• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

iamblades

The good thing about this game is that it'll hopefully obliterate any and all undefeated talk.

I don't really mind the talk, besides it'll all come right back if we are still undefeated after Texas.

If it ever goes away that is, this game is probably more likely to be written of as a team that just doesn't care about playing hard on a night when they can get away with it. Which isn't the kind of habit you win national titles with, but it is still early in the season and Cal has a lot more coaching to get done.

Definitely gotta work on our zone offense though, that looked ugly for long stretches, especially with the white platoon.

Booker finally caught fire though, which is a good sign.

iamblades

I'm at rupp right now.

This might be one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.

Just be glad you didn't have to listen to the broadcast.

How many other teams have to deal with a homer broadcaster from the opponent at home games? When he was wanting a flagrant on Towns(after they got the call wrong, Towns was fouled first, the guy blatantly wrapped up his arm to try and deny the post entry), I was about to throw something at my TV.

Duke's played like absolute dogshit and is still probably going to halftime with a double-digit lead.

That's better than nothing I guess

And another motherfucking block...

Pollux

Just be glad you didn't have to listen to the broadcast.

How many other teams have to deal with a homer broadcaster from the opponent at home games? When he was wanting a flagrant on Towns(after they got the call wrong, Towns was fouled first, the guy blatantly wrapped up his arm to try and deny the post entry), I was about to throw something at my TV.
Ha Jesus. That bad?

QC for the Oscar

Looks like the prodigal son, prince of the Empire, heir apparent to the throne, Johnny Dawkins gets his first shot at the old man tomorrow.

Ugly game. Cal just couldn't get anything going against the Texas defense. You'll be tough to beat this season if you keep playing like that.

I hope we can keep it up, and was encouraged that losing Isaiah Taylor to injury last night didn't slow us down tonight. You guys will have a good season as long as you keep your front 4 healthy and fit.

David Kravish said:
It's like a five- or six-headed monster they've got down there. You cut off one head and they bring three more after you. They're a big team and I don't know if there's any other frontline in college that could match that frontline.

I posted this quote just to get a rise out of the kentucky fans here :p

I know its just the early cupcake season, but MY GOD how refreshing it is to see the Illini obliterating teams they should. This team is going to be so fun to watch. I can't wait to see how we do in the B1G this year, they ain't ready for us.

bachikarn

We won somehow! Got a lot of growing pains to go through with this bunch. Billy will have them ready by March.

There are definitely some legit concerns. Hill has gotten worse at shooting so teams are basically daring him to shoot. Chris Walker also has a long way to go. But besides that, I don't think you can take away too much from the game. DFS and Carter were out, and they were 2 of our best offensive players. So unsurprisingly, we struggled a lot on offense.

Johnny Dawkins (who I basically consider the eldest son of the Coach K family) returns to face Pops tonight.

The youngest son, Steve Wojciechowski, just brought shame and dishonor to the family by having his Marquette team lose to Omaha at home.

Omaha

At Home!

Papa K once again gets the better of one of his children.

He's now 19-1 against the acolytes (with the lone defeat coming to Brey last year in a game we won't talk about)

crhoimpqzn0v9cccmdcj.gif

State Fans Be Like

Pollux

As much as I enjoy a good beatdown as much as the next UK fan, this isn't even fun anymore...

Ok, yes it is.

Top Bottom