• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Fjordson

What a game by Cauley-Stein. MVP tonight for sure.

Not a great performance though. At home and with Texas missing their PG.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
UConn lost yet again to Yale, dropping them to 3-3.

Is it too late to drop them from the schedule and pick up someone else for that game at Cameron North II AKA Cameronlands? Can't be fucking up the RPI with loser teams, K don't play that.

Cameron North: Madison Square Garden
Cameron North II: Izod Center
New Cameron North: Barclays Center

Fuck no. Any time to kick UConn's ass is a good time.

Awful game tonight by the Cats. They better get their shit together before Louisville or it's gonna get ugly.

Shooting continues to be a huge concern. That, and the fouls are what kept Texas in the game.

Seth C

Awful game tonight by the Cats. They better get their shit together before Louisville or it's gonna get ugly.

Shooting continues to be a huge concern. That, and the fouls are what kept Texas in the game.

If we have these refs for the Louisville game UL would have to forfeit when they ran out of players.

If we have these refs for the Louisville game UL would have to forfeit when they ran out of players.

lol. It's not the refs, though. If I'm not mistaken, they are only following what the NCAA encouraged them to do. They are calling games tighter, much to everyone's chagrin. We've seen it in every game.

If they really want to elevate the level of play in the NCAA, they need the 24 second shot clock.

Seth C

lol. It's not the refs, though. If I'm not mistaken, they are only following what the NCAA encouraged them to do. They are calling games tighter, much to everyone's chagrin. We've seen it in every game.

If they really want to elevate the level of play in the NCAA, they need the 24 second shot clock.

You've gotta be kidding me. I've not seen a game called that tight all season. Have you? Let's be honest.

And I'm pretty sure the NCAA asked for a focus on cleaning up hard fouls. Either way, point stands.

Not sure why you want to ramble about the shot clock.

iamblades

You've gotta be kidding me. I've not seen a game called that tight all season. Have you? Let's be honest.

Yeah the refs were pulling the whole cartman 'you will respect mah authoritah' bit from the jump, and on top of that were just generally inconsistent and shitty.

I don't mind a tightly called game on the perimeter (and I think loose ball situations should be more tightly called as well), but there is going to be contact in the post on every possession, blowing the whistle every time a guy gets touched just ruins any potential for a decent flow.

Calling fouls on every bit of physical contact while allowing perimeter players to grab and push and shove is the worst of all possible worlds for the flow of a basketball game. It stagnates the offense because players don't have freedom of movement on the perimeter and you end up with the worst FT shooters taking FT after FT. It's just ugly basketball.

Wellscha

Bill Self has always been a big man, crowd the paint kind of coach. This year he's forced to play small, permitter shooting based offense, which goes against his coaching philosophy.

This season is going to be painful for the Jayhawks.

iamblades

Holy shit, Flerda going HAM on the jayhawks, that was unexpected.

Gata giving Kansas that work at the Phog?

Hmmm...

Reports of UF's demise have been exaggerated?

It was obviously going to turn around at some point, only question was whether it would be in time for them to get enough quality wins to get a decent seed, as there aren't many quality wins to be had in the SEC outside of UK and maybe arky.

Seth C

In this day, if he is even talking about the game at hand, even in the future tense....its a marked improvement.

True. He always manages to bring up a Duke game from 15 years ago, though! I think those memories are all that power him at this point.

Nesotenso

Jayhawks are much improved in the second half. Selden finally found his scoring touch. Hope we play like we did in the 2nd half more. Texas still looks like the best team in the big 12.

The second I say something nice about Florida, they go and choke away a 15 point lead.

Someone go wrap up Jahlil Okafor's feet. Tyus and Justise too, just to be safe.

devilhawk

Hard to say Florida choked. KU just actually decided to show up in the second half. Bill also decided to not play our crappiest player for 15 minutes like he did in the first.

bachikarn

Well, that was pretty frustrating. With only 7 scholarship players and our bigs in foul trouble, it's maybe not too surprising. Still shouldn't have choked away that lead. sigh

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Can't say I'm terribly surprised. We were highly overrated and really only have 3 players and one of them had a career bad day. In reality this shouldn't have even been NJIT's first game against a ranked opponent.

If I were Michigan, I'd end the basketball program and burn down the gym.

There is no coming back from that.

Yall are really about to allow the Turtles to be No.2 in the Big Ten this year.

OSU, MSU, Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota are at least as good as Maryland.

So is Michigan, despite their embarrassment!

Kacar

LOL Michigan.

NJIT's gym doesnt even have seats on one side of the gym.

proxy.jpg

Anyway, I'm not going to say a freaking word about Michigan losing to a scrub school, because (1) I'm hoping my team plays a scrub school in the round of 64 and (2) something something karma.

They have to match the football teams lowest point, Appalachian state. Now if they follow that trend UM will be in the toilet for the next 10 years

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
If it wasnt for my job I wouldnt even know that NJIT existed.

I remember them for losing like 150 games in a row or something like that 10 years or so ago.

Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better about today.

Edit: It was only 51 in a row but thats the record.

Top Bottom