• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

inm8num2

K and Izzo looking at the same recruit? Might as well go ahead and announce him coming to Duke.

12023180-large.jpg

suckstosuck.jpg

Can't really argue with you. Izzo went all in and whiffed on guys like Okafor and Parker.

Maybe this time will be different!

Freaking Miami about to lose at home to Green Bay.

Not in football, in college basketball! Assholes! Why couldn't you have played like this against us last Tuesday?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
but NJIT..... like thats a legit reaosn to lose to like Rutgers, but not NJIT

Not defending the loss. It was sad and embarrassing.

Just letting him know we had a lot to replace and we're having to do that with a very raw group of freshmen.

This could be a very different looking Michigan team in a month so I'm not worried. YET.

Arizona hasn't been able to put away anyone all year and they've played many worse teams than the Zags.
they've had trouble with slow starts and putting teams away all throughout the Miller tenure

they had trouble putting teams away last year and they were still arguably the best team in the country prior to Ashley going down

their entire mo is to wear the other team down by putting bigger, stronger, faster athletes on the court, drawing fouls, and sealing games in the final minutes from the FT line

last year in the 2nd round Gonzaga gave the game away by turning the ball over at an ungodly rate allowing Arizona to get out in transition. Today, Arizona hasn't forced turnovers, nor executed particularly well in the half court, while Gonzaga's frontcourt is playing efficiently on offense

Edit: it's more out of frustration that I say we shouldn't be allowing Gonzaga any breathing room

turtle553

When I went to NJIT, we just waited for the basketball games to end so we could have open gym because that was the only court. Good job Michigan.

ACC looks like a three team race to me between Duke, UVA, and Louisville.

UNC's got to shape up if they want in

EDIT: The 2018 B1G Tourney will be in MSG because...reasons.

Not a huge fan of this Battle for New York brewing between the ACC and Big Ten. You know, conferences with headquarters in Greensboro NC and Rosemont Ill. respectively.
Too much $$$$ at stake.

Also, because the B1G and ACC are full of pretty high caliber academic institutions, their alumni bases are national. So it's still silly, but understandable as a money grab.

Draxal

ACC at least has 3 northeast schools (Syracuse, BC, Duke) to the Big 14's 1.

Rutgers, Maryland, PSU all being closer to NYC than all those schools (well PSU and Boston College are tied).

And Michigan's alumni base is just as strong as Duke's there.

edit.

This was actually a huge kick in the ass to UCONN fans. They were hoping to get in the B1G based on their basketball fanbase in this area.

Rutgers, Maryland, PSU all being closer to NYC than all those schools (well PSU and Boston College are tied).

And Michigan's alumni base is just as strong as Duke's there.

edit.

This was actually a huge kick in the ass to UCONN fans. They were hoping to get in the B1G based on their basketball fanbase in this area.

I thought they were begging and pleading to get in the ACC when Emperor Swofford opened the door for one more team.

Didn't TheNatural (RIP?) get in some huge argument with one of the UConn fans over why Louisville's athletic program deserved the bid more?

Draxal

I thought they were begging and pleading to get in the ACC when Emperor Swofford opened the door for one more team.

Didn't TheNatural (RIP?) get in some huge argument with one of the UConn fans over why Louisville's athletic program deserved the bid more?

They desperately want into either (<--- Rutgers alum) and I don't blame them for doing so.

Louisville's athletic program deserved in, but ACC lowered their academic standards by letting Ville in over UConn (FSU won the power struggle with tobacco road).

Probably Amory.

And Louisville was definitely the better "get," in terms of athletics. And by athletics, I mean football. Obviously, UConn's mens and womens basketball programs are top notch, but football is what moves the needle.

Cal really reels it back in the second half against these smaller programs, I notice. Smart, don't get hurt in a game with a 30 point lead. Just hold onto the ball and milk the clock.

iamblades

When you are shooting 67% from 2, why would we even want to shoot threes?

And part of me wants that stupid streak to end just so people will stop talking about it.

Though I do like how Aaron chose the same spot he used so effectively in the NCAAs last year to hit it though.

Kentucky is the unanimous #1 in the new AP poll, with Duke moving ahead of Arizona to 2. In the SID poll, Kentucky has 30 of 32 first place votes, with 2 Duke and 3 Arizona each getting 1.

Zalasta

Big 10 went from 6 teams in top 25 to just 3 this week, but for some reason both Ohio States and Maryland moved up despite dropping 1 game last week.

Top Bottom