• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

So far the only guy the Duke smarks were sure was going to transfer, but did not is Amile. Some people are grumbling about Grayson too, but the day a scrappy white guard with the punchable face can't make it at Duke is a sign of the end times.

I dunno. Robocop had a pretty damn punchable face.

Speaking of Duke, they're finally playing another game tonight, against Elon. They'll probably have some rust, given that their last game was Wisconsin 12 days ago. Then UConn Thursday, then another 11 days before getting back at it after Christmas.

I'll probably watch tonight's game on replay (WatchESPN). Hornets and Cavs are playing at the same time tonight, so I plan to watch that to see how Kyrie, LeBron, and Love continue to mesh their games.

K's up by 18 with 1:30 left and he's still huffing and puffing at the team.

That's my Hall of Fame coach yall

Meanwhile Jah Okafor with the 25 points/20 boards. That'll do

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
K's up by 18 with 1:30 left and he's still huffing and puffing at the team.

That's my Hall of Fame coach yall

Meanwhile Jah Okafor with the 25 points/20 boards. That'll do

Couple of Elon players like Luke Eddy threw some cheap shots and undercuts at Winslow and Sulaimon. I don't mind a less talented team playing physical to muck up the game, but some of that shit was bush league.

Draconian

I can't watch this team anymore. Anthony Grant consistently has the mentally weakest coached teams year after year. He's a freaking terrible coach and it's time for him to go. Way to throw another game away coach.

So Jabari Parker tore his ACL and is done for the year. NBA, but a bummer. The Bucks were off to a decent start, contending for the playoffs in the east. Now, who knows, they might contend for Okafor.

bachikarn

I can't watch this team anymore. Anthony Grant consistently has the mentally weakest coached teams year after year. He's a freaking terrible coach and it's time for him to go. Way to throw another game away coach.

You aren't going to do better than Grant, but feel free to fire him and go through a constant carousel of coaches like the rest of the SEC.

lush

College officiating lol.

Team fights for sure. Definitely would like Tyndall to switch it up with the zone when we're playing a team with shooters. Richardson is a man.

B5KET3ECAAArf-7.jpg

K, Bilas, and Calhoun reminiscing about the 1990 Elite 8 contest at the Meadowlands.

I don't think Calhoun's amused

Crisco

Banned
After watching a few games, I think this NC State team has a chance to be Gott's best by March. Full disclosure, I did not watch the Wofford game but it sounds like we just had a terrible shooting night and lost on some fluky shit. The main thing that sticks out is the depth. Pack fans aren't used to a team with 10 dudes who can actually play. Only a couple have the potential to really hurt you on a given night, but none of them are useless. This will be a fun year me thinks.

Duke plays State in Raleigh this year.

That's a guaranteed W...for State.

EDIT: UConn would get completely healthy right before this game.

Duke fan pessisism is slowly starting to seep back in. They didn't look too hot against Elon

NewLib

Banned
So what is Duke's weakness? They seem to have good guards who can shoot well. Big guys who are skilled. Maybe guard defense is not great but why aren't they just blowing teams out like UConn by 20+? What am I missing?

So what is Duke's weakness? They seem to have good guards who can shoot well. Big guys who are skilled. Maybe guard defense is not great but why aren't they just blowing teams out like UConn by 20+? What am I missing?

They've shot terribly tonight, and didn't protect the ball well in the first half. A lot of down time since the Wisconsin game didn't help, and the frequency of the whistle is also hurting the flow of the game.

NewLib

Banned
They've shot terribly tonight, and didn't protect the ball well in the first half. A lot of down time since the Wisconsin game didn't help, and the frequency of the whistle is also hurting the flow of the game.

Hmm. I mean people talk about how good UK is but Duke is better than UK at four out of five positions.

Less than 2 minutes on the clock means time for some UConn guard to start making unconscious crazy shots

EDIT: I may go with you in terms of Duke having more skill at four of the five starting positions, but the greatness of Kentucky comes from A) Unbelievable size and B) ridiculous depth.

Even if Duke is slightly ahead on 1-5, UK's 6-10 beats Duke's 6-10 comfortably. Just look at the number of big bodies they have. Duke has Jahlil Okafor, UK can throw five different 6'11"/ 7 footers at him.

Seth C

I'd just like to point out that Miami got their asshole ripped open by my alma mater, Eastern Kentucky University. Go ACC. LoL

That syracuse player went piggy back riding

Yep Utep an AZ both played pretty bad games. I made the road trip and man was that place loud at times.

I noticed something pretty awesome one of your players did. I really dislike the trend of opposing crowds shouting "left! right! left! right!" to the footsteps of the player who just fouled out, and once the fouled out player takes a seat they cheer. Well, the Arizona player who fouled out decided to take a seat just as the UTEP player was taking his first foul shot. The crowd ended up cheering just as the home player was shooting his FT and he missed it. That was ingenious.

I noticed something pretty awesome one of your players did. I really dislike the trend of opposing crowds shouting "left! right! left! right!" to the footsteps of the player who just fouled out, and once the fouled out player takes a seat they cheer. Well, the Arizona player who fouled out decided to take a seat just as the UTEP player was taking his first foul shot. The crowd ended up cheering just as the home player was shooting his FT and he missed it. That was ingenious.
Nick Johnson started that here, IIRC.

UCLA is going to get fucking killed today

Top Bottom