• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

iamblades

Upset Alert:

The Fighting Doug McDermotts of Creighton just beat 18 Oklahoma

No.2 Arizona is currently losing to UC Irvine in the second half

Yeah I am not sold at all on OU, the Big 12 is going to come down to UT and KU.

The thing about the UA game that is shocking is that their bigs have done nothing this game. I know Ndaiye is a goddamned giant, but you can't have your starting bigs combine for 2 points on 0-6 shooting if you are supposed to have one of the best frontcourts in the nation.

Arizona finally jumped to a lead w/ about 7:30 left, went on a little run, then shot free throws for the last 4 minutes to get a 17 point win

team was booty booty butt cheeks in the first half, the offense really struggles when they can't generate fouls inside or convert turnovers into fast break opportunities. Their initial lead was established from finding pockets in Irvine's 2-3 zone and creating from there with either Hollis-Jefferson or McConnell as the ballhandler, and I think it wasn't until they found that spot in the middle of the floor again late in the second half that the offense got into a rhythm. FT shooting, which has been a sore weakness in recent years, picked up in the final stretch, mostly due to Rondae finding his comfort zone at the line and York and McConnell handling the ball in garbage time; but I think it remains a salient point that the inability to get Tarczewski and Ashley, Arizona's most consistent FT shooters, in position to draw fouls neutralized the offense for 20+ minutes.

Defense also looked really bad, particularly rotational and weak side interior D. The lack of a lanky weak side shot blocker in Gordon's absence was felt tonight, I think finding an identity on D in order to generate offense is going to be the biggest hurdle/objective in this OOC slate. Stanley Johnson looked like the worst perimeter defender in the country, I'm not a fan of the Arizona's-defense-takes-a-huge-hit-w/o-Nick Johnson narrative, but it seriously couldn't have been any worse tonight.

I see Bob Jones University is playing USC-Upstate. I guess BJU reversed their stance on college athletics.

edit: lot of top teams playing tonight, but this board is dead when UK isn't playing

DominoKid

well there's only like 3 teams w/ a lot of fans on here.
and the UNC fans are bored and the Duke fans are comically pessimistic. meanwhile UUK is in a golden era right now so of course its live when they play.

thefro

That was a really impressive 1st half for James Blackmon, Jr. against SMU... kid can flat out shoot it!

Luckily IU seems to have adjusted to SMU's athleticism now. Troy Williams coming in has helped there.

That was a really impressive 1st half for James Blackmon, Jr. against SMU... kid can flat out shoot it!

Luckily IU seems to have adjusted to SMU's athleticism now. Troy Williams coming in has helped there.

Yeah I was afraid they were going to get blown out when it got to 20-8 early.

Fjordson

I see Bob Jones University is playing USC-Upstate. I guess BJU reversed their stance on college athletics.

edit: lot of top teams playing tonight, but this board is dead when UK isn't playing
#bringsportsbacktoofftopic

This and the NBA thread would liven up if they weren't stuck in community I think.

Amory

UConn fan/alum. Huskies looked like crap today against Charleston of all teams. If Purvis doesn't pan out this is gonna be a long year. Brimah looks like a possible future first round pick.

Please let Syracuse lose this game.

Seth C

Sorry. When UK is playing I get drunk with my dad and post on the Internet. When UK isn't playing I get drunk with girls and don't post on the Internet.

#DriveForFive continues tonight as Duke takes on Temple in Brooklyn (AKA Cameron North III).

Now that Duke Football shit the bed and the Panthers suck and the Hornets are massive disappointments, Duke BB is all I have left in the sports world.

gif8.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Pittsburgh is actually 0-2 all time against Hawaii, time to get a W. Hope I dont get too shit faced before the stupid ass midnight start!

Bowser

#DriveForFive continues tonight as Duke takes on Temple in Brooklyn (AKA Cameron North III).

Now that Duke Football shit the bed and the Panthers suck and the Hornets are massive disappointments, Duke BB is all I have left in the sports world.

http://noshameonlypride.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/gif8.gif[img][/QUOTE]

UNC FB, while a great win last night, has been disappointing this year (that defense, how did y'all only score 20 against that defense?!). As you said, Panthers suck (longest winless streak in the league now that the Raiders got one) and Hornets are a chore to watch. So I guess I'm left with UNC BB myself.

Man your offense must be ultra trash to only get 20 on us.

You don't even know. :/

If the receivers aren't dropping the passes, it's only because the throws are at their feet or 5 yards over their heads. But the last 2 games, Duke has been turnover prone (so was Carolina last night, but Duke couldn't capitalize on any of them) on top of it.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. We have depth, and height, but your guys can score in a hurry
If Kravish gets into foul trouble, Cal is going to have serious problems. Syracuse didn't shoot very well last night and Cal was hot from 3-pt range, and I imagine that'll be a little closer tonight. Should be a fun game and a good test for both teams.

If Kravish gets into foul trouble, Cal is going to have serious problems. Syracuse didn't shoot very well last night and Cal was hot from 3-pt range, and I imagine that'll be a little closer tonight. Should be a fun game and a good test for both teams.

We just lost one of our leading scorers Isaiah Taylor :(

He broke his wrist last night after getting fouled.

Amory

Nice win for the Huskies over Dayton. That was a potential trap game, and the Flyers are going to be good this year.

Hoping to face West Virginia in the final. They look good and we need all the RPI help we can get come tournament time.

Nice win for the Huskies over Dayton. That was a potential trap game, and the Flyers are going to be good this year.

Hoping to face West Virginia in the final. They look good and we need all the RPI help we can get come tournament time.

WVU down by 11 at halftime. Looks like you'll get BC

Fjordson

Kentucky playing down to their opponent again.

Also, shooting still seems to be our weakness. Boston is just camping inside daring us to hit some 3's.

Top Bottom