• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

iamblades

I know. The clocked stopped 7 seconds before the horn went off. The horn was timed properly.

Didn't seem like 7 seconds to me, and the replay the refs were looking at has a timestamp on it IIRC.

Either way doesn't really affect anything aside from our shooting stats. :p

Seth C

Didn't seem like 7 seconds to me, and the replay the refs were looking at has a timestamp on it IIRC.

Okay, to be fair the horn was slightly early (I used a stopwatch on the replay and timed 5.56 seconds) but by the time Ullis launched the ball over 8 seconds had passed. So the whole thing was kind of pointless. Had the clock run Ullis wouldn't have gotten that heave off in time.

Seth C

We are wasting Ullis' energy by playing him at the 2G with Andrew running the point. Play him with Aaron instead so that Ullis actually gets to run the point.

lol they told UK fans to not heckle UNC too hard over the academic fraud scandal.

Fuck that shit, it's college sports and everything short of cursing Roy's mama is fair game for chants. Don't want to hear about your fraud classes, how bout not having the fraud classes.

Fjordson

Oh fuck me, I thought the game started at 4...

How did Kentucky shoot? 84 points?!?!
Our offense was surprisingly good. We finally hit some 3's!

Willie had anther great game, Andrew and Ulis had a bunch of nice assists, and Aaron and Booker both shot the ball well.

Seth C

Oh fuck me, I thought the game started at 4...

How did Kentucky shoot? 84 points?!?!

Shot great (almost too well) but a BIG part of that was having Booker and Ullis back to open things up, but UNC shot too well also. They made our defense look not so great, especially considering they don't shoot well in general either.

But part of UNC's shooting was definitely a fluke. At the half they were shooting 20% better from 3 than they were overall, which is just never a normal thing. They finished the game shooting better from 3 than their overall percentage as well.

So, I'm now officially worried.

Yep. I'm usually the optimist starting the season but that died quick this time at round.

Groce isn't the greatest on-court coach and I always figured he would simply be one of those guys that underachieves but out recruits the other guy. Well, it's starting to look like we are going to have to massively out recruit to get where we want to be.

What's up with all these Texas A&M recruits?

EDIT: and FSU?

2 of those aggy recruits are seniors from Plano West HS in Texas, and another Plano West senior is committed to Ohio State. I'm skeptical of how good they are because last year that team didn't get past the 3rd round in the state tournament with those players. We'll see how well they fare this year.

lush

Yay for Butler playing like garbage in the second half, I'll take it. Tyndall not doing a bad job with this squad, it's a shame the NCAA are fucking us.

Good win against Auburn today. Like seeing Rod Hall starting to get into his groove on the team.

3-0 Against the SEC and 1-2 Against the Big South. What a weird non-conference season.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It's that time of the year when people transfer out of Duke. Semi Ojeleye is leaving.
So far the only guy the Duke smarks were sure was going to transfer, but did not is Amile. Some people are grumbling about Grayson too, but the day a scrappy white guard with the punchable face can't make it at Duke is a sign of the end times.

Top Bottom