• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Getting close to game time. Should be a good one. Good luck Texas gaf and prep for the fuckery that is UK fans in here.

Our realistic shot at winning this game went out the window when Isaiah Taylor was listed out for the game. Our PG Felix is way more mistake prone and can't get to the rim as effectively. The spread is 13 points so I'm hoping Texas doesn't get beat by much more than that.

Seth C

Our realistic shot at winning this game went out the window when Isaiah Taylor was listed out for the game. Our PG Felix is way more mistake prone and can't get to the rim as effectively. The spread is 13 points so I'm hoping Texas doesn't get beat by much more than that.

It's an interesting game for me. Kansas could have been a fluke. If we handle Texas as well as them, I might relax and have some confidence in the team.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm not sure who to root for in this game. Obviously Duke and UK fans will always hate each others teams, yet....Rick Barnes hasn't earned the right to beat them...or really anyone of merit.

Felix is a total scrub.

Texas's got to thank their lucky stars that UK can't put the ball in the basket because he's literally giving the game away at the moment.

There's too much size on the floor, and both offenses are being suffocated as a result.

The o/u was 123. I'de move it down to 100. First to 50 points wins

Seth C

Finally they see balls going through the net.

Sorry Texas gaf that was a bs call.

Eh. I wouldn't have called it a flagrant, but the fact that his off arm (that wasn't going for the ball) was specifically what caused KAT to go flying out of control because he had it across his neck, i understand the call.

Besides, these refs? Will make it up in no time.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Welp that call did what it needed to do. Don't bring that "Duke gets all the calls" shit in this thread again.

Fjordson

Welp that call did what it needed to do. Don't bring that "Duke gets all the calls" shit in this thread again.
Every single sports team on Earth gets help from the refs at some point. Anyone who suggests a special amount for anyone (including Duke) needs to take off their tinfoil hat.

iamblades

Up till that call the way this game has been called wasn't helping us at all, absolutely no rhythm. That's goal one on the opposing team gameplan against us, make the game ugly.

Remember UT was in the bonus well before UK got there.

Felix

xhZv7vX.png

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Every single sports team on Earth gets help from the refs at some point. Anyone who suggests a special amount for anyone (including Duke) needs to take off their tinfoil hat.

agreed, and every team in the world has been on both ends. Some still push the propaganda.

Fjordson

Also, the only reason the call stood is because a flagrant can't be rescinded. Not that surprising they called it initially given how bad it looked.

Which is a garbage rule. Can't downgrade to a common foul because....reasons.

It is just fun to hate on Duke. I look forward to that new 30 for 30 about everyone hating Christian Laetnner.

Seth C

That call wasn't about favoring anyone but the refs. This game has been all about them from the start, the way any crew with Doug Shows always is.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Also, the only reason the call stood is because a flagrant can't be rescinded. Not that surprising they called it initially given how bad it looked.

Which is a garbage rule. Can't downgrade to a common foul because....reasons.

I remember seeing one that was NCSU vs VT I think years ago. NCSU had a flagrant called against them (upon replay the state player never touched the VT players body at all he came in too fast and at a bad angle and spilled out under the basket). They lost a 6 pt lead and lost by 4.

Top Bottom