• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC: Yemen raid that left SEAL + 25 civilians dead gave no significant intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
qXb2xSa.png

Looks like ten senior officials weren't having the BS from last night.

Are you saying the moment the news media fawned all over last night with the widow was just using her as a political prop and applause line?

The thing that I don't get is this: if it was a success and we got all this information, Trump would be extolling his greatness. Instead he is blaming his generals and Obama. Clearly this raid was a travesty that should have been avoided and garnered nothing of note, save for playing small minded people and the media like a fiddle.

But during Trump's Presidential President speech he said that it was a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
qXb2xSa.png

Looks like ten senior officials weren't having the BS from last night.

When POTUS finally gets a handle on what optics are and how to leverage this we'll be in real trouble. No amiunt of faceless high ranking officials will be able to push back the opinion of the populace when they're getting the "POTUS was well mannered" narrative Ali g with his lies about this botched mission.

Kephar

Are you saying the moment the news media fawned all over last night with the widow was just using her as a political prop and applause line?

The thing that I don't get is this: if it was a success and we got all this information, Trump would be extolling his greatness. Instead he is blaming his generals and Obama. Clearly this raid was a travesty that should have been avoided and garnered nothing of note, save for playing small minded people and the media like a fiddle.

You would think she could see Trump was just using her considering her father-in-law could.

Bastables

Wouldn't it be highly classified on what type or amount of info was gained from a military raid?

Why? The raid seems to have really been a capture or kill op, one that failed as the target managed to be away from the target area. Any intel that's left in a botched raid is/should be suspect because the opposition that have enough time to get the target away would also be taking any priority intel with them.

The baddies should know what intel and actionable intel they left behind (if any) for the US team and logically will act on the knowledge of items they know to be compromised. What is the point of opsec in this case as one can presume the intel gains is worthless? To lie to your own public?

There's also the odd acceptance that now the US military is 100% ok with conducting raids to grab presumed HDD and papers, which is utterly at odds with traditional use of raids where you capture people so you can interrogate them as that humint is considered valuable enough to risk your own troops for since pre gunpowder times, you don't do it with a focus on personal/unit diaries..

A woman's husband was killed in a botched operation and the man that sent him to his death used her as a prop, and the media applauded him for it. I hate this country so much sometimes

Sunster

A woman's husband was killed in a botched operation and the man that sent him to his death used her as a prop, and the media applauded him for it. I hate this country so much sometimes

sometimes I feel like we are living in South Park and Washington + the media are the parents.

She allowed herself to be used, his dad is looking for justice and she's looking to be on TV.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Can we shove this in his face for a while like the Republicans did with Benghazi?

I fucking hate how Republicans literally DO NOT care when a Republican president fucks up horrendously, but the tiniest mistake by a Democrat and they're calling for their head.

UberTag

Can we shove this in his face for a while like the Republicans did with Benghazi?

I fucking hate how Republicans literally DO NOT care when a Republican president fucks up horrendously, but the tiniest mistake by a Democrat and they're calling for their head.
They'll pretend to care about all of this horseshit again the next time a Democrat takes office and they won't be called out for their hypocrisy.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
All the clowns who applauded Trump and called him presidential for last night need to re-calibrate themselves, especially those in the media.

Just to remind people

1. Trump made this decision during dinner

2. He couldn't even be bothered to be in situation room during the operation

3. Trump used the name of the fallen solider to deflect criticism from himself

Wait, is this the soldier in the congress speech Im hearing about?

Im surprised this wasnt a bigger deal, as it sounds like Trump was to blame, unless I missed his response

Shadybiz

Wait, is this the soldier in the congress speech Im hearing about?

Im surprised this wasnt a bigger deal, as it sounds like Trump was to blame, unless I missed his response

Yes, same soldier.

Apparently, since the bar is so low now, nobody is really paying attention to it...at least not as much as they would have been if Obama had done this, or if Trump's name was spelled H-I-L-L-A-R-Y. He simply blamed the generals yesterday, which I guess is probably why even more are leaking that no substantial intelligence was gathered on the raid.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
She's looking for a book deal from what I heard on news radio.

Perhaps she will fight back, a book deal on how Trump fucked up.
How can you do anything else after that shitshow?

I'm not going to judge a loved one after losing their SO.

Especially if it's a situation where she voted for Trump and started to hear that her husband was killed for literally no reason other than ego or poor judgement.

The mind goes through a lot of things to protect itself, and lying to oneself is the first and best way to do so

Especially if it's a situation where she voted for Trump and started to hear that her husband was killed for literally no reason other than ego or poor judgement.

The mind goes through a lot of things to protect itself, and lying to oneself is the first and best way to do so

Yup.

Lying to yourself and making the best of a bad situation. Plus the president owing you a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom