• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

jakncoke

Banned
Struggling against Oakland wtf is this team even..

also man that kentucky score i fucking hate kentucky and their fans but goddamn that score.

I don't expect Alford to keep his job through next season. You look at UCLA's roster right now and it heavily leans on holdovers from Howland's tenure...and his son. You throw in Alford's documented control freak streak and you get a picture of a guy you do not want representing your program.

Branduil

This is the kind of game that should get entire Athletic Departments fired. Unfortunately, that disgusting slug Guerrero has no real accountability. If he did, he would never have been allowed to hire Alford in the first place.

thefro

Nice win for Indiana over Butler today.

Hopefully not the only game this year that Troy Williams hits shots instead of throwing up bricks.

iamblades

Don't look now, but after today's games, Kenpom has UK favored in every regular season game. Finally turned that UL game from a 50/50 game(with UL getting the nod cause it's a road game) to a 55% chance for UK to win.

11.2% chance of an undefeated regular season, 20% if they beat UL next week. After UL the only team with (barely) more than a 25% of winning is @Florida.

The projected record is still unchanged at 29-2 though.

iamblades

Are the michigan teams having a competition to have the worst loss of the season or something?

Eh I guess this is still better than NJIT though. Barely.

ryseing

So we have 21 TOs.

Only reason we're still in it is because WV can't shoot and keeps fouling.

FUCKKK we can't break the press.

Seth C

I'm sure Bill Self is just letting them lose to teach them a lesson again. I know if Kentucky and Kansas played again today it would only be a 3-4 point game.

inm8num2

Hooray, Michigan State beat The Citadel tonight to bounce back from the loss against Texas Southern.

Before this season I had a feeling it would be a bumpy one with the team on the bubble in March. We'll see if Izzo's tourney streak stays alive...

Alternate answer: Big 12 sux

That would be a valid conclusion, except that the rest of the Big 12 racks up quite a few quality out of conference wins, and many teams will finish with a much stronger resume than Kansas. But Kansas still wins the conference every time.

Also, 70% of Big 12 teams are AP ranked this week. Big 12 is the deepest and strongest conference in the country

theapg

That would be a valid conclusion, except that the rest of the Big 12 racks up quite a few quality out of conference wins, and many teams will finish with a much stronger resume than Kansas. But Kansas still wins the conference every time.

Also, 70% of Big 12 teams are AP ranked this week. Big 12 is the deepest and strongest conference in the country

Deepest, yes, but strongest, no. ACC has 3 teams in the top 5.

Deepest, yes, but strongest, no. ACC has 3 teams in the top 5.

That doesn't mean you have the strongest conference. By your metric, actually the SEC would be the strongest conference because they have 100% of their teams in the top 1. Disregard the fact the other 13 teams in that conference are unranked with a mediocre RPI's.

Top Bottom