• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

iamblades

That's why I only have Kentucky scoring 54.

It'll be another ugly game where I see UK just bludgeoning the opponents with their size.

My main concern with UVA is that their defense is designed to bait teams into taking threes, and if UK takes the bait and has one of those 1-16 nights. The slow pace(if we can't figure out a way to speed the pace up by then) will also always make for a close game, so all it takes is for us to do something silly like settle for chucking threes to get beat.

If we are patient and get the ball inside, we should be able to grind them out with our defense given the size advantage.

Still not sure how the Gophers lost to Purdue. Fucking Purdue. They were owning the game in the first half and then the Gophers started getting out of control in the second but they still had a 10 point lead with 10 minutes left before I had to go somewhere....just pathetic coaching if you're blowing a 10 point game under 10 minutes to play.

Hopefully they get back on track against Maryland tomorrow...they still have no great victories on the season so a ranked team on the road would be stellar.

Duke opens its ACC schedule with Boston College in a few minutes. It's on Fox Sports South locally, but also on ESPN3.

I want 1000 touches for Okafor and near as many shots.

Illini D is just flat not good enough right now for them to win on the road against B1G refs. Can't have constant mental miscues to go on top of the typical ref fuckery.

(currently down by 5 to OSU, going to lose by 5-10 I'd say)

So glad Isaiah Taylor is finally back for Texas. He looked about 75% today, but I'm glad he got meaningful playing time going into our game against Oklahoma Monday

Silkworm

Florida engaging their usual late game collapse, I see.
Yep, the collapse was complete with yet another loss for the Gators. Guess it's NIT or bust now for the Gators and the way things are going maybe it'll be no post-season play at all. Frustrating but it is what it is. At least the Gator football managed to hold on and beat ECU to brighten the day. The Gator baseball team should be good this year so I might just spend some time following that to try to distract myself from what will probably be a painful SEC schedule for the Gator basketball team *sigh*

Virginia's about to sneak this one out.

A game that's been choked away twice now, once by Virginia and once by Miami.

Just goes to show the pitfalls of playing conference ball on the road I guess.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Good win for Duke today. UVA/Miami in a crazy game, but the hoos are going to pull it out. Miami can take pride in that they have the most out of tune awful sounding pep band ever.

Can Clemson just once pretend like they think they belong is the same conference as North Carolina in basketball.

North Carolina is doubling them up midway through the second half. In Clemson.

It's the color of the basketball, which Clemson doesn't play.

Secondary benefit: imagine this flag running across the basketball court when Clemson plays Carolina.

mFYdD9m.jpg

Now imagine it without the orange, which matches their level of play in these games.

It's the color of the basketball, which Clemson doesn't play.

Secondary benefit: imagine this flag running across the basketball court when Clemson plays Carolina.

mFYdD9m.jpg

Now imagine it without the orange, which matches their level of play in these games.

Oh okay. I thought you were going somewhere else with that.

It's pretty much par for the course. Under Brownell the best we can hope for is an NIT spot(not going to happen) unless he gets super lucky with the recruiting.

Meanwhile, in the state of Kentucky but not in Lexington...

rickbozich ‏@rickbozich 12m12 minutes ago
Coach K on track to chase win 1,000 at Louisville Jan. 17. Courtside tickets available -- for nearly $4,000. http://bit.ly/17akHRF

Say what

What did I learn from the first Saturday of ACC play?

Several things:

1. Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski is on target to win his 1,000th game in Louisville. Bring money.

Duke visits the KFC Yum! Center Jan. 17. I checked StubHub.com for a snapshot on ticket prices.

Got your checkbook? Your change jar? And the college fund for all of your children.

Somebody is asking $3,866.25 – each – for two courtside seats. There are 42 tickets priced at $1,100 or more.

Out of your price range?

The cheapest seats listed are priced at $123.93, but you'll have to sit in Row S, Section 315, behind the basket in the upper arena.

What's going on? Well, it will be Duke's first trip to the KFC Yum! Center. And Coach K won his 996th game against Boston College Saturday.

If Duke beats Wake Forest and North Carolina State on the road and Miami at home, he'll try to become the first college coach to roll into four figures here Jan. 17.

jakncoke

Banned
nfl took my viewing yesterday and also i just forgot about the game but jesus a 18 pt road loss to start acc play. Going to be a rough season. 20 win in a season streak about to be over.

Louisville's playing their first ACC game ever against the Demon Deacons.

Only up by 1 early in the second half

The same 8-6 Wake Forest Demon Deacons being coached by Danny Manning that has lost to the likes of Iona, Delaware State, and (worst of all) Florida? The same university that will be hosting the Duke Okafors this coming Wednesday evening at 9 PM?

Top Bottom