc. Its just weird state.

But Rudy was enough for me to take a serious look and interest in the Grizz and now I consider myself a pretty substantial fan no matter what happens.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
2/23 on threes :lol ,fuck this game and fuck my skillz are gone.

I swear the sliders feel different than last season.

GG DCX,sorry if at the end I was doing stupid shit,I honestly didn't care and had lost at that point.
good game, sorry about the paint fest in the begining of the game, i thought it was going to disconnect again :lol I'm sorry to see you play like this man, you are so much better than this. Man last season you played great without Yao!!! My lord Nate the Great is lighting it up this season!! Curry is not getting to tired, i'm loving my Knicks.

DCX

vumpler said:
Even though I'm from Tennessee (Nashville) its hard to really call the Grizzlies my home team. Tennessee is the only state I know of that feel and act as multiple states in one. You could break it into 3 different states and everyone could easily believe they are all individual states.

You have Memphis area , Nashville area, and Knoxville area. The demographic is somewhat different, the history behind the natives there etc. Its just weird state.

Not to get off-topic but there are a ton of states like that. For example, I'm from Michigan and the Upper Peninsula and Lower Peninsula are completely and totally different. The U.P.'ers have even tried to become their own state. Texas, California, and Florida also come to mind off the top of my head.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
vumpler said:
Hey! Watch your mouth, the Grizz are amazinggg! I just suck incredibly at running plays in this game, playing defense, and scoring. Wait...

:lol

you should let the computer run plays for you.

One more game vs Smokey...and one more game where he shoots over 50% from downtown. Fuck it... next time I'm not going to man up on Lewis I'm going to shade with an off man and make someone else other than Lewis fuck my defense up leaving shooters open all over the place....

:facepalm:

strikeselect

Rashard Lewis is pretty ridiculous in this game. I've played people who shoot nothing but near halfcourt shots with him and actually make a nice percentage of them. :lol

Top Bottom